Jets as entertainment (not pain) again

21 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

It's been great fun reading and following this team this off-season.  There's been a few painful moments (Zach holdout) but for the most part it has been really, really fun to be a fan of this team again.

The FO, coaching staff, players are all really interesting, full of potential, energized, smart.

Been a while but it feels great to be a fan again.  I realize it's pre-season (silly-season) but I'm not hung up on what their final record will be.  This is a commentary on what it's been like to be a fan of the team the past decade.  

And it seems the fans in the stands at TC are very into it...excited.  I'm loving it.

Agreed.  A lot to be excited about as a Jet fan.  But lets hope we still feel the same way in Oct/Nov.

• Upvote 2

Aside from our much heralded first three picks I have more hope for the rest of the draft (which really builds a team) than in the past.

Camp can always be very deceiving, teams can look great or like garbage and things all change once the season starts.

The big prospective kill joy for all this early love is injuries.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

It's been great fun reading and following this team this off-season.  There's been a few painful moments (Zach holdout) but for the most part it has been really, really fun to be a fan of this team again.

The FO, coaching staff, players are all really interesting, full of potential, energized, smart.

Been a while but it feels great to be a fan again.  I realize it's pre-season (silly-season) but I'm not hung up on what their final record will be.  This is a commentary on what it's been like to be a fan of the team the past decade.  

And it seems the fans in the stands at TC are very into it...excited.  I'm loving it.

Just Wait GIFs | Tenor

8 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

My OP has nothing to do with what's coming.  It's all about what's happening right now.  Being a football fan of the NY Jets, in my view, is as fun as it's been in as long as I can remember.  Gase, Bowles, Ryan's last two years were miserable.  There was so much BS and as a fan there was so much to justify to make ourselves feel good it was exhausting.

• Love him or hate him but Ryan turned into a buffoon at the end of his tenure.
  • Bowles was sour, low key and saddled with Macc.
  • Gase was an utter disaster in every sense of the word.  Not even worth rehashing.  

I am finding this team to be very easy to root for...from top to bottom.  The owners are in the background.  The GM, HC, players are front and center.

I can't wait for practice today...and I can't wait for the content on this board...and I can't wait to dissect the reports out of camp.  Because there is a sense of competence, professionalism, energy.

The moment is good and very entertaining.

Just Wait GIFs | Tenor

On 8/4/2021 at 2:18 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

I hated Adam Gase even before we hired him. I had no hope for him through his two years. So the fact that I'm simply just looking forward to Jets football this year is a very nice change from the last two years where I was almost afraid to watch or follow the team. 

I wanted Gase to get hit by a bus, but I didn't want the bus driver to have bad dreams about it.  Gase should do community service, and I pi$$ on Peyton's election to the HOF because he recommended him.

• Haha 1

Besides - 

• A 2015 playoff birth flirt

• A brief fleeting dream of Sam the Savior

This team has been miserable since the Giants did this to us on Christmas Eve 2011…

image.gif.7feebd4f7c5facbd601672df6460e7a9.gif

…this team has been putridly obsolete.

It is nice to see some actual promise that doesn’t related to a fluke run by an over-the-hill groups of veterans or full burden placed on a rookie QB with no support.

Organizationally, from GM to HC to QB throughout the roster we look like we have an actual professional team.

• Upvote 1

I could not watch Sam Darnold anymore.  He was just an awful football player.  So i have not watched much the last season and a half.

Thank goodness Joe D and Coach Saleh saw what i and anyone who understands football saw and jettisoned Darnold as fast as they could.

I am able to watch jets football again and for that I am thankful.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

• Upvote 1