One Jets Drive: Episode 3

Gramsci

All I know is I can’t wait for the Carl Lawson Rehab doc. That is going to be a great watch. 

no, they haven’t said they were doing it, but it would be a huge miss if they don’t chronicle that rollercoaster after he quickly became such a fan favorite player. 

50 minutes ago, Drums said:

I think it was a little over the top at times. Felt like I was watching a lot of b-roll to soundtracks. Show me actual stuff on the field, I don’t care about GVR’s wedding. 

That's what OJD is. They deep dive into the players as individuals as well as the team during camp (I really like the format FWIW). Been doing this for a few years now. I get what you're saying, but that's what NFL game pass is for. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I'm only 9 minutes in but so far I'm loving it. 

• This video confirms Morgan Moses is our starting RT because they clearly let us know he was brought here to protect Zach Wilson as a Rookie QB. 

• I never knew Greg Van Roten was not only born in NY but also grew up as a Jets fan. I'm really going to pull for him moving forward. 

Screenshot_20210825-093701_YouTube.thumb.jpg.eba8415116ff6a8daee5b535b7485639.jpg

That is cool man. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

• I never knew Greg Van Roten was not only born in NY but also grew up as a Jets fan. I'm really going to pull for him moving forward. 

Screenshot_20210825-093701_YouTube.thumb.jpg.eba8415116ff6a8daee5b535b7485639.jpg

That is cool man. 

I think someone needs to check Van Roten's birth certificate. He claims he was born in 1990 but this photo, Jets attire, wood paneling and Halloween decor is straight out of 1984.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I think someone needs to check Van Roten's birth certificate. He claims he was born in 1990 but this photo, Jets attire, wood paneling and Halloween decor is straight out of 1984.

Surely all hand me downs no?

1 hour ago, RVAJet815 said:

That's what OJD is. They deep dive into the players as individuals as well as the team during camp (I really like the format FWIW). Been doing this for a few years now. I get what you're saying, but that's what NFL game pass is for. 

Don’t get me wrong, the series has been phenomenal, but I was bored last night and I think that’s okay.  They are trying to make longer episodes, I get it. I like getting to know the players, however,  I like the Hard Knocks style of the nitty gritty of camp too that has been the focus since it started. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

How many more episodes?  

I'd love to see some behind the scenes stuff with Zach, but it doesn't look like we are getting that next week.

It'd be smart to make Zach the last thing we see until opening day. So I'd bet he's the finale. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Drums said:

Don’t get me wrong, the series has been phenomenal, but I was bored last night and I think that’s okay.  They are trying to make longer episodes, I get it. I like getting to know the players, however,  I like the Hard Knocks style of the nitty gritty of camp too that has been the focus since it started. 

I get it. Hard knocks gets very soap opera like too with storylines and recurring themes. The new HC/staff precludes a lot of that stuff though. I don't mind that at all, mind you. These are real people with lives and families, so I don't mind seeing that side of things. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm only 9 minutes in but so far I'm loving it. 

• This video confirms Morgan Moses is our starting RT because they clearly let us know he was brought here to protect Zach Wilson as a Rookie QB. 

That is cool man. 

Ya, that was pretty sweet.

11 hours ago, shuler82 said:

I'll get right on it.  lol

11 hours ago, Drums said:

I find it hard to see a drastic difference between HKs and OJD.  

Biggest difference is theyre filming HKs 24/7 during camp and set up more shots and scenes than OJD.

And that every year I lose more interest in Hard Knocks overall.  Its the same shlt every year 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I find it hard to see a drastic difference between HKs and OJD.  

Biggest difference is theyre filming HKs 24/7 during camp and set up more shots and scenes than OJD.

And that every year I lose more interest in Hard Knocks overall.  Its the same shlt every year 

Yeah I barely watch Hard Knocks, I just like seeing clips of meetings and things that a fan would love to see that other teams may be able to take advantage of, so I understand why it's not there--- just wish it was. The Take Flight episodes were cool too. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Yeah I barely watch Hard Knocks, I just like seeing clips of meetings and things that a fan would love to see that other teams may be able to take advantage of, so I understand why it's not there--- just wish it was. 

Dont forget that Hard Knocks is paying big bucks for access everywhere and ONJ is a promo piece.  They not only pay big money they spend it in production.  I

• Upvote 1

Meh episode .. put me to sleep.

Q Had better back up his confident talk ... I hope he doesn't think he has arrived yet until the sacks and disruptions continue throughout this year.

Massively excited to see him continously dominate ala Donald.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

My favorite two parts were these...

Screenshot_20210826-220006_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a5a3150f73281e260527b13427f0e356.jpg

When Mekhi Becton was making fun of Quinnen Williams for "bless you thank you" ? it was an awesome feeling because you can just tell how much our two big beasts love being around one another (the only one missing was our dude @The Crusher).

From our young players attending Knicks/Islandeds playoff games together to this image captured above you can just already tell JD and coach Saleh has changed our entire locker room culture and as Jets fans I don't think we've never witnessed this type of team chemistry it's cool man these kids really enjoy being around each other; and it's going to take us far. Fk you Jamal Adams (you guys were right).

Screenshot_20210826-220147_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b76d685792964d47574c55f69cdd0812.jpg

Watching C.J. Mosley walk through that tunnel gave me chills. We might've lost Carl Lawson but we've added a 4x Pro Bowler and a 4x All-Pro and his name is C.J. freaking Mosley; and he's our true Defensive Leader for coach Saleh (to unleash).

This team is making the playoffs this year because my feelings of a 3-13 prediction last year just aren't here anymore and I just feel something special within in the makings and no AFC team is going to want to fight against a coached Saleh led team (on both sides of the ball) come postseason play. 

This team I mean that team had no quit in them against the Rams last year despite 0-13; so just imagine the fight that they're going to have throughout all 17 games behind an energetic coach who really believes in them?

This was my favorite episode so far.