On NFL Channel Now.. Jets vs Titans 12/17/12

The truth about Sanchez had been well known but most people refused to acknowledge the facts. You would get prosecuted by the old Jetsinsider police if you dared talk subversive. That game with the Titans is when I think it was finally acknowledged by fans in the masses that Sanchez must be benched once and for all. I had been screaming from the rafters for at least a year prior that Sanchez sucked and the Jets MUST move on from him. Just most fans were still holding out hope.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Should have played the game vs Tennessee in the Favre year.  Tenn was the undefeated league darlings and the Jets kicked their asses all over the field.

I remember Kevin Mawae caught on camera on the sideline bench after Farve sidearmed td pass between 2 defenders saying to his titan teamates, 

“That’s Bret Farve Bro” 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

That game ended Sanchez’ career as starting QB with the Jets for me.

The final play with him dropping and stumbling the fumbled ball to the Titans was sad.

When people describe the excitement of Drafting a new QB today, many forget that Sanchez created a inspired much more widespread excitement and promise. Much of that was because he arrived simultaneously with Rex, but those first two years were seemingly ethereal.

Those were truly unique times.

• Upvote 1

That game ended Sanchez’ career as starting QB with the Jets for me.
The final play with him dropping and stumbling the fumbled ball to the Titans was sad.
When people describe the excitement of Drafting a new QB today, many forget that Sanchez created a inspired much more widespread excitement and promise. Much of that was because he arrived simultaneously with Rex, but those first two years were seemingly ethereal.
Those were truly unique times.

I was at a bar watching this train wreck and I cursed out Sanchez for a solid hour.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2021 at 6:31 PM, JetsFanatic said:

I don’t know why they are replaying that game. It was sloppy and not well played. Sanchez was horrible. He turned the ball over about five times between interceptions and fumbles.

Maybe because the Jets are being spoken about in a positive note by the pundits this offseason... & we can't have that now can we.