Poll Deleted (I screwed up) SORRY!

Damn, I missed this. Too late to enter a vote for Tom Tupa?

Hear me out. 4 of the top 5 Jets in career passer rating are skill position players (C-Mart, Jamison Crowder, Blaire Thomas and Freeman McNeil) who combined for 5 attempts between them.

The only one in the top-5 who took snaps as an actual QB? Tommy T. The best QB in Jets history.

Trivia: The 5 attempts referenced above resulted in 5 completions for 5 TDs.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Now do the same for worst HCs in Jets history 

1.  Rex Ryan

2.  Herman Edwards

3.  Walt Michaels

All three had teams capable of getting to and winning a Super Bowl.  And all failed miserably.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

1.  Rex Ryan

2.  Herman Edwards

3.  Walt Michaels

All three had teams capable of getting to and winning a Super Bowl.  And all failed miserably.

SAR I

Herm Edwards as a Jet = .488% (3 playoff appearances in 5 years).

Rex Ryan as a Jet = .479% (2 AFC Championship Games). 

Walt Michaels as a Jet = .454% (2 playoff appearances in 6 years).

Vs 

(Your favorite coach who failed miserably)...

Adam Gase as a Jet = .281% (@ 9-23 with 0 playoffs throughout 2 years and FIRED after his embarrassing 2nd year of 2-14 (.125%). 

? ?

maxholloway1-2x.thumb.jpg.d802aa0d32e966e7645fd39e78411f28.jpg

Adam Gase was pure trash and only Rich Kotite was ever worse than Gase. It's alarming how you think Gase was "better than" Herm/Rex/Walt etc especially since you told us the other day that you "don't like Adam Gase anymore".

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

1.  Rex Ryan

2.  Herman Edwards

3.  Walt Michaels

SAR I

Thanks. It's very interesting how you punish success (could've done even more!) and reward failure (bad situation!). Seems backwards, to me.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Thanks. It's very interesting how you punish success (could've done even more!) and reward failure (bad situation!). Seems backwards, to me.

When a team has a terrible roster, the expectations for growth fall on the GM.

When a team has a stacked roster, the expectations for success falls on the HC.

Rex Ryan had one of the most talented rosters in team history and blew it because he was trying to solidify his reputation as a defensive genius and spent no money on offense and went with a raw rookie QB on a win-right-now team.  His defense failed, his strategy was flawed, he had a huge hand in drafts and free agency, and he selfishly cost us additional playoff runs and a Super Bowl appearance.

Herman Edwards had the most talented roster in team history courtesy of Bill Parcells and blew it because of his in-game decision making, clock management, and playcalling.  Stuck with Testaverde way too long costing us homefield in 2002.  Stuck with Pennington way too long with no backup plan costing us 2003, 2005, and 2007 seasons due to injury.

Walt Michaels had the most talented defense in team history and a young offense with loads of potential but was outsmarted by Don Shula and imploded, putting the team in the hands of buffoon Joe Walton who was too new and too stupid and didn't draft Dan Marino ensuring a decade of Jets futility.

These were the worst head coaches in team history.  Because they had very good rosters and did nothing with them.  Because they had critical flaws that were on display in important games.  Bowles, Gase, even Kotite, had horrible rosters and no chance to win at all. 

SAR I

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Rex Ryan had one of the most talented rosters in team history and blew it because he was trying to solidify his reputation as a defensive genius and spent no money on offense and went with a raw rookie QB on a win-right-now team.  His defense failed, his strategy was flawed, he had a huge hand in drafts and free agency, and he selfishly cost us additional playoff runs and a Super Bowl appearance.

Herman Edwards had the most talented roster in team history courtesy of Bill Parcells and blew it because of his in-game decision making, clock management, and playcalling.  Stuck with Testaverde way too long costing us homefield in 2002.  Stuck with Pennington way too long with no backup plan costing us 2003, 2005, and 2007 seasons due to injury.

Walt Michaels had the most talented defense in team history and a young offense with loads of potential but was outsmarted by Don Shula and imploded, putting the team in the hands of buffoon Joe Walton who was too new and too stupid and didn't draft Dan Marino ensuring a decade of Jets futility.

These were the worst head coaches in team history.  Because they had very good rosters and did nothing with them.  Because they had critical flaws that were on display in important games.  Bowles, Gase, even Kotite, had horrible rosters and no chance to win at all. 

SAR I

There once was a poster named SORE,

Who just didn’’t know what was in store,

He’d post his yuck,

We’d call him a schmuck,

And he would just post some more.

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

I’m fairly confident this is a serious sentence. 

Either that or he's setting a record for longest time spent in-character. This is a level of method acting that would impress Daniel Day Lewis.

• Haha 3

On 7/14/2021 at 8:51 AM, SAR I said:

SAR I

And Mangini had a future HOF QB and never won a playoff game yet the QB he let go took a 1-15 team to the playoffs and won the East..

2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

And Mangini had a future HOF QB and never won a playoff game yet the QB he let go took a 1-15 team to the playoffs and won the East..

I don't have Mangini bottom three because he was sitting at 8-3 and if Brett Favre didn't get injured we would have won the division and perhaps even made a Super Bowl appearance.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't have Mangini bottom three because he was sitting at 8-3 and if Brett Favre didn't get injured we would have won the division and perhaps even made a Super Bowl appearance.

SAR I

When Farve was injured he has his 3rd year 2nd rd QB on the bench I guess he never developed him huh?? Rex got to 2 AFCCG's with a rookie and 2nd year QB(That you love) that alone puts him passed Mangini.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

But yet you have Rex Ryan as your bottom 3 despite 2 AFC championship game Appearances with a Rookie/2nd year QB? 

What did your favorite Adam Gase ever do as a Jets HC before being FIRED that deserves to be ranked ahead of Rex Ryan by your expert HC standards? 

2-14?

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

But yet you have Rex Ryan as your bottom 3 despite 2 AFC championship game Appearances with a Rookie/2nd year QB? 

What did your favorite Adam Gase ever do as a Jets HC before being FIRED that deserves to be ranked ahead of Rex Ryan by your expert HC standards? 

2-14?

You are supposed to be leaving me alone. Don’t force me to report you.

SAR I

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2021 at 3:47 AM, jgb said:

Indeed. The psychological aspect to this sort of thing is very interesting to me. I see this among other fanbases, as well. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/14/2021 at 7:51 AM, SAR I said:

Which Herm roster was the best in team history? 

On 7/13/2021 at 9:51 PM, SAR I said:

1.  Rex Ryan

2.  Herman Edwards

3.  Walt Michaels

SAR I

SAR 1 you are very entertaining in your analysis. You truly know how to get a rise out of individuals that wish to engage on these posts as we all know that you don’t even believe what you post Keep it up it’s good for the board. 

• Haha 1