***The Official New York Jets @ New York Giants Game Thread (7:30pm)***

Ghost

10 hours ago, Larz said:

He was not himself. Guys were getting into his chest that he used to control easily. 

im concerned 

Edit:   I just watched the Zach roll and I’m no longer concerned. He only let 1 guy beat him and it didn’t hurt. I’m just setting the bar too high. He was very good.  It was backups, but he was fine 

They ran every play in the first it seemed to Becton side of the field and he Feeney next to him.  He didnt allow a sack or hit and we're supposed to be concerned?  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Random thoughts…

Zach looked good, but it was our starters against the Giants second string.

We complain about our backup QB situation, but Glennon was just as bad. Very few teams have a quality 2nd guy.

Mims? He’s really got to pick it up if he wants to see time this year.

Defense looked good, but just like Zach, they were going up against backups.

To sum it up, we looked okay. Things seem to be headed in the right direction. I think we’re going to be a very vanilla team on offense though, so we need the D to be as good as a lot of us think they can be.

Where are you people getting that all the Giants starters were out?  I know some sat but so did some of ours.  

Our backup QBs both looked better than Glennon

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m amazed how fixated so many of you are with the backup QB situation. We know the Jets are going with Zach from day one. This year is all about developing him. Why would anyone care who the backup is? The only possible reason I can think of is to help develop the other young guys on offense, and if that’s the case, develop the Captain (or White) also.

Here’s a reality check for some of you… we’re not making the playoffs, even if Zach plays well all year. I’d be ecstatic if we win 7 or 8 games, that would be great progress from last year.

Which troll are you?

Joined at the end of July and every post is to shoot down what the Jets did well.  

Go to the Pats site, Mack played against actual backups and complain

Go to the Fins site, Tua struggled and is what he was a year ago, a game manager at best

Go to the 49rs site and complain that Lance played against backups and their backups

Go to the Bears site, Fields was garbage against backups. got better and padded his numbers against 3rd and 4th stringers.  

Its camp, wtf do you expect.  Lawson played one series.  AVT was held out as were other.  People are talking about who looked good, which units looked good and trying to convince them that those players didnt actually play well because of the opposition.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

One thing i liked is that he didn’t throw it too hard.  He threw it at the right velocity and put it right where the wr’s hands were.  With darnold, geno and Sanchez we were always “juuuuuuuust a bit outside”.  

It was also nice to see both lines give good push.  And the rb speed was evident.  All these giant fans sitting there saying the great pumpkin, i mean, sequon, will save them, they’re delusional.  This rb setup is the best, several fast, quick rbs who can all break long runs and catch.  And once mims gets going along with moore, this offense can really hum.  It was cool to see wilson so comfortable rolling out as well.  The FB/te spot needs work but obviously we know this.  

That's one thing Morgan has to work on. The pass he threw to the TE, I think was Wesco, was thrown so hard it literally went right through his hands. And the slant to Smith, same thing. If it was just a tad lighter, was a TD. Was glad to finally see Morgan get some time. Hope he gets a bit more vs the Pack.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, section314 said:

Remember like the 4th or 5th play in the 41-0 Colt playoff game? Richie takes the screen to the house.

And the beat down started with the play from Chad to Anderson and RA taking it to the house.  Think that shocked the hell out of the Colts

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, section314 said:

He did play. had a couple of assist on tackles, but nothing stood out. Didn't see much pressure from him off the edge.

I know he played, he had a nice pressure that Banks actually talked about.  But I swore I saw his name on the injury report along with one other player.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

He did play. had a couple of assist on tackles, but nothing stood out. Didn't see much pressure from him off the edge.

Here’s my issue with Zuniga.  You watch other young ends like huff, Marshall and even the UDFA from Rutgers and you see flashes.  Haven’t seen that from Zuniga yet.  And that’s a bit surprising considering he is supposed to be athletically superior based on his drills.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Wesco is a lumbering TE from an older era.  What’s too bad is that they can’t use mims as a hybrid TE, kinda like what claypool could have become if they kept him at TE.  Ultimately they may be best off using 4 wrs or multiple rbs to get the most speed and playmaking out there.  It should work better with a guy like wilson who makes quicker decisions and puts more pressure on defenses to guard all these quick wrs and rbs.  But early on we’re going to rely more on the run and that’s ok.

They haven’t really went 4 WR at all thus far.   Besides, the benefit of having the FB be a receiving threat is  how it forces the defenses to defend that formation.  It makes opening up the running lanes easier, when they don’t have to worry about the FB catching the ball, the LBer can just play the run. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Here’s my issue with Zuniga.  You watch other young ends like huff, Marshall and even the UDFA from Rutgers and you see flashes.  Haven’t seen that from Zuniga yet.  And that’s a bit surprising considering he is supposed to be athletically superior based on his drills.  

Was having a very nice game till he got nicked up. Hope not serious. Banks really liked his game, mentioned him a few times.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Where are you people getting that all the Giants starters were out?  I know some sat but so did some of ours.  

I’m no expert on the Giants depth chart, but I heard on Sirius radio pregame show the NYG weren’t playing starters last night, and the announcers said the same thing just before our first offensive series on the game telecast.

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

At the start of the broadcast they said "lots of giants starters on defense" but I don't know who, or how many.  

Watching it a second time I'm seeing even more good things happening than I noticed on the first time.   The OLine was winning up and down the line in the first drive.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m no expert on the Giants depth chart, but I heard on Sirius radio pregame show the NYG weren’t playing starters last night, and the announcers said the same thing just before our first offensive series on the game telecast.

Some where out, as some Jets were out

Stop trying to turn a nice performance into something it wasnt.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

All except their OL. And they looked terrible.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Which troll are you?

Joined at the end of July and every post is to shoot down what the Jets did well.  

Go to the Pats site, Mack played against actual backups and complain

Go to the Fins site, Tua struggled and is what he was a year ago, a game manager at best

Go to the 49rs site and complain that Lance played against backups and their backups

Go to the Bears site, Fields was garbage against backups. got better and padded his numbers against 3rd and 4th stringers.  

It camp, wtf do you expect.  Lawson played one series.  AVT was held out as were other.  People are talking about who looked good, which units looked good and trying to convince them that those players didnt actually play well because of the opposition.  

Shoot down what we did well? The post you quoted is me wondering why people are fixated on backup QBs
Ive  said in my other posts I was happy with Zach, our defense played well, and I’m rooting for Mims to  play well. How is that akin to trolling?

I’m new here. I’m not looking to make enemies, I just don’t get as excited as some of you do watching preseason games.
I’ve been watching this team for over 50 years. Trust me I’m loyal to the Green.

6 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

At the start of the broadcast they said "lots of giants starters on defense" but I don't know who, or how many.  

Watching it a second time I'm seeing even more good things happening than I noticed on the first time.   The OLine was winning up and down the line in the first drive.  

Yeah I was watching for what two claimed they saw, Becton getting beat and looking out of shape.  Have no idea what game they really were watching.  Becton was Becton

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Shoot down what we did well? I said I was happy with Zach, our defense played well, and I’m rooting for Mims to  play well.

I’m new here. I’m not looking to make enemies, I just don’t get as excited as some of you do watching preseason games.
I’ve been watching this team for over 50 years. Trust me I’m loyal to the Green.

You seem excited enough about preseason game, that you didnt even watch to say a number of times that it was due to the Giants not playing all their starters.   Seem that interested 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

No, he actually played quite a bit.  I liked the kid when they drafted him, was disappointed with his play last night,  Invisible except for one play. 

Again, I saw him on the injured list, thats what I was talking about, I saw him in the game.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He signed two new K and both are having good camps.  Thats not true with K.  

How many kickers did we go through last year?  And the year before. 

The incumbent from last year got cut before 1 ex game.

No he has not paid attention to the position and it is going to bite us like it has the last years.

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

When I posted it, he had played on specials and one down on O. Hence we hadn't seen much of him.

He played well with 3s in the second half. He's not getting cut - and never was - but he's obviously got a lot to do to climb up the depth chart with at least 4 WRs ahead of him in Davis, Crowder, Cole and Moore. 

Mims was playing with DJ Montgomery and Lawrence Cager out wide, which tells you a lot about where he is on the depth chart right now.

By the time he's back up to speed, he's top 3. If I had to predict our starting WR's By the end of the season I'm going with Davis 1, Mims 2, and Moore in the slot.

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

How many kickers did we go through last year?  And the year before. 

The incumbent from last year got cut before 1 ex game.

No he has not paid attention to the position and it is going to bite us like it has the last years.

One.  Ficken was the K until he was injured and we signed a fill in who then got injured.

We have 2 in camp and theyre kicking well.  Amandola has a cannon for a leg, interested in the next game where I assume he'll get most of the kicks in

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You seem excited enough about preseason game, that you didnt even watch to say a number of times that it was due to the Giants not playing all their starters.   Seem that interested 

How do you know whether I watched or not?

FYI I’m sitting in a Jets tee shirt right now watching a replay, and I’m discussing it with my peers on a message board after doing the same last night. That’s a lot of effort for a person who is not a fan of this team.

From what I’ve gathered here, you and I should have a lot more in common here than things we’ll disagree with. We’re around the same age, we both saw and revere #12. We’ve seen it all, yet we still can react differently to things we see/ have seen. There’s nothing wrong with that.

I would be willing to bet you spent as many cold, windy days as I did in both Shea and Giants Stadium (Ive never been to the new one). For some reason though, you’ve chosen this morning to be the guy who challenges my level of fandom. Why, I don’t know, but I’ll tell you this… we can either be friendly, or not with each other. At this point that seems up to you. I’d be happy if it were the former.

I’m not here to get in childish back and forth nonsense though. I made that mistake getting involved with the DWC kid and I won’t do that again with anyone else. So here we are, we can discuss football or anything else you like. You’ll find that I like to keep things civil, can take a joke, and occasionally throw a light hearted jab. 
Like I said it’s up to you… friends talking football or you playing troll monitor (I think you’re better than that) it’s your choice.