Practice Updates 8/16.

Lith

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

The ego in this thread is too much for a Monday. 

You all matter, okay.
You’re all important. 
We all care about your thoughts and what you have to say. 

That said, feel free to keep some of those thoughts to yourself. 

-the Board

"The silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload
And nobody's gonna go to school today
She's gonna make them stay at home
And daddy doesn't understand it
He always said she was good as gold
And he can see no reasons
'Cause there are no reasons
What reason do you need to be shown?"

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

"The silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload
And nobody's gonna go to school today
She's gonna make them stay at home
And daddy doesn't understand it
He always said she was good as gold
And he can see no reasons
'Cause there are no reasons
What reason do you need to be shown?"

Mondays.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

To be fair didn't you post a Trevor wank-a-thon thread when you thought we were going to draft him? Thought that was you. 

Yes. Rooting for loses and the #1 overall pick was the only way I could find any type of fan enjoyment throughout all of 2020 and I'll gladly hope I was wrong because not only preseason game #1 but throughout the entire offseason Trevor Lawrence has looked really bad. Atrocious. And I'm loving it. 

I didn't get Trevor Lawrence but I got both of my favorite Elijah Moore and Hamsah Nasirildeen (both who I was begging for as future Jets months before the draft too). 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Okay...it's just too easy to go back and fact check.  These are all quotes of yours from the draft period.

"• And I'm also taking Terrace Marshall Jr./Rondale Moore over Trey Lance in the 2nd. "

"I love Terrance Marshall Jr too but Rondale Moore reminds me of a Tyreek Hill type of playmaker @ WR. His speed is unreal. "

"I'll get behind and be excited for either one of Wilson/Fields but I'll become A+ electric if we draft Najee Harris/Travis Etienne with our Seattle pick (Jamal Adams) followed by either one of Terrace Marshall Jr/Rondale Moore with our 2nd round pick. "

What you seem to do is post so many threads taking so many positions that you can always claim you called it.  But the reality here is you wanted Rondale Moore (or Mashall) more than Elijah Moore.  There was no begging for Elijah Moore.  Trust me there are many more posts to this effect.  You want to be taken seriously by the community here?  Slow your roll.  Stop trying to show everyone how smart you were in the past (especially when the evidence goes a different way).  Talk about today and tomorrow instead.  It will go over far better.  

Spying Octavia Spencer GIF by #MAmovie

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, tfine said:

I love these beat writers…they make it seem like every completed pass and TD Wilson throws is a 1 step forward and every incomplete pass INT thrown is like 7 steps back. LOL. He’s a rookie.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Its so weird. Maybe its just because our QBs have been poor protecting the football since Chad (or atleast since the advent of our practices being covered on Twitter), but don't people throw pics in practice all the time when they are trying new stuff? 

57 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

The ego in this thread is too much for a Monday. 

You all matter, okay.
You’re all important. 
We all care about your thoughts and what you have to say. 

That said, feel free to keep some of those thoughts to yourself. 

-the Board

I actually think past generations' efforts to prop up their children's self-esteem has been a terrible, terrible mistake.

40 minutes ago, nycdan said:

the reality here is you wanted Rondale Moore (or Mashall) more than Elijah Moore.  There was no begging for Elijah Moore. 

The reality is that you're wrong. 

I wanted Elijah Moore more than any WR.

I was the first Jets fan to EVER create a thread about him too. 

Yes. I liked Chase (LSU), TE Pitts (Florida), Waddle (Alabama), Smith (Alabama), Marshall Jr. (LSU), Batemam (Minnesota), Moore (Purdue) and Wallace (Oklahoma State) too etc but I loved Elijah Moore over all of them. 

I created that post in December of 2020. 

And at the time Elijah Moore was being slept on and wasn't even being mocked first two rounds. 

I've always loved Elijah Moore more then any other 2020 WR prospect and my thread (above) clearly goes to show that.

(funny how you left that thread out too).

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Mims - Josh Malone - Crowder - Cole seems like the rotation today.  Corey Davis off or something?

There's a real stew of WRs behind Davis, Crowder, Cole and Moore.  Those seem like the Top 4.  Mims, Vyncint Smith, Berrios, Malone, etc. fighting for the final couple spots with Special Teams likely being a factor (depending on how many WRs the Jets go with... probably 6?)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

It’s obvious Wilson needs reps. Don’t see why he can’t play the first half Saturday. The babying of the QB in the preseason then throwing him into the fire week 1…don’t get that rationale.

Agree.  The only thing I'll suggest is that if you play him that long you need to play the first team OL that long as well.  We can't leave Wilson out there with the 2's like Rex did to Sanchez and ended up getting him hurt.

There should be a smart way to manage this.  I don't want Becton playing a whole first half, but if we have Moses and Fant out there at OT then maybe you play Zach most of that first half.  I don't know but I'd like to see the risk managed well in the preseason while also getting these guys some reps.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

It’s obvious Wilson needs reps. Don’t see why he can’t play the first half Saturday. The babying of the QB in the preseason then throwing him into the fire week 1…don’t get that rationale.

The only issue is you really need to keep the rest of the 1's in with him too then....particularly the OL.  But receivers as well.  He has timing and rapport building with the 1's - things would be off with the 2's - probably cause more bad than good.

I agree completely he needs reps and would prefer the entire 1's play at least a half, but if you're not keeping most 1's the entire time then ZW shouldn't be playing either.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This almost sounds like the ups and downs of a rookie QB practicing with professionals after being in a college classroom just 3 months ago, no?

season 1 friends GIF

Wilson saw the inside of a college classroom? What, did someone give him a brochure that had a picture?