Bring in Doug Pederson

16 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Or...

We can let this play out and let the coaching staff grow and learn together. You don't plant a tree and expect to see apples in 5 weeks. Coach Saleh and LaFleur can't catch the balls that Zach Wilson throws at his receivers feet. I have no idea if Coach Saleh will grow as a coach, but you don't get there by hiring a new assistant coach after 5 weeks. This board has been clamoring for a young head coach who isn't a retread, and we now have one. A rookie HC with a young QB and a young team is going to have growing pains. When the season is over, we can revisit bringing guys in, or letting guys go. 

it wouldn't hurt to bring in an offensive guru to help lafleur unless the games tapes are showing something different.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Plenty of other qualified coaches?? 2 weeks before training camp??? Lol. Love how there’s magically just a plethora of good coaches waiting to be hired. 

Oh the fücking IRONY & Self-CONTRADICTION! 
lol ?

35 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Get him on the phone before Raiders do. Give him whatever title he wants. Forgot he was still available.
Get it done JD. 

Lol  ?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it wouldn't hurt to bring in an offensive guru to help lafleur unless the games tapes are showing something different.

I think it would hurt to bring in another assistant head coach after 5 weeks. The game tapes are showing that Zach Wilson is throwing the ball at the receivers feet, or behind them. That is not a play calling issue. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Get him on the phone before Raiders do. Give him whatever title he wants. Forgot he was still available.
Get it done JD. 

So fire Saleh and Co. after 5 weeks.

Will Pederson get five weeks as well, or less?

How many Coaches should we try out in a season, would you say?

I didn’t mean to overtake Saleh. Jesus. Offensive guru title.

Oh, I see.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I think it would hurt to bring in another assistant head coach after 5 weeks. The game tapes are showing that Zach Wilson is throwing the ball at the receivers feet, or behind them. That is not a play calling issue. 

Let's not forget high.  Zack is missing high on a bunch of throws.  That spells tons of INTs coming if he does not correct it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It's both a rookie oc and rookie qb mistakes. You can't pin it just on Zach. 

• Upvote 2

Passes at the feet of receivers is not LaFleur's fault. I can totally pin that all on Zach. 

Our rookie OC doesn't want to use Moore in the slot or use Mims at all. He's not designing an offense to fit the strengths and weaknesses of the players he has. He's another GeNiUs forcing squares into round holes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

True. I'm trying to figure out why Zach's missed throws are somehow LaFleur's fault. 

It's not.  Although I think LaFleur's play calling has been bad.  Once the ball is snapped, a competent QB--rookie or not--should be able to hit a receiver in the hands or numbers.  As you point out, Zack is missing a lot of throws.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

I'm comfortable with blaming both.  And Saleh for hiring an unqualified OC.

You can be comfortable blaming both but only Zach Wilson is throwing the passes at the receiver's feet, behind them, or over their head. No OC in the history of the NFL can be blamed for errant passes on high percentage throws. 

LaFleur is a qualified OC. He's just young and learning on the job like every other first time OC. I refuse to make a determination about a young OC when his QB is missing the easy throws. A 2nd and 10 play call differs from a 2nd and 3 play. Zach needs to make the easy throws, and is isn't right now. 

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Our rookie OC doesn't want to use Moore in the slot or use Mims at all. He's not designing an offense to fit the strengths and weaknesses of the players he has. He's another GeNiUs forcing squares into round holes. 

Passes thrown at the receiver's feet makes the receiver not catching it irrelevant. Lafleur can only call the play. He cannot complete the easy pass for Zach. 

You can be comfortable blaming both but only Zach Wilson is throwing the passes at the receiver's feet, behind them, or over their head. No OC in the history of the NFL can be blamed for errant passes on high percentage throws. 

LaFleur is a qualified OC. He's just young and learning on the job like every other first time OC. I refuse to make a determination about a young OC when his QB is missing the easy throws. A 2nd and 10 play call differs from a 2nd and 3 play. Zach needs to make the easy throws, and is isn't right now. 

Only part of your post I question is that LaFleur "is a qualified OC".   I don't believe this for  second.