Jets get a call from commissioners office for poor ticket sales

Rhg1084

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

$4,000 over 30 years is $133 per year or $11 per month.  That's lunch money.  That's literally a #1 with a 6pc McNugget at McDonalds.

The things you people worry about are truly silly.

SAR I

OK, awesome, like I said, nexzt time you want to give 30 years worth of lunch money away, LMK, I will donate it to a good cause

1 hour ago, JETSY14 said:

After the beating we will receive today tickets will be even cheaper for next week.  Pats are making us look silly in the first 3 minutes

Naming it "Stealth Black Rally Towel Day" was prescient. 

The towels will be so stealth, you'll hardly see any being waved.

• Haha 2

On 10/22/2021 at 7:14 PM, Beerfish said:

Owners move teams, let popular players go, have the public build stadiums, limit non in person game access.  "It's a business decision."

Players leave teams for money, thumb their nose at fans, only want to play in some markets.  "It's a business decision."

TV networks ram more commercials down peoples throats put on some awful game presentation  "It's a business decision."

Fans after putting up with sheer garbage teams and frustrations such as boring games,awful rules and reffing.  "Why are fans not supporting their teams??  Stupid fans!."

I said it in a thread the other day, No one gets the stick in pro sports more than fans.  Expected to support their teams for decades no matter what even though they are garbage.  Meanwhile everyone else f'cks the fans over and 'It is a business decision."

Post of the year!

21 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Not to mention that the Jets flood the secondary market with unsold tickets which in return drives the ticket price down.  This is another reason not to buy season tickets.  If you attend every game you will pay a little above face on maybe 2 of the games.  The rest of the games are well below face. Not to mention you don't have to buy preseason game which are worthless.

I think this is true and very short sighted by the jets.  

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

I think this is true and very short sighted by the jets.  

The devils do the same thing bc they have trouble getting fans in the seats. The tickets on the secondary market are so cheap because of the tremendous amount of tickets available. 

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Not sure what you mean.  I was on it from 1988-2003 and every year I’d get a postcard from the Jets telling me how many people were still ahead of me.  At one point they asked us to send in a $50 deposit to validate our interest and remain on it.  

SAR I

My parents got season tickets in the 1980s as a throwaway. They were giving season tickets away (not good seats but still). We went to the Jets games originally only because of the Giants waitlist. I was originally a Giants fan. That’s what I mean. 

On 10/24/2021 at 12:24 AM, Vader said:

I don’t believe the Jets had a legit waiting list at Giants Stadium in the 80s/90s. 

There was - I was on that waiting list after college starting around 97-98? The list was pretty damn long, but I was only on there for a couple years. There were ways around it, if you were smart and/or knew people. I networked with enough people, and when an existing STH was looking to transfer an extra seat, I paid them a few bucks and they did the transfer paperwork, jumping a few thousand people on the wait list IIRC.  The next year, the Jets called me up and said there was an open seat right next to me, and asked if I wanted to add it to my account. So a couple hundred bucks under the table and a year with one seat, and I had two season tickets after that for many years. 

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2021 at 4:33 PM, Vader said:

My parents got season tickets in the 1980s as a throwaway. They were giving season tickets away (not good seats but still). We went to the Jets games originally only because of the Giants waitlist. I was originally a Giants fan. That’s what I mean. 

The Jets ticket office in the 80s and 90s under Leon Hess was a pretty small and very relaxed sort of operation.  Small staff, nice friendly people to deal with but a very home grown, small-biz sort of organization. I'm not surprised they would give away season tickets in the 80s TBH.