Practice Updates 8/16.

Lith

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s tough to gauge which game they’ll use as the “tune up” between the Packers and Eagles weeks.  I’d venture to guess if LaFleur decides to use it as the tune-up week, we’ll follow suit, but who knows now that they have  one less game to evaluate the young guys.  The Jets are also in a weird spot where the vast majority of the roster is young so guys like Echols, for example, are getting reps with the starters and the 2nd and 3rd team.

As long as the OL is playing well and Zach is protected, then I would expect the Jets to use these first three games similar to what was done in past seasons.  Give the young QB a half this weekend and then into the 3rd quarter against the Eagles.  They kept things very simple for him against the Giants, one read and get the ball out quickly, which is fine for his first game.  I expect to see them put more on his plate each week.

• Upvote 3

Guys, what are we debating here? a rookie qb can never have a bad throw now? It's like saying a pitcher stinks first time he throws a ball. It's getting ridiculous already, i'm done putting any significance on practice. Just show me in the freaking game who you are.
SammyBigHead could jade the best of us.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yup.   Until real action starts, all we have are trends and possibilities.  Never forget Browning Nagel went 5-0 (yes, we played five) in preseason before "leading" the team to a 4-12 record.
This ... he was a sure bet.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Guys, what are we debating here? a rookie qb can never have a bad throw now? It's like saying a pitcher stinks first time he throws a ball. It's getting ridiculous already, i'm done putting any significance on practice. Just show me in the freaking game who you are.

I think we’re all just eager to see real games soon.  I just wanted to add my opinion to the tweet and it got heated.  No bad blood though.  It’s settled as far as I’m concerned and we understand each other.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

“And it wasnt a see what I can get away with kind of throw”

lol clown.

It's all good. I've now got a Twitter account. 

And trust me when I say @DJ is going to see what DWC has got to say...

Screenshot_20210814-125745.thumb.png.e8a2aa5cc40f5f128d416ff3b98b8f4e.png

Ray Mickens, Victor Green and Victor Green's son all liked one of my Jets posts.

Screenshot_20210814-155545.thumb.png.b305ec0bf4ee811c1712df1bef086d7c.png

Victor Green wrote back and said RESPECT!

Screenshot_20210814-144902.thumb.png.71c95455404cd9f19affa38d262f30c6.png

Victor Green Re-Tweeted my post!

I'm about to give @DJ the business

???

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

As long as the OL is playing well and Zach is protected, then I would expect the Jets to use these first three games similar to what was done in past seasons.  Give the young QB a half this weekend and then into the 3rd quarter against the Eagles.  They kept things very simple for him against the Giants, one read and get the ball out quickly, which is fine for his first game.  I expect to see them put more on his plate each week.

That’s what I’m thinking.  Especially because, like I said, the Jets are already getting an extended look at everyone because of how young their roster is.  Basically, I don’t expect an “all backups” game for us but who knows, I could definitely be wrong ??‍♂️.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, viffer said:

Remember, half this board has already ordered tickets to Zach's HOF induction ceremony. The fact that he hasn't thrown a pass in an NFL game yet is only a minor detail.

To be fair, there is a segment of SOJ fans who are ready to draft our next QB as well.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, jetsons said:

sabo sounds like a clown.

Why, because he's not saying "ZOMG, Wilson is SO perfect and never makes mistakes!"?

I don't see any snark in what Sabo said there, unlike in some of Bien-Aime's tweets. Sometimes this fanbase is so easy to trigger.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This ... he was a sure bet.

Talk about a year when Jet fans were talking about a Super Bowl?  lol  Personally, that was the year I stopped believing in anything I read (newspapers back then) about training camp or the preseason.  You just set yourself up for failure when it goes wrong.  Now, with the advent of the internet/social media, fans are bombarded with every little detail from every angle possible.  That's both good and bad, i guess.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.   Watch some of his tape from Auburn, his technique is textbook when tackling.  

Yes but he's got 0% chance of beating out Hamsah Nasirildeen @ OLB. 

I'd like to see Sherwood play SS opposite of Marcus Maye @ FS because I really like Sherwood too but unfortunately he won't be seeing the field @ OLB at least not with my FSU beast Hamsah Nasirildeen locking his position down. 

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

How many starting QBs played more - including the fellow rookies?  I think it's basically none.  Many teams sat virtually all of their starters.  

I would say things are different with a rookie QB. Live reps are gold.

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Jesus, the overreactions on both side of the fence.  Cant wait for Overreaction Monday.  That's my favorite day of the year.   At this rate, on that day, we'll be either going 16-0 or 0-16 and Wilson is either in Canton or cut before the end of the season.

Calm down folks, you dont need to excuse away any report of a bad throw.  It's ok.  I have news for you, Zach Wilson is going to make mistakes and miss throws and throw INT's.  He's going to do it this season and hopefully, he'll be doing it 15 season from now in the same jersey. 

And constant the attacking posters and trying paint them a "hater" because they give an opinion?  Just calm down you ******* weirdos. 

After all the garbage/"astoundings (sic)" we've seen from this team in now a half-century plus, you're not a true Jet fan if you don't rip the team.  You want to be a hopeless homer?  Go follow one of the elite teams, not us.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This was gorgeous play.  Carter runs a nice wheel route:

Beautiful play.  Davis has pretty good coverage, Wilson put it where only Carter could make a play and a real nice adjustment to the ball in the air.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The f*ck are you talking about?  A week ago I was criticizing whether or not Douglas should have signed a vet to have him sit.  Don’t get your panties in a twist because I made a guess as to why he missed one pass in practice because you wanted someone else in the draft.

Please forgive him.

He's a Clemson fan who's upset over Trevor Lawrence not becoming a Jet.

I feel ashamed of myself for wanting Trevor Lawrence (he looks atrocious).

(I fell for the ESPN Clemson/Ohio State/Alabama QB hype like 90% of us always do).

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

Hard to get exited or worked up over practice tweets after seeing some of these guys for real on Saturday.

Agreed.

We're 5 days from the Packers game, I'm not reading any more camp threads about Zach or anyone else, done with it, doesn't matter.  Just worried about injuries and who our K is now.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

You’re something else.  Have fun.  Lol..

Your bestest QB ever Trevor Lawrence looked like dog crap on Saturday night and so does his awful wind up (it's ugly). 

Zach Wilson looked 10x better than your "bestest" QB ever (Trevor Lawrence). 

Admit it. Just admit it. Your Clemson squad is going to destroy my FSU and ACC Conference this year and you guys will not miss a single (Trevor Lawrence) beat. 

I'm an idiot for falling for the ESPN media driven Lawrence hype. Your favorite QB looked like ass. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I'm running over to Twitter.

DWC is going to bring C.J. Mosley to www.JetNation.com

I'll have him screen shot pictures of him joining JN too. 

This guy absolutely loves our fan base already (his dad said so) and I have a good feeling he'll make a couple of JN posts from time to time ???

56 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I am growing weary of the over analysis of every throw Zach makes. 

Me too. 

There are hidden agendas from a couple of Jets fans who seem to have a parade every time Cimini/DJ makes a Wilson bad throw tweet (they wanted Lawrence/Fields and can't get over it). 

He tossed a couple INTs today against an AWESOME and I mean down right amazing coach Saleh led DEFENSE (who I drafted in our JN fantasy draft before anyone else ever had a CHANCE).

BIG DEAL. 

Kid QB just went 3 consecutive TC practices + an exciting preseason performance without a single Turnover ala 4 consecutive appearances without a "costly mistake". 

image.png.ce0bd92b420cb1c615d1a7963d4b4c3b.png

But all because of a couple INTs today and 5 practices later?

The pitchforks come back out.

image.png.6316a16d587c8a211477a638cb9f736b.png

• Sympathy 1

Beautiful play.  Davis has pretty good coverage, Wilson put it where only Carter could make a play and a real nice adjustment to the ball in the air.  
Only thing that could have made this sweeter would be Carter waiting a couple steps to turn his head.... kid is the truth.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Why, because he's not saying "ZOMG, Wilson is SO perfect and never makes mistakes!"?

I don't see any snark in what Sabo said there, unlike in some of Bien-Aime's tweets. Sometimes this fanbase is so easy to trigger.

no, because out ALL the tweets combined his comes off as the most "off". 

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Dear DWC,

Please don't represent us on Twitter. Thanks.

Signed,

All of JetNation

Thanks.

But no thanks.

I've already received likes for my JETS POSTS from (Victor Green/Ray Mickens/Victor Green's son), have received a message from Victor Green (saying "RESPECT!") and Victor Green has already Re-Tweeted one of my Jet posts.

(and I've only joined Twitter just a couple of days ago).

I will continue having fun and representing us Jets fans on Twitter.

(and I'll bring a couple of Jets players here to JN along the way (to fire our fan base the FK up too). 

Screenshot_20210816-143241.thumb.png.59bbdf6a1a5a9b918a37277e8a5acdce.pngScreenshot_20210816-143441.thumb.png.ee4249698c71200fed39c4bbf8addf1a.png

Screenshot_20210816-143659.thumb.png.bf1a2073214c46a2b5f2e5c9a193e26b.png

I've given the business to both Rich Cimini and Marcellus Wiley and now DJ is next up on DWC's sh*t list.

???

#LifeIsShort.

#HaveFun.

#J-E-T-S.

Screenshot_20210816-143659.png