Pauline: Jets leaning towards Zach Wilson

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Okay all these quarterbacks will need development.  I don't think anyone is saying that they don't.  I ask you what development does Fields need?  Are you as concerned about his areas of development as you are of Wilson?   For me the areas that Wilson excels at are the things make me what him.   As this video says, Wilson checks off all the traits you are looking for in a franchise caliber quarterback.  

Sam, Fields, Lance, Jones whomever, we have no idea. 

But if we take this guy and he’s actually good?

He’s going to be a helluva a lot of fun to watch  

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The point wasn’t that Fields is a dominant psyche, the point is that Fields was the unquestioned starter at OSU during his time there despite having elite prospects waiting in the wings. Zack Wilson’s BYU backups were all 32 years old and are getting their second PhD’s in theology. 

Justin Fields is a soft spoken, emo mush introvert with a Jamal Adams hairdo, who was surrounded by the best talent in the NCAA.

20210314_222057.thumb.jpg.aec7b480c1d93a0af98967bece0b2f7f.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Okay all these quarterbacks will need development.  I don't think anyone is saying that they don't.  I ask you what development does Fields need?  Are you as concerned about his areas of development as you are of Wilson?   For me the areas that Wilson excels at are the things make me what him.   As this video says, Wilson checks off all the traits you are looking for in a franchise caliber quarterback.  

I feel that Fields has tremendous upside the fact that he has had at least three years of quality reps against quality competition matters and hence why I believe that Fields is the safer pick, while Wilson might have based upon some experts the higher ceiling.  

I would feel much better about the Wilson pick if I heard anyone say that Wilson needs some time to develop like they did with say Mahomes.   So while I hear what you are saying as a default position that Wilson needs some development I don’t hear to many others out here saying it if at all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

48 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I feel that Fields has tremendous upside the fact that he has had at least three years of quality reps against quality competition matters and hence why I believe that Fields is the safer pick, while Wilson might have based upon some experts the higher ceiling.  

I would feel much better about the Wilson pick if i heard anyone say that be needs time to develop like they did with say Mahomes.   So while I hear you saying as a default position that Wilson needs some development i don’t here to many others saying it if at all. 

Keep Sam for 1 year and let Wilson catch up to NFL speed I have no problem with that..

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Keep Sam for 1 year and let Wilson catch up to NFL speed I have no problem with that..

This is precisely my plan!! @SAR I is also a fan of that plan and I think that the horrible QB play can be given a rest by letting Wilson develop by watching and learning under the tutelage of a competent coaching staff for once!

• Post of the Week 1

This is precisely my plan!! [mention=9488]SAR I[/mention] is also a fan of that plan and I think that the horrible QB play can be given a rest by letting Wilson develop by watching and learning under the tutelage of a competent coaching staff for once!

Sam cannot be on the team if we draft a QB. He would be booed mercifully for a turnover and the pressure to put in the young QB would be enormous.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Sam cannot be on the team if we draft a QB. He would be booed mercifully for a turnover and the pressure to put in the young QB would be enormous.

Quite frankly i am less concerned about Sam Darnold than I am ruining another QB prospect. 

17 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

There's no way the Jets are taking Fields or Wilson at 2. The Jets are hyping those QB's in an effort to get a better return from trading down. There's only TWO scenarios the Jets are considering:

1) Trade for Watson

2) Go all in with Sammy and trade down

Draft Pitts or Sewell and still take a Qb at 23 probably Mac Jones who is better and safer than Fields and Wilson

8 hours ago, prime21 said:

It's not about Sam being booed.

If we take a QB at 2 we need to be all in on him.  The entire team, the FO, the owner.  No split alliances.  

And I'm a Sam fan but if we take Wilson/Fields/Lance/Jones then Sam needs to go.  Can't trot them both out there and let them fight it out. It's unworkable and a recipe for disaster.  

12 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I would feel much better about the Wilson pick if I heard anyone say that Wilson needs some time to develop like they did with say Mahomes.   So while I hear what you are saying as a default position that Wilson needs some development I don’t hear to many others out here saying it if at all. 

Whether they say it or not to me is not that important.  They are two different players and may process the game differently.  It is possible that Wilson will not need time to develop by watching from the bench or he may sit for 4 to 6 games.  Either way, I am okay with it.  The important thing is to take the person you believe can lift your franchise to contender status.   Whether that is Fields or Wilson.  Whether they actually are ready day one or need a little seasoning, you don't pass over a guy because you are not sure if he is a day one starter.  

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Whether they say it or not to me is not that important.  They are two different players and may process the game differently.  It is possible that Wilson will not need time to develop by watching from the bench or he may sit for 4 to 6 games.  Either way, I am okay with it.  The important thing is to take the person you believe can lift your franchise to contender status.   Whether that is Fields or Wilson.  Whether they actually are ready day one or need a little seasoning, you don't pass over a guy because you are not sure if he is a day one starter.  

Hmmmm I hear ya but I actually think that point we are discussing are in the main moot because we finally IMO have competent leadership at the top of the Jets organization.

In years past there could be a real debate because Jets fans had to essentially  cross their collective fingers and hope that Herman Edwards, Ryan, Bowles and recently Gase had some real knowledge about developing a QB. Umm they really didn't... 

Now for the first time since forever I believe that the Jets as an organization have a clue as to what they are doing so whatever they decide I will be fine with it because I know that they looked at the evidence and wont overpay like we did say for Sanchez or put next year's QB, whomever he is, in a position not to be his best.

So yes, I agree with your thoughts and when coupled with the current management I feel fine drafting Wilson and if they feel he can start great and they have him sit for a year great, either way I believe that the Jets will eventually be winners.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmm I hear ya but I actually think that point we are discussing are in the main moot because we finally IMO have competent leadership at the top of the Jets organization.

In years past there could be a real debate because Jets fans had to essentially  cross their collective fingers and hope that Herman Edwards, Ryan, Bowles and recently Gase had some real knowledge about developing a QB. Umm they really didn't... 

Now for the first time since forever I believe that the Jets as an organization have a clue as to what they are doing so whatever they decide I will be fine with it because I know that they looked at the evidence and wont overpay like we did say for Sanchez or put next year's QB, whomever he is, in a position not to be his best.

So yes, I agree with your thoughts and when coupled with the current management I feel fine drafting Wilson and if they feel he can start great and they have him sit for a year great, either way I believe that the Jets will eventually be winners.

We are in 100% agreement here.  I have confidence in the FO/HC and staff.   

• Post of the Week 1

Well, as things stand right now...

I say to hell with Wilson/Fields, trade back into the 6-10 range and take Rashawn Slater.

Or are we going to rely on our current sh*t OL + a 3rd round rookie guard to protect our new “franchise” QB and miraculously expect different results?

• Upvote 1