Jets get a call from commissioners office for poor ticket sales

Rhg1084

15 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

image.png.da2b2dd23a2868150c1392eb01607711.png

If $4,000 you spent 13 years ago is something you miss, you've got no business thinking about tickets let alone commenting on them.  That's $25 a month.  You probably spend $100 a month on your dog, if you smoke a pack-a-day, that's $400 a month.

SAR I

15 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

How many more times do you have to say that before you actually believe it?

How many more times do you have to read that before you actually believe it?

In the last 13 years, I've spent $195,000 sending my kids to summer camp.  Do you really think $4,000 for a 30 year PSL matters?

SAR I

14 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

The Jets don’t even have to win at this point for me. All I want is more than 3 and out on offense for the last decade+

"MAKE SOME NOISE!"

....says the PA announcer for the 30th time in 3 hours because the opposing offense has such a huge lead in time of possession that we're constantly facing 3rd downs.

It's the single most annoying facet of in-person Jets fandom.  They get no first downs, they score no points, and on every routine 3rd and 4 they bark orders at us at full volume.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

This is a team that has had only one winning season over the past decade-ONE!

It's our 3rd or 4th rebuild in the last 6 or 8 years.  Fans can buy into, maybe, 2 seasons of awful football where at the minimum you're seeing young players develop.  But we've been asked to do that with  Idzik/Geno, Maccagnan/Fitzpatrick, Maccagnan/Darnold, and Douglas/Wilson.  Just can't do this anymore. 

I hate college football yet I'm spending $5,000 a year to watch college kids suck.

Enough.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BeaconJet said:

Sort by percentage of total capacity sold, and the Jets are bottom 5 at 88%. 73K in a 82.5K stadium.  Giants are not much better at 74K / 90%.  Might have built the stadium a little too big?

The size of the building doesn't matter.  It was built for a huge city and can accommodate overflow.  The fact that the Jets have consistently been Top 3 in the NFL and #1 in the AFC since MetLife was built is what counts.

But Jets fans, no matter how loyal, have their tipping points.  I cannot invest myself in Sanchez (mishandled), Smith (never should have been drafted), Fitzpatrick (never should have been extended), Petty (never should have been drafted), Darnold (bust), and Wilson (doubts).  

Sitting in a stadium knowing you're going to lose and watching players that you know aren't good and watching your stars trying to get out of town is just awful.  All the Jets have been selling us is hope, and it's hopeless.

SAR I

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine owning a PSL. lol

I was actually halfway through paying mine off when I had a revelation: "I'm giving my money to the New York Jets.  And getting literally nothing in return."  Cut my losses.  Still able to go to games for less than face value.  Now where's CTM to tell me what a fool I am?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

How many more times do you have to read that before you actually believe it?

In the last 13 years, I've spent $195,000 sending my kids to summer camp.  Do you really think $4,000 for a 30 year PSL matters?

SAR I

Oh look, SAR is bragging about his money again.  How new and unexpected.....

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

If $4,000 you spent 13 years ago is something you miss, you've got no business thinking about tickets let alone commenting on them.  That's $25 a month.  You probably spend $100 a month on your dog, if you smoke a pack-a-day, that's $400 a month.

SAR I

Next time you feeling throwing away $4,000, let me know, Ill take it and donate it to a valid cause.

He’s the f’cking commissioner. He should pass a rule that a team can only have a Top 5 quarterback for 3 years before he is mandatorily transferred to a needy team.
There aren’t enough great quarterbacks to go around and thus the league is unfair. He can solve that himself.
SAR I

Image1635026444.586806.jpg

I don’t know I’d take your advice about football matters …

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Not to mention that the Jets flood the secondary market with unsold tickets which in return drives the ticket price down.  This is another reason not to buy season tickets.  If you attend every game you will pay a little above face on maybe 2 of the games.  The rest of the games are well below face. Not to mention you don't have to buy preseason game which are worthless.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I was actually halfway through paying mine off when I had a revelation: "I'm giving my money to the New York Jets.  And getting literally nothing in return."  Cut my losses.  Still able to go to games for less than face value.  Now where's CTM to tell me what a fool I am?

My son is done with his playing D2 football fun. So for the first time in years, his fall weekends are free. His girlfriend, a very nice young lady,  got him tickets for the Bills. He's deeply in love, and...mildy annoyed she thought that was a good idea, rather than spending the afternoon on the couch watching Red Zone. Looking on line tickets to that game are ridiculously below face value. Expect a sheetload of  Bills Mafia types to make the trip down the Thruway. 

4 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Next time you feeling throwing away $4,000, let me know, Ill take it and donate it to a valid cause.

$4,000 over 30 years is $133 per year or $11 per month.  That's lunch money.  That's literally a #1 with a 6pc McNugget at McDonalds.

The things you people worry about are truly silly.

SAR I

4 hours ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

I don’t know I’d take your advice about football matters …

The Jets Illuminati is getting a bit antsy over being so wrong about Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh, I see.  Just you wait until October 31 when the Jets fall to 1-6 and the MetLife Stadium Insurrection begins.  Then maybe you'll understand how wrong you've been for the last decade.

SAR I

4 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Not to mention that the Jets flood the secondary market with unsold tickets which in return drives the ticket price down.  This is another reason not to buy season tickets.  If you attend every game you will pay a little above face on maybe 2 of the games.  The rest of the games are well below face. Not to mention you don't have to buy preseason game which are worthless.

Season ticket holders like the convenience of never having to buy tickets and they like sitting next to the same people.  Saving a few dollars isn't what's important.

SAR I

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

"MAKE SOME NOISE!"

....says the PA announcer for the 30th time in 3 hours because the opposing offense has such a huge lead in time of possession that we're constantly facing 3rd downs.

It's the single most annoying facet of in-person Jets fandom.  They get no first downs, they score no points, and on every routine 3rd and 4 they bark orders at us at full volume.

SAR I

For me, the most humiliating aspect of the PA call-and-response shtick is when they try to get the crowd to applaud for first downs. “And that’ll be a Jets…FIRST DOOOOOOOWWWNNNNN.” So fycking rinky-dink. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve had tickets since 1991 when I was 11.  Still sit in the upper deck and for what I pay I’m fine.  I’ve considered dropping them at times though.  

It is a lot more work to attend games at the new stadium.  In the old stadium every seat had a good view.  There were also escalators that went straight to the lower level, mezzanine or upper deck.  There were also spiral ramps as well as multiple entrances.  Now most people enter through either the Verizon or Pepsi gates.  Takes a LOT more time.  

Covid also didn’t help.  Some people enjoyed being home last year.  There are people out there who aren’t comfortable being in a crowd with 82k fans.  

The biggest thing is how bad the Jets have been the past 10 years.  I used to rarely leave a game early.  I’ve found myself doing it quite a bit the past several years.  If they win fans will return.  

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I’ve had tickets since 1991 when I was 11.  Still sit in the upper deck and for what I pay I’m fine.  I’ve considered dropping them at times though.  

It is a lot more work to attend games at the new stadium.  In the old stadium every seat had a good view.  There were also escalators that went straight to the lower level, mezzanine or upper deck.  There were also spiral ramps as well as multiple entrances.  Now most people enter through either the Verizon or Pepsi gates.  Takes a LOT more time.  

Covid also didn’t help.  Some people enjoyed being home last year.  There are people out there who aren’t comfortable being in a crowd with 82k fans.  

The biggest thing is how bad the Jets have been the past 10 years.  I used to rarely leave a game early.  I’ve found myself doing it quite a bit the past several years.  If they win fans will return.  

Not sure if you looked at the secondary market but you can get lower level or mezz for the same price you pay for ur upper deck tickets. 

5 hours ago, Vader said:

I don’t believe the Jets had a legit waiting list at Giants Stadium in the 80s/90s. 

Not sure what you mean.  I was on it from 1988-2003 and every year I’d get a postcard from the Jets telling me how many people were still ahead of me.  At one point they asked us to send in a $50 deposit to validate our interest and remain on it.  

SAR I

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

The size of the building doesn't matter.  It was built for a huge city and can accommodate overflow.  The fact that the Jets have consistently been Top 3 in the NFL and #1 in the AFC since MetLife was built is what counts.

But Jets fans, no matter how loyal, have their tipping points.  I cannot invest myself in Sanchez (mishandled), Smith (never should have been drafted), Fitzpatrick (never should have been extended), Petty (never should have been drafted), Darnold (bust), and Wilson (doubts).  

Sitting in a stadium knowing you're going to lose and watching players that you know aren't good and watching your stars trying to get out of town is just awful.  All the Jets have been selling us is hope, and it's hopeless.

SAR I

Pardon Me But Do You Have Any Grey Poupon GIFs | Tenor

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's our 3rd or 4th rebuild in the last 6 or 8 years.  Fans can buy into, maybe, 2 seasons of awful football where at the minimum you're seeing young players develop.  But we've been asked to do that with  Idzik/Geno, Maccagnan/Fitzpatrick, Maccagnan/Darnold, and Douglas/Wilson.  Just can't do this anymore. 

I hate college football yet I'm spending $5,000 a year to watch college kids suck.

Enough.

SAR I

http://www.chicagonow.com/an-agnostic-in-wheaton/files/2014/10/pardonme.jpg

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets Illuminati is getting a bit antsy over being so wrong about Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh, I see.  Just you wait until October 31 when the Jets fall to 1-6 and the MetLife Stadium Insurrection begins.  Then maybe you'll understand how wrong you've been for the last decade.

SAR I

Your trust in Hackenberg is simply the tip of the iceberg.

4 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Having been to a game at Soldier Field, the WSS would have been something like that. No tailgating but you would take mass transit and either go to a bar before or the stadium would have had tailgating stuff right there. Think the everyone driving to a stadium is going to be an issue going forward, because traffic and also drinking.