Practice Updates 8/16.

Lith

Just now, Mogglez said:

The f*ck are you talking about?  A week ago I was criticizing whether or not Douglas should have signed a vet to have him sit.  Don’t get your panties in a twist because I made a guess as to why he missed one pass in practice because you wanted someone else in the draft.

You’re something else.  Have fun.  Lol..

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

I watched him a lot Saturday night. In the 2 lb sets he was lined up between the  B gaps a lot. He predictably had a ton of trouble with the guards. When he was in coverage he looked great and tipped a pass away. 

interestingly in the unofficial depth chart he’s Mosley’s backup not Nas’ backup. 

Edit. Jarred Davis’ backup 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Ups and downs.  Happens.  Curious to see the offense against the Packers though. Wednesday can’t get here soon enough.

I’m here for it. I think this 2nd week is where Wilson takes a considerable jump in his progression with GB coming to down. It’s going to feel a bit like a preseason game for him to be going against corners he’s never seen before. I know it won’t be live action & unscripted drives but just getting out there & throwing against Jaire Alexander & others will be a test in itself.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Hard to get exited or worked up over practice tweets after seeing some of these guys for real on Saturday.

Agreed. I don't need to hear reporters try to stir up drama with "Uneven day for Wilson" when they probably would have called Saturday night "uneven" if the rest of the world wasn't able to see with their own eyes that Wilson looked good.

Think about a regular season game. You will have some drives that go for FGs/TDs/Punts. So pretty much every QB is uneven every week.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Most of this training camp stuff is a good news-bad news thing.  For every good play, somebody got burnt.  Really looking forward to hearing how things go against GB in practice this week.  Want to see how the seconday holds up against Rodgers-Adams and co.  Likley to see Kurt Benkert on Saturday, so the real test will be in practice.

I'm curious how much Rodgers we'll actually see. He hardly needs the reps and GB seems very interested in getting Love reps. 

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Most of this training camp stuff is a good news-bad news thing.  For every good play, somebody got burnt.  Really looking forward to hearing how things go against GB in practice this week.  Want to see how the seconday holds up against Rodgers-Adams and co.  Likley to see Kurt Benkert on Saturday, so the real test will be in practice.

Exactly.  It’s, obviously, more fun to see bombs away passes in TC reports, but given how young and unproven this secondary is, it would be far more concerning to hear that.  Plus, it serves no purpose to the offense to practice against a sh*t defense because the second they go against someone competent, they’ll get smacked in the face and then they’re in real trouble.  Zach is a rookie.  We already know that he’s going to have ups and downs.  However, if this defense shows by the end of the season that they are more than capable, this team isn’t as far off from competing because, right now, CB is our big weakness because of how unknown these guys are.