Carolina Fan: Your sloppy seconds...

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I would

That doesnt mean he'll be good

Be already has Darnold doing things he should have been doing here. I nean how much evidence do people need about the lack of coaching here. They have Anderson here run a few different routes. Goe's to Carolina and becomes a more complete receiver. Leo heads to the Giants and becomes the player ws expected ws would have here

• Upvote 1

Just now, genot said:

He already has Darnold doing things he should have been doing here. I mean how much evidence do people need about the lack of coaching here. They have Anderson here run a few different routes. Goe's to Carolina and becomes a more complete receiver. Leo heads to the Giants and becomes the player we expected we would have here

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, genot said:

Be already has Darnold doing things he should have been doing here. I nean how much evidence do people need about the lack of coaching here. They have Anderson here run a few different routes. Goe's to Carolina and becomes a more complete receiver. Leo heads to the Giants and becomes the player ws expected ws would have here

What are you talking about, he had Darnold put up a Josh Johnson or Morgan like game against Pitts backups

How has Anderson become a complete WR?  LOl, youre just making stuff up now

Darnold.  Anderson.  Brady.

Youre rooting for the wrong team.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

What are you talking about, he had Darnold put up a Josh Johnson or Morgan like game against Pitts backups

Your being ridiculous. He is checking down more. Taking what the defense gives him. They design plays that way. It's what competent coaches do, when the offensive line is having problems in pass protection. He didn't do that here because the coach was a pile of garbage, who didn't use his players the way a real coach would have. I.E. Frank Gore

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How has Anderson become a complete WR?  LOl, youre just making stuff up now

Darnold.  Anderson.  Brady.

Youre rooting for the wrong team.

Go away. Your irritating me. Anderson is running more routes on that route tree in Carolina then he was running here.

6 minutes ago, tfine said:

Robby Anderson is Ted Ginn. Fast. That’s it. Cant break a tackle to save his life. Can’t tell you how many times Anderson hung your savior QB out to dry on comeback routes

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think Anderson is a very good wide receiver and one of the best deep threat targets in the league. He also has strong hands and catches almost t every football that comes his way. Grow up. Saviour QB. Im just giving my opinion on what i witness. Being a football fan and Jet fan before Sam Darnold was even born 

58 minutes ago, genot said:

Your being ridiculous. He is checking down more. Taking what the defense gives him. They design plays that way. It's what competent coaches do, when the offensive line is having problems in pass protection. He didn't do that here because the coach was a pile of garbage, who didn't use his players the way a real coach would have. I.E. Frank Gore

You watched him play one game.  One.  Against backups as a 4th year starting QB.  Youre the one being ridiculous.  

Look, I hope he does well.  He wont do what you think he'll do.  Hes inconsistent and while he can and will make an occasional wow play, he'll make a couple head scratchers on routine plays all the time.  Thats what he is up to now.  That has nothing to do with coaching or Gore.

Somewhere between your man love of Sam and Jetfan80s hate of Sam the real Sam will live

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/25/2021 at 11:58 AM, CpSinceDay1 said:

Hello, I'm a regular off the Huddle. Right now, there's a topic of y'all trashing Darnold. Surely it's because we play each other in week 1. But I was curious to know, would Jets fans be more afraid of PJ Walker than Sam Darnold???

See, I'm pulling for PJ to take over as QB1 by end of the season, hopefully after 4 games, I never believed in S.A.M. and I belvieve the Jets finessed us out of a 2nd round, but most importantly, we passed on Fields for Darnold...

And based off the rookie preseason debuts, does Wilson give y'all more hope than Darnold did?

Does Darnold really have a learning disability, or was Gase really that bad???

Oyea...only chance of y'all winning is Darnold...other than that have a nice day#keeppounding

Nico002....  is that you?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, genot said:

"It doesn't count". 

"It's just meaningless preseason".  

"He had his Carolina starters and did it against BACKUPS".  

"Let's see him do it in a REAL GAME" 

Sound Familiar?

???

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

can we not have a thread on sam every week this year like we had on jamal last year?  it's tiring.  i think the majority of us can agree that it wasn't going to work with sam here.  i still don't expect him to blow the doors off teams in carolina.  if he does, good on him.  if he doesn't, we were all right.  it's clear that keeping sam and drafting someone like sewell wasn't the play.  time to move on fellas.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

can we not have a thread on sam every week this year like we had on jamal last year?  it's tiring.  i think the majority of us can agree that it wasn't going to work with sam here.  i still don't expect him to blow the doors off teams in carolina.  if he does, good on him.  if he doesn't, we were all right.  it's clear that keeping sam and drafting someone like sewell wasn't the play.  time to move on fellas.
I think one thread..."Darnold 2021" should suffice.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, heymangold said:

If Zach lights it up nobody is going to give a sh*t how good Sam is.  Sam clearly has talent.  You don't go 3 in the draft behind the great Baker Mayfield if you're not talented. (Yes that was sarcasm for all you boys and girls watching at home)

I'm pretty convinced that Zach has a better arm, better foot work, a quicker release and is smarter than Sam.  I also think he has a burning desire to be great.  Sam can be a good NFL QB and I still think we upgraded the position while reducing the cap hit of the position for 3 to 4 years.  

Sam might well have a good year and go on to be a good NFL QB.  I think Zach has a chance to be great.  I'm glad the Jets finally have a QB who has the potential to be a game changer at QB.  

Sam has great size and he can throw the ball and make plays.  His footwork is atrocious and he doesn't seem to have a great football IQ.  Doesn't mean he can't be managed into a good NFL QB with great players around him. 

I really want to see more than a managed QB.  The Jets are in the league because they went out and got Namath.  Now you might think he was overrated but Namath had elite skills and was an absolute joy to watch.  It's only right that the NY Jets have a QB like that.  Zach may be the legacy many of us have been waiting for.  Darnold definetely wasn't it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I genuinely am rooting for Sam to revitalize his career (minus the wins for the sake of our draft position).  It wouldn’t shock me if Carolina is successful against our secondary week 1.  That being said, those of you who didn’t want Zach at all, wanted to keep Sam, and sh*t on Wilson for playing well against back-ups should keep that same energy with Darnold so people take you seriously.  Pittsburgh started off the game playing a mix of bottom tier second string players and high/mid tier third stringers and he struggled for a bit.  After ~2 or so drives, it was mostly the latter.  If I were a Panthers fan, I’d sure as sh*t hope that Darnold could succeed against them with his starting offense around him.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I genuinely am rooting for Sam to revitalize his career (minus the wins for the sake of our draft position).  It wouldn’t shock me if Carolina is successful against our secondary week 1.

That being said, those of you who didn’t want Zach at all, wanted to keep Sam, and sh*t on Wilson for playing well against back-ups should keep that same energy with Darnold so people take you seriously.  Pittsburgh started off the game playing a mix of bottom tier second string players and high/mid tier third stringers and he struggled for a bit.  If I were a Panthers fan, I’d sure as sh*t hope that Darnold could succeed against them with his starting offense around him.

Furthermore, so many people don’t seem to understand the layers that went into the choice to move on and why they ultimately made that choice:

1. JD and Saleh didn’t pick Sam.

2. The ability to build around a QB on rookie contract.

3. Avoiding the problem of having to pay him, in the hypothetical that he succeeds, a massive contract based on, let’s face it, an inconsistent body of work that you’re not entirely sure can be replicated.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, genot said:

You argue nonstop. To the point that your not even paying attention to the point i'm making

Heres a clue, when you, genot, is trying to beat people over the head and convince them, debate everyone here's claim that Darnold just isnt as good as you think and you keep coming back for more, that makes you the one who's arguing nonstop.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Heres a clue, when you, genot, is trying to beat people over the head and convince them, debate everyone here's claim that Darnold just isnt as good as you think and you keep coming back for more, that makes you the one who's arguing nonstop.  

This is tiresome. Halfway through the season, in an Around the league thread, Darnold could be a topic of discussion. Are you surprised Wilson sat out last nights game?????

7 minutes ago, genot said:

This is tiresome. Halfway through the season, in an Around the league thread, Darnold could be a topic of discussion. Are you surprised Wilson sat out last nights game?????

Go away like you said you would

Clue #2:  You dont call me the one who's arguing, say youre going, only to keep coming back trying to start it up again and then call me the one arguing

No one here should care about Darnold, he isnt a Jet and isnt good enough to keep starting conversation every time he plays

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Clue #2:  You dont call me the one who's arguing, say youre going, only to keep coming back trying to start it up again and then call me the one arguing

No one here should care about Darnold, he isnt a Jet and isnt good enough to keep starting conversation every time he plays

I didn't start the thread. I've never started a Darnold thread. 

• WTF? 1

That's a load of sh*t ... of course we care ... dude was a good kid with massive talent probably squandered by the Gaze.

We traded him because it made sense in our full rebuild. Many of us want to see Sam dominate .... but are also curious if he just sucks.

There were those of us that saw the ints in college and wanted no part of Sam. We are curious if the rest of the world was right.

Some of us fall into both categories (like myself).

It's a legitimate topic that should be followed this season closely by any Jets fan ... as it was a Jets decision to move on.

I for one just want to see Wilson destroy Sam in the rankings ... but if Sam turns into THE MAN in Carolina ... I for one will feel good that this organization didn't destroy his future.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

That's a load of sh*t ... of course we care ... dude was a good kid with massive talent probably squandered by the Gaze.

We traded him because it made sense in our full rebuild. Many of us want to see Sam dominate .... but are also curious if he just sucks.

There were those of us that saw the ints in college and wanted no part of Sam. We are curious if the rest of the world was right.

Some of us fall into both categories (like myself).

It's a legitimate topic that should be followed this season closely by any Jets fan ... as it was a Jets decision to move on.

I for one just want to see Wilson destroy Sam in the rankings ... but if Sam turns into THE MAN in Carolina ... I for one will feel good that this organization didn't destroy his future.

What does any of this have to do with me?  Think you wanted to reply to someone else.  
I said earlier I like the kid.  But be clear, starting over etc was only part of it.  A big part was he failed in 3 years to convince anyone beyond a wild guess that he was capable of taking the team to where it wants to go.

On 8/27/2021 at 7:04 PM, rex-n-effect said:

If they were committed to giving Darnold two years might as well pay less on the option than the franchise tag.

Again — he will either play well and get extended anyway or suck and be overpaid. So no, they are “saving” nothing. 

13 hours ago, Mogglez said:

That being said, those of you who didn’t want Zach at all, wanted to keep Sam, and sh*t on Wilson for playing well against back-ups should keep that same energy with Darnold so people take you seriously.

I've learned recently that it's not cool to rave about Jets who perform excellent during "meaningless preseason games" but the moment a non Jets players performs during important preseason games? You're free to praise them like no tomorrow.  

The same energy is never kept and it's been hypocritical.  

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've learned recently that it's not cool to rave about Jets who perform excellent during "meaningless preseason games" but the moment a non Jets players performs during important preseason games? You're free to praise them like no tomorrow.  

The same energy is never kept and it's been hypocritical.  

At the end of the day, none of us can predict what will happen with any of these guys.  There are no guarantees.  Why not just appreciate the encouraging moments with Zach and act like fans for once; y’know like Panthers fans are currently doing with Sam.  Root for your players and the laundry.  Should you be a blind homer and crown guys?  No.  Absolutely not.  It’s pre-season.  However, the kid played who he was forced to play and did well.  Acknowledge that he didn’t play starters and just be happy he didn’t fall flat on his face because, newsflash, he is guaranteed to have a few games where he struggles this year.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

At the end of the day, none of us can predict what will happen with any of these guys.  There are no guarantees.  Why not just appreciate the encouraging moments with Zach and act like fans for once; y’know like Panthers fans are currently doing with Sam.  Root for your players and the laundry.  Should you be a blind homer and crown guys?  No.  Absolutely not.  It’s pre-season.  However, the kid played who they were forced to play and did well.  Acknowledge that he didn’t play starters and just be happy he didn’t fall flat on his face because, newsflash, he is guaranteed to have a few games where he struggles this year.

Its just funny to me. Fans act like just because you didn't know about a small BYU program or their underdog QB and raved about Trevor Lawrence (90% of us wanted to lose every game for him) etc that you're no longer allowed to root for and become fired up about Zach Wilson and it's beyond disgusting.  

Kid has a cannon for an arm, quick release, pinpoint accuracy and put up amazing preseason statistics but these guys expect me to hold Trevor Lawrence against him and all because I didn't get my way with Trevor Lawrence? It's sad Mogz. 

I wanted Jerry Jeudy too does than mean everyone who didn't want Mekhi Becton can no longer praise him as our Franchise LT? 

Some of these guys are nuts.

• Sympathy 2

Its just funny to me. Fans act like just because you didn't know about a small BYU program or their underdog QB and raved about Trevor Lawrence (90% of us wanted to lose every game for him) etc that you're no longer allowed to root for and become fired up about Zach Wilson and it's beyond disgusting.  
Kid has a cannon for an arm, quick release, pinpoint accuracy and put up amazing preseason statistics but these guys expect me to hold Trevor Lawrence against him and all because I didn't get my way with Trevor Lawrence? It's sad Mogz. 
I wanted Jerry Jeudy too does than mean everyone who didn't want Mekhi Becton can no longer praise him as our Franchise LT? 
Some of these guys are nuts.
Wilson might be better than Mr. Lawrence. Time will tell.

On 8/28/2021 at 10:18 AM, Jet Nut said:

Huh?  If Wilson is a bust and Sammy D figures it out and ascends into a FQB, ummmm, I think most Jets fans are like going to care, a lot.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Huh?  If Wilson is a bust and Sammy D figures it out and ascends into a FQB, ummmm, I think most Jets fans are like going to care, a lot.

Fans on a message board?  No kidding.  They'll care if he figures it out and Wilson were to become the long lost FQB, they'll still care.  All they should care about is Wilson, Sammy doest work for the Jets anymore

Wilson on Carolina and the Jets get destroyed in week 1.  Wilson on the Jets we have a punchers chance.   I think our D is trash but I think Wilson may be a very special QB and lift the team. 

Sam should be a lot better with better talent around him.  Sam doesn't have the solid mechanics Wilson has or the football IQ.  I also think Zach has a better arm and quicker release.   

I honestly think we got this absolutely right.  

• Upvote 1