What kind of life is this?

JazzyJet

4 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

you did see Randle in the playoffs right?

Hahaha, oh I was concerned. 

BUT - the key guy for he Knicks is Barret, not Randle. Barret took a big jump between years 1 and 2. If he takes any kind of similar jump from year 2 to 3, we have a bright future. And he has a legit shot to lure Zion here in a couple of years. 

Randle is still a really good player who had an unbelievable year last year, he's just not a #1 option on a championship team. 

• Upvote 1

Yup. Same four here. Since I was 13 years old in 1970. 

I'm probably the anomaly, insofar as I don't root against the other local teams, I'm just less interested. I was more interested in the Giants during the LT years, only because he and their defense were great to watch, AND they punished the DC Foreskins often - living there around their godawful "hogs" fans was enough to want me to wrap myself in plastics explosives and be dropped from a helicopter on a sellout crowd in RFK stadium. I liked the Islanders in the early '80 because they were solid and they put an end to the Broad Street Bullies' horrible influence on the sport of hockey.

I don't get upset that much by the lossing.  It's a competition and I don't feel any entitlement that the teams I root for in the place I happened to live or grew to love losses most of the time.

I was lucky enough to be alive for the Miracle Mets, the Guarantee and those beautiful Knick teams that made basketball a thing of beauty.  The winning was unexpected and exhilarating. 

In the moment when your watching a game that you love played at a very high level that's a thing of beauty.  It's surprising when it happens.   

You love the game, you root for your team and if you have one of those moments when the team you root for has that breakthrough moment, you cherish it at the time and always remember it because you're a fan of the game and the competition.

Being a fan doesn't build character, lossing doesn't build character.  Competing builds character.  Actually being good enough to put it all together at a time and place to be the best is a rare joy.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JazzyJet said:

I'm 36 years old, grew up in Connecticut, DC metro, and Pittsburgh. I'm a fan of the Jets, Mets, Rangers, and Knicks. This thread is only for people who share my specific pain. Yankees, Devils, and Giants fans need not apply.

I was 10 when the Rangers won the SC. Besides that, it's been nothing but awful disappointment while I have seen the teams all around me win championships:

Patriots - 6 times, Red Sox 4 times, Bruins 1 time, Celtics 1 time

Steelers - 2 times, Penguins 3 times

Ravens - 2 times, Caps 1 time, Nationals 1 time

Giants - 2 times, Yankees 5 times

Eagles - 1 time, Phillies 1 time

Devils - 3 times

And this just geographically speaking, it doesn't include honorary mentions like the Tampa Bay Lightening winning with our players, the Braves owning the Mets, and the many times these teams have also been to the championships and lost.

This has to effect personality? Doesn't it? Not to expect nice things? Being pessimistic?

Does any other group of fans have it worse than Jets-Mets-Rangers-Knicks fans?

season 8 drama GIF by Showtime

18 hours ago, JazzyJet said:

I'm 36 years old, grew up in Connecticut, DC metro, and Pittsburgh. I'm a fan of the Jets, Mets, Rangers, and Knicks. This thread is only for people who share my specific pain. Yankees, Devils, and Giants fans need not apply.

I was 10 when the Rangers won the SC. Besides that, it's been nothing but awful disappointment while I have seen the teams all around me win championships:

Devils - 3 times

And this just geographically speaking, it doesn't include honorary mentions like the Tampa Bay Lightening winning with our players, the Braves owning the Mets, and the many times these teams have also been to the championships and lost.

This has to effect personality? Doesn't it? Not to expect nice things? Being pessimistic?

I am with you on all 4 teams. And have been "lucky" enough to see all 4 win at least 1 championship. "Lucky", that's the word, right? 

This thread title made me chuckle.....

I use to work with this off the boat Indian dude. He was a two faced scummer. Constantly lied with those sunken eyes.

He would also greet me at my shift with those scummy, sunken eyes and hold his arms out and say, "vat kind of life is diz? Diz is not eh a eh charrrrming life...."

ahhh memories.

A few years later I saw him on TV. He was busted for drunk driving. His mug shot revealed he was bald and wearing a hair piece the whole time. His name was also backwards. They said he was from Pakistan. Then the rumors of him being a terrorist began lol

• Haha 1

I look at it like this: We have been dating Marilyn Monroe for a really long time. We got to second base with her a few times and even third a couple, but when we finally win the SB it will be like she finally finally goes all the way and the release will be like nothing we have ever experienced before.

As Jets fans when we win the SB under Saleh and Zach it will be awesome and every butt fumble, Martin fumble, every bozo head coach we had to endure will all be worth it.

“Mickey Mantle won’t pay my rent.”

Nothing says it better than that and its true.

Remember Gronk partying after a Super Bowl loss?

Players of opposing teams going after a championship game… the list goes on.

Enjoy sports. Enjoy your team. Get psyched pre game and when they win. Get pissed during the game….

But leave that sh*t and emotion at the last whistle, buzzer, horn, etc. Its entertainment, especially now more than ever.

• Upvote 2

On 8/19/2021 at 2:13 PM, JazzyJet said:

Devils - 3 times

Cry me a f*cking river you petunia. I'm 51, been dealing with the crap you mention for a lot longer than you, and I don't sulk the way you do......

11 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Cry me a f*cking river you petunia. I'm 51, been dealing with the crap you mention for a lot longer than you, and I don't sulk the way you do......

yeah you're right....being a Jets fan hasn't effected your emotional stability at all....?image.png.7fcbb9e34534f4e1dc19a69a653a7da8.png