Jets get a call from commissioners office for poor ticket sales

Rhg1084

Woody is to blame for being unable to get GM and HC on the same page for so many years in this organization.  And the one time he did with Bowles and Maccagnan they ended up sucking hard.  Woody and his stupid reporting structure which he now has only finally changed.

Woody has the best market and still can't sell tickets. That's how bad this team has been.  And this ass charges $100 for parking, incredible.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

He’s the f’cking commissioner. He should pass a rule that a team can only have a Top 5 quarterback for 3 years before he is mandatorily transferred to a needy team.

There aren’t enough great quarterbacks to go around and thus the league is unfair. He can solve that himself.

SAR I

Hello  Geno.

I honestly feel for those current season ticket holders who are unhappy with the cost of attending Jets home games. I was a season ticket holder at Giant stadium before PSL's high parking and concessions. We knew the people in our section at Giant Stadium. Times were simpler back then before Covid and security checks weren't as detailed. I used to be able to pack my nips of beer inside my carry on never getting caught. Security just lightly squeezed the outside of my bag. Got away with that for years. You could give away your seats when you didn't want to attend. I gave mine away on rainy games. Just couldn't sit out there. Now I'm reading how the upper deck seats are arranged, the PSL's, and parking. I would only attend single games now.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Woody is to blame for being unable to get GM and HC on the same page for so many years in this organization.  And the one time he did with Bowles and Maccagnan they ended up sucking hard.  Woody and his stupid reporting structure which he now has only finally changed.

Bowles and Mr Coffee were hired individually by outside consultants.

JD hiring Saleh is theoretically the first time GM and HC have been aligned since Parcells made himself HC.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Owners move teams, let popular players go, have the public build stadiums, limit non in person game access.  "It's a business decision."

Players leave teams for money, thumb their nose at fans, only want to play in some markets.  "It's a business decision."

TV networks ram more commercials down peoples throats put on some awful game presentation  "It's a business decision."

Fans after putting up with sheer garbage teams and frustrations such as boring games,awful rules and reffing.  "Why are fans not supporting their teams??  Stupid fans!."

I said it in a thread the other day, No one gets the stick in pro sports more than fans.  Expected to support their teams for decades no matter what even though they are garbage.  Meanwhile everyone else f'cks the fans over and 'It is a business decision."

Yup. I often sum this up with “loyalty is a two way street.”

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

As someone who had season tickets from 1981 until this season, I can tell you the biggest reason for the attendance issues is the stadium and not the team.  The Jets had the second largest waiting list in the NFL when they played in Giants Stadium from 84-2009j even though they had a horrendous period from 87-96.  The new stadium is not built for watching football. It is built purely to maximize revenue through club seats and double the normal amount of luxury boxes, lounges with leather chairs and TVs and carving meats.  Every seat in Giants Stadium was good for watching the game. Most of the seats in MetLife are too far from the field and the upper deck of Met Life is so high that it is just not worth going to games there. That's about 1/3 or more of seats in MetLife providing unwatchable views of the game.  That is why the stadium is empty and lifeless.  The place just stinks for watching the game.  I never missed a play I went to the games in Giants Stadium and when the Jets were good and the games competitive, the place was electric.  MetLife is built for non-fans and the atmosphere for every game, even the good ones back in 2010, is dull.  

In Giants Stadium, the people in my section were the same for every game and we all knew each other well. In MetLife, the people around me were different every game and I knew nobody.  In Giants Stadium, the crowd was loud, but nobody - and I mean nobody stood up during the game. In MetLife, the crowd is quiet, but fans insist on standing for plays and on third downs - even though the team can't tell if the fans sit or stand. It is unpleasant.    

Then you have the recent development of Stub Hub and most NFL Stadiums are  filled 1/3 or more with fans of the opposing teams.  That takes away from the fun and excitement.  In Shea, I would say about 1-2% of the crowd was rooting for the visitors.  Giants Stadium had about 5-10% tops (mostly in visitor sections in the upper corner).  Now they are everywhere.  

Throw in the awful parking situation and the traffic and the game experience has become terrible in MetLife.  That is the main reason why the place is not selling.  The stadium stinks.

Winner Chicken Dinner GIFs | Tenor

• Upvote 1

It's unbelievable to me to see a league that allows a team in its biggest market to be owned by a family that uses it like it's some type of hobby akin to collecting baseball cards, and couldn't care less or know less than the Johnsons. 

Having politicos as owners consistently makes the jets vulnerable to cheating officials and crooked gambling schemes. Watching the Jets get screwed year after year with bad calls after bad call and other teams always getting the benefit of the doubt has made watching professional football into a depressing and unwatchable waste of time. So many of my lifelong friends don't even bother watching football anymore on Sundays. Since the two decent seasons during the Ryan start I haven't been able to watch past the middle of October since the Brett Favre year. It's just not good for one's mental health.

For me it all changed that day after being shut out by the teams' biggest rival our owner stated that the most important thing for him was getting the Republican elected president the next month. We deserve better than that guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Eh lots of complaining on here. The game is what you make of it. I have defended metlife before as it’s nice east access off 95, clean, open and fairly modern. I don’t get wrapped around the axle on design. 

I do think 82k seats was to much but made it as a concert stadium as well. 

Start winning, and the gaps will be filled. I don’t remember many empty seats when we beat the pats at home in late December in 2015

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The NFL deserves to burn.

Man it sure didn't take you long to get the gist of what was going on with this supposedly greatest American sports product did it Irish? Good for you brother, now maybe you won't have to waste investing another decade watching a sh*t product that tears the love of a once-great game from your heart.

How does such a conversation between the league and these teams go?

GOODELL: ”Hi, this is Mr. Goodell….would you mind explaining your low attendance?”

J&J: “Yeah…uhh…hi Rodg….”

GOODELL: “Don’t call me Rodg…”

KHAN:  “Well sir…I mean Covid really put a damper on…”

GOODELL: “Mr. Goodell will do just fine, never mind the sir. You operate in the taint swamp of Florida. Covid doesn’t exist in the minds of the people there.”

SNYDER: “Well you made us change our names. People keep trying to buy Redskin tickets but can’t find them.”

GOODELL: “Shut your smug face. You saw what I did to Gruden. Want me to realize the emails of you dressed like a war chief and that intern?!”

SNYDER: “Sorry Rodg…uhh…sir….Mr. GOODELL!”

FORD: “We hired a bouncer as our head coach. We honestly do not care about team.”

BROWN: “Two words Rodg….JOE BURROW (hangs up)”

J&J: “Mr. Rodg…uhhh” “Shut up Chrissy! Hi sorry Mr. GOODELL my little brother is confused. Who does Mr. Kraft and Mr. Belichick want us to hire and draft again?….”

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What’s so awesome about this is that the call happened in August and the Jets response was to bench their most talented receiver and instead feature Braxton Berrios in the passing game.

Whats funny is the president of the team gets no flack. Best job in the world. Guy is second in command of a professional sports team and gets to hide and suck.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

He’s the f’cking commissioner. He should pass a rule that a team can only have a Top 5 quarterback for 3 years before he is mandatorily transferred to a needy team.

There aren’t enough great quarterbacks to go around and thus the league is unfair. He can solve that himself.

SAR I

Most ridiculous thing you have ever said it eclipses 5-0 and Adam Gase man love

:)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Whats funny is the president of the team gets no flack. Best job in the world. Guy is second in command of a professional sports team and gets to hide and suck.

All that guy has to do is show the Johnson boys how much money came in through profit-sharing, claim he’s the one responsible for producing it, and the Johnson boys high five each other. Dream job. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

This wasn’t a math quiz. 

There are certain sports that are made for TV and some made for being there live. 

The NFL has intentionally made itself into a TV medium. 

Hockey live. Baseball one game a year (out of 81) live.  NBA nobody cares until playoffs. Tennis, the big 4 finals otherwise nobody cares. Golf all TV.

The only sport where live is REALLY a thing is European soccer  and if you’ve been to one it’s incredible.  

Simple math. 

Fantasy football and gambling has made football into a tv sport.  People care too much about other games besides their favorite team now.  

9 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Woody has the best market and still can't sell tickets. That's how bad this team has been.  And this ass charges $100 for parking, incredible.

Bowles is a company man. He knew that Maccagnan was awful, but he was too good of a soldier to speak out. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

How the Ben Simmons situation plays out will be an indicator. Hopefully Philly doesnt budge.

Ben Simmons is a bum. 

An nfl equivalence would be jamal admas, a player that can do one thing well and is an embarrassment at most other things required to play the game like shoot the ball through the hoop.  And yet he is paid gross millions, is a problem for his team and people act like he is some great star.

• Post of the Week 1