Waiting to see if my dog needs surgery.

11 minutes ago, freestater said:

Started puking yesterday morning. Got an anti-nausea shot yesterday at the vet. Wont eat and pukes up any water he drinks. They're doing xrays and a berium fluid test, blood tests. 

Good vibes/prayers solicited 

?

Sorry to hear that buddy. Prayers that everything turns out ok. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, freestater said:

Hes in surgery now. Probably a stomach blockage. 

Good luck, man,  Hope he comes through it fine-- dogs are tough.  Hopefully he will be chasing bunnies, squirrels (or whatever he likes to chase) in no time.

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I once told my kids the most I would ever spend fixing our dig was $1500 and no more. 

Blew through that several times. 

I know the feeling. Expensive day.

Completely worth it if I get my buddy back, tail wagging

30 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Prayers your way @freestater hope everything is ok. 

What kind of dog is it. 

My daughter and friend have Great Danes from same litter they have all kinds of stomach issues. 

He's a terrier mix. Scruffy little dude on the left.

20200326_151220.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

I once told my kids the most I would ever spend fixing our dig was $1500 and no more. 

Blew through that several times. 

Same here.  My dog needed back surgery several years ago.  Cost me a small fortune -- had to dip into my Super Bowl fund for him.  Not like I am ever going to get a chance to put it to its intended use anyway.

11 hours ago, freestater said:

Started puking yesterday morning. Got an anti-nausea shot yesterday at the vet. Wont eat and pukes up any water he drinks. They're doing xrays and a berium fluid test, blood tests. 

?

Good luck and good vibes brother.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Don't know if you have it, but I highly recommend pet medical insurance. It's saved me thousands of dollars over the years and taken a layer of the stress out of dealing with when our dogs or cats get sick.

Owning 2 Doberman's who play like psycho's, this is very necessary.  My oldest "tore his ACL", I ended up not getting the surgery which is a long story but he's fine now and you'd never know he apparently tore his AC because he didnt and those ****ers wanted to cut him open and break his knee cap and put him through hell but annywho, he's fine but holy sh*t if I didnt have insurance, that surgery would have been major coin. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/8/2021 at 10:58 AM, freestater said:

?

Woke up this morning and our 16 year old Cat Luke had a bloated, distended stomach. Brought him to the clinic figuring he had a constipation issue or something....Vet walks up to me and my heart sunk. First words out of his mouth were, "I'm so sorry...". Luke the Cat, my friend of 16 years, the pet my kids call "Our older Cat brother" has a large mass that has now caused organ failure. His normal checkup in March was, "Hes doing well, but feed him Hydrolyzed Protein food".... I took him home so we could all have another day with our buddy, got him all of his favorite foods, let him sit in the sun for one last afternoon, and tomorrow he moves on from this existence. I'm sick. Its one thing after another.  Dad has Cancer, father in law has cancer, and now my damn Cat has cancer. 3 days before my 50th Birthday.

We gave Luke a damn good life, safe, happy, well fed Indoor cat that was always such a talkative dude. And I have to take him to his end tomorrow.  I'm sad. 

1029171050-1.thumb.jpg.0f50c73407fc2cacaff9dc9c6d9a1903.jpg

20200101_134955.thumb.jpg.e4bbae5f2ec5653145087ecfe05dd4ce.jpg

I'm going to miss him, and it isn't real for my kids yet. Tomorrow is gonna suck. 

Free, Im glad your pup is wellisI wish Old Luke got better news today... 

47 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Woke up this morning and our 16 year old Cat Luke had a bloated, distended stomach. Brought him to the clinic figuring he had a constipation issue or something....Vet walks up to me and my heart sunk. First words out of his mouth were, "I'm so sorry...". Luke the Cat, my friend of 16 years, the pet my kids call "Our older Cat brother" has a large mass that has now caused organ failure. His normal checkup in March was, "Hes doing well, but feed him Hydrolyzed Protein food".... I took him home so we could all have another day with our buddy, got him all of his favorite foods, let him sit in the sun for one last afternoon, and tomorrow he moves on from this existence. I'm sick. Its one thing after another.  Dad has Cancer, father in law has cancer, and now my damn Cat has cancer. 3 days before my 50th Birthday.

We gave Luke a damn good life, safe, happy, well fed Indoor cat that was always such a talkative dude. And I have to take him to his end tomorrow.  I'm sad. 

I'm going to miss him, and it isn't real for my kids yet. Tomorrow is gonna suck. 

Aw, man. That sucks. There's a strange difference between losing people and losing pets, at least for me. I've lost many family, friends and loved ones in my life. The pets though...you end up having to make that decision for them, and it can haunt you. There's something very unsettling, making an appointment to end a loved one's life. I'd say good luck, or some other trivialities, but the best you can hope for is to make it through and let time heal. For all the years of love and devotion they give us, there always seems to be no comfort when our time together ends. I hate this for you, brother. Hope your family can lean on each other and the happy memories for some solace. God bless Luke and your whole family. 

-Darrell

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I am so sorry.  It is heartbreaking... You and your family gave him a GREAT life.  And yes, he was family.  If this is the 1st time for the kids, it may be difficult and confusing and they probably react very differently from each other.  Be ready.

• Sympathy 1

@Jet_Engine1  Very, very sorry to hear of all the illness in your family.  And now the loss of your buddy, Luke (he was a gorgeous cat).   People who have never had a pet can't appreciate how much they become a part of your family.   Condolences on the loss of Luke.  And best wishes for your Dad and Dad-in-law maintaining the fight against their cancer.

Weird place to say it.  But also congratulations on your 50th as well.

• Sympathy 2

On 7/24/2021 at 10:13 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

. 3 days before my 50th Birthday

Hope you're having a *good* birthday today, brother. I know that its pretty difficult right now, but I'm hoping you have the chance to actually enjoy this huge milestone in your life. I join the party in September. We've traveled more than 29 billion miles around our sun, thats a lot of milage man. Hope you take some time today and reflect on the journey. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 4/8/2021 at 10:58 AM, freestater said:

?

Now that he's better, I can say this.

Stop letting him watch replays of last year's Jet games.  Those symptoms describe every Sunday evening in the fall/winter of 2020 for me.

• Haha 2

On 4/9/2021 at 7:10 AM, JiFapono said:

Owning 2 Doberman's who play like psycho's, this is very necessary.  My oldest "tore his ACL", I ended up not getting the surgery which is a long story but he's fine now and you'd never know he apparently tore his AC because he didnt and those ****ers wanted to cut him open and break his knee cap and put him through hell but annywho, he's fine but holy sh*t if I didnt have insurance, that surgery would have been major coin. 

My dog had both her ACLs done this year.  I didn’t have insurance.  Yeah. 

• Sympathy 1