Report: Seahawks would be interested in Sam Darnold as a replacement for Russell Wilson (Get dem dawgs Jamal)

23 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So many people throw this scenario out  there like it's no big deal, but having to spend major draft capital to secure a QB isn't ideal, regardless of who it is. You'd much rather only spend ONE draft pick on your future QB, right? 

Why not just take the QB you like when you are picking #2 overall? I get that you guys like Sam, but help me out here. 

Exactly. Plus there’s a lot of different factors at play. Like let’s say the team with the high draft pick isn’t trading it and definitely selecting a QB. Like Jax this year is definitely not trading that pick. Plus we don’t even know if there’s any good QBs in that draft. The stars are aligned too perfectly for them right now to just take their next QB at pick 2 and trade Sam

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets are keeping Sam Darnold.  They're trading down from #2 for some additional 2021 picks and a 1st (and maybe a 2nd) in the 2022 Draft.  They roll Sam out there in a Saleh rebuild year and then have THREE 1st round picks next year to maneuver for a QB or trade for one from another team like the Rams traded for Stafford and like some other teams might trade for Watson or Russell Wilson.

Unfortunately I have come to this conclusion as well....

The Wilson talk is to hype up the trade

Last year JD promised SD's mom that he was going to build a wall around him and get him some weapons

We actually do have the pieces to do it.

Everyone in and out of the organization knows that Gase was an utter and complete disaster affecting not just sam but everything he touched. 

JD knows Gase and just how bad he really was

Sam is cheap this year and he likes cheap

Everyone and their mother keeps talking about how Sam is the perfect fit for the "shanahan offense"...what the hell do you think we are going to be running here next season?

If he is wrong we have more than enough to keep building the team and stick a drumstick back there to play qb next year and probably be fine. 

I think the writing's on the wall......

and I'm depressed

Free agency, day #2

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

JMO - No way Seattle trades Wilson this season knowing they don't have a #1 pick next year. 

They fired Schitty.  They will figure out a way to appease Wilson.  I’ve said it before I’ll say it again Wilson is a god in Seattle I used to live there if he was ever traded there would be epic riots

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

So many people throw this scenario out  there like it's no big deal, but having to spend major draft capital to secure a QB isn't ideal, regardless of who it is. You'd much rather only spend ONE draft pick on your future QB, right? 

Why not just take the QB you like when you are picking #2 overall? I get that you guys like Sam, but help me out here. 

Here is your help, we don't love wilson or fields.

Next question?

• Upvote 2

There is no way Wilson would be part of the trade.  It would be the same thing that is wrong with any sort of deal for Watson ... the salary ramifications are real people.  

Thankfully JD is a grown up capable of making sound decisions.

Edited by Dunnie

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

They fired Schitty.  They will figure out a way to appease Wilson.  I’ve said it before I’ll say it again Wilson is a god in Seattle I used to live there if he was ever traded there would be epic riots

Dude it's Seattle epic riots is their thing..:box:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Do you "love" Sam, a QB with 3 years of questionable tape at the NFL level?

No. 

We need to build the team and get the right QB.

We could always drat blaine gabbert or blake bortles because we have no QB right now (or mariota, or winston or goff or, or  or.

If the Jets love one of these guys then they need to draft one by all means.

If they do not love them then pass and look next year.

Just now, Beerfish said:

No. 

We need to build the team and get the right QB.

We could always drat blaine gabbert or blake bortles because we have no QB right now (or mariota, or winston or goff or, or  or.

If the Jets love one of these guys then they need to draft one by all means.

If they do not love them then pass and look next year.

Ah, the kick the can down the road argument. 

I just fundamentally disagree with that approach. 

I am of the opinion that you take a QB until you are confident that you have a QB.

But I also understand that we have all been going around in circles on this point for about 6 months now. It is what it is. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Seems like plenty of riots to go around

On 3/16/2021 at 11:49 AM, Philc1 said:

Offer them Sam and the two draft picks we just stole from them

I would sign off on this just to go read Seahawks message boards. We get their Pro Bowl QB for Jamal Adams who they're about to have to pay Pro Bowl QB money to and Sam Darnold.