Pauline: Jets leaning towards Zach Wilson

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Did you remember to click your heels three times when you said this?  I agree with you that it's foolish to discount Wilson, but on the other hand...

1) We have no idea who the pick will be at 2

2) We have no idea if the Jets are picking at 2

3) There are a few guys very 'close to him' including at least one QB

4) Saying 'Wilson is the pick' out loud multiple time per day doesn't actually increase the odds that the Jets will draft him.  But it does increase the odds of us reaching 1,000 necro threads in less than 15 minutes after the pick if he isn't.

That's all well and good - and you have a point for sure, but...

Wilson will be the pick at 2.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Well if you go with Wilson you also need a really good O-Line so the jewel doesn’t get killed. Can’t do a half a$$ed job there anymore. 

Are you suggesting if you draft a different QB or keep Darnold you don't need a really good O-line?

24 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

No I am pro O-Line, but Wilson seems a bit fragile to me. I might be wrong of course. 

He's almost the exact size as Rodgers towers over Breee and weighs the same as Lawrence. He is much sturdier than the narrative here. They way people talk its like people think he is smaller than Flutie

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

He's almost the exact size as Rodgers towers over Breee and weighs the same as Lawrence. He is much sturdier than the narrative here. They way people talk its like people think he is smaller than Flutie

I would agree with this. My assumption is the labrum surgeries are playing into the narrative, even though one was elective, and TL just had a similar surgery although on his non-throwing shoulder.  My concern is less so with him in the pocket and more so when he takes off to run.  He needs to be smart with his body at the next level. However, this is true of whomever we draft (fields, wilson, lance, jones).  Well not as worried about Jones running, lol.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmmmm ok...

And I still like Wilson but people can have legitimate concerns with him doesn’t make them “Anti-Wilson”.  

Darnold, Lawrence and Fields participated in Dilfers Elite 11. Wilson being drafted high doesn’t help Dilfer. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I honestly think that some people have a subconscious belief that because Wilson has the face of a 12-year-old, he also has the body of one.

• Upvote 1

Wilson fans: “Sure, I haven’t seen the BYU football team take a snap since Jim McMahon was their quarterback, but I can tell you with great certainty that this man has the rock-hard athletic physique of a lock 15 year NFL starter. Behold the muscle mass:

C9A6BD5C-9359-434A-B008-D76310080DAA.jpeg

• Haha 3

I have decided on conversion. I’ve thought long and hard about this decision. It will impact my mental health deeply in the short and long term but I know in my heart of hearts what’s best for me. 

I am converting from a Justin Fields fan to a Zach Wilson fan. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wilson fans: “Sure, I haven’t seen the BYU football team take a snap since Jim McMahon was their quarterback, but I can tell you with great certainty that this man has the rock-hard athletic physique of a lock 15 year NFL starter. Behold the muscle mass:

Are you some kind of expert on male muscle mass?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I have decided on conversion. I’ve thought long and hard about this decision. It will impact my mental health deeply in the short and long term but I know in my heart of hearts what’s best for me. 

I am converting from a Justin Fields fan to a Zach Wilson fan. 

So the conversion therapy works?

A Clockwork Orange' - Movies That Are Hard on the Eyes - Zimbio

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Are you some kind of expert on male muscle mass?

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

@joewilly12 please advise 

@PS17  @T0mShane

Maxman posted this just in case you missed it. 

So I was going to delete this, because laughing in the face of the LGBTQ community isn't what we are going to do here. Instead I am locking this thread and I quote your post so people have an example of what won't be tolerated here.

Also, to the guys tagging each other in posts and suggesting that the other one likes men ... 1999 called, they said it is time to let it go.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmmmm ok...

And I still like Wilson but people can have legitimate concerns with him doesn’t make them “Anti-Wilson”.  

That video addresed not one of the points you brought up. Not one. 

I gave you factual information, you gave me Trent Dilfers opinion in return. 

50 minutes ago, JTJet said:

That video addresed not one of the points you brought up. Not one. 

I gave you factual information, you gave me Trent Dilfers opinion in return. 

Hmmmmm Dilfer was harsher in his critique than me---

All I said was that  Wilson lost the guaranteed starting position and had to fight for it.  I then said that was a problem for me because Wilson wasn't a proven starter over his entire college career and that if the Jets draft him Wilson must be developed. That was my opinion based upon facts and it still is.....

Also I don't respond when people do what you did to my post.  I never said that Zach Wilson because of the above was "actually" stripped of anything but you then proceeded to argue that is what I said...why would I argue that?? 

I get it, you want to have a love feast with Wilson that's fine.  I like him too!

But I also like Fields & Lance (Freak player potentially) but that doesn't blind me to the fact that both of those players  have something that can be questioned about in their games. 

You obviously feel that is not the case with Wilson and that of course is your prerogative, but it need not be mine.

51 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@PS17  @T0mShane

Maxman posted this just in case you missed it. 

So I was going to delete this, because laughing in the face of the LGBTQ community isn't what we are going to do here. Instead I am locking this thread and I quote your post so people have an example of what won't be tolerated here.

Also, to the guys tagging each other in posts and suggesting that the other one likes men ... 1999 called, they said it is time to let it go.

Joe, it is not homophobic to remind the community that you once asked me for a shirtless photo. It’s not implying that you are gay. I love gays. It’s pointing out that you prefer a toned midsection. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

You obviously feel that is not the case with Wilson and that of course is your prerogative, but it need not be mine.

Interesting part of that video was Dilfer pointing out that Wilson wasn’t a “core captain,” but they made him a “gameday captain” when someone else got injured. That was an odd story when McShay and Cimini fumbled it, but Dilfer getting to the root of it filled in the blanks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Joe, it is not homophobic to remind the community that you once asked me for a shirtless photo. It’s not implying that you are gay. I love gays. It’s pointing out that you prefer a toned midsection. 

LIE you mentioned being sweaty from the gym (no way thats true)  I posted a sweaty nerdy dude at the gym.(if you were to go to the gym) for more than rifling through dumpster for aluminum cans and old gym clothes. 

I said you sent me that pic. (see below) 

Then it was the DK Metcalf issue and till this day I will still say we should have drafted him. 

You misinterpreted everything and twisted it so you would try and look cool instead of well you know.......being @T0mShane

Proof

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

B3PCB4SZWAI6VOS4EUBQ3NKZXA.jpg

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I don't get it -----the issue concerning Zack Wilson and weak competition is not that he played weak competition but he stunk while playing weak competition!

Indeed at the beginning of this last season BYU essentially stripped Wilson of his starting position because was was so awful! He then won the QB starting position on a weak team against competition no one on this board can name, and had a GREAT season!  Than is what worries me about Zack Wilson!

Again Wilson essentially had one good year, in an aborted season against weak teams whom he did not play well against previously. This is concerning... why is this so hard for people to fathom.

The idea that Wilson is some kind of can't miss prospect based on that record is mind boggling to me and I am not AGAINST the Jets drafting him but folks have to be realistic!!!

This entire post is complete fabrication. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Exaggerate much? He wasn’t “awful” in 2019, but yeah, he didn’t play well enough to be handed the starting position in 2020. 2019 was also a season in which he was recovering from preseason shoulder surgery and a season in which he suffered a fractured thumb.  If you want to ignore those factors, be my guest. But with what I saw from him in 2020, I’m not bothered by his 2019season at all. 

Thank you.

You can dislike the player, but let’s not make sh*t up