Jets Win Trade With Panthers

20 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

It wasn't colossally obvious at that time, nor after week 3, but those picks were a nice return and look amazing after Sam was benched today. 

of course it was if you were paying attention.

he beat 2 rookie QBs playing in there 1st ever NFL game. which those 2 teams were the 2nd and 3rd worst teams last year. and he beat a Saints team who lost there entire coaching staff but Peyton to covid. 

and of course unless you lived on a island with no TV for the past 3 years...

i would love to see all these Media guys admit they were wrong about Sam. but of course i bet they ignore this

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, doitny said:

of course it was if you were paying attention.

he beat 2 rookie QBs playing in there 1st ever NFL game. which those 2 teams were the 2nd and 3rd worst teams last year. and he beat a Saints team who lost there entire coaching staff but Peyton to covid. 

and of course unless you lived on a island with no TV for the past 3 years...

i would love to see all these Media guys admit they were wrong about Sam. but of course i bet they ignore this

And Zach would be 0-6 if Julio Jones and/or AJ Brown weren’t injured

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sellis92 said:

I’m just looking at our record and the Tiny Tim 2nd pick in the draft who has stunk here and about to go on IR and I’m just wondering how Sam-haters can gloat

Because Sam Darnold f**king blows.

And for the record, I wasn’t on the Wilson train when we took him.  I only knew for sure that trading Darnold was 100 % the right call.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because Sam Darnold f**king blows.

And for the record, I wasn’t on the Wilson train when we took him.  I only knew for sure that trading Darnold was 100 % the right call.

Sam with Kyle Pitts right now would be better than Zach on his peg leg throwing to — who are our TEs again?

2 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

Sam with Kyle Pitts right now would be better than Zach on his peg leg throwing to — who are our TEs again?

No he would not.  And in my mind it wasn’t necessarily Darnold vs Wilson here.  If it were up to me I’d have gone the Pitts + veteran QB route.  There were several decent ones available (Taylor, Trubisky, Minshew).

Either way trading Darnold for the 2 & 4 was 100 % the right call.  There’s no argument to be made otherwise.  Darnold is terrible.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No he would not.  And in my mind it wasn’t necessarily Darnold vs Wilson here.  If it were up to me I’d have gone the Pitts + veteran QB route.  There were several decent ones available (Taylor, Trubisky, Minshew).

Either way trading Darnold for the 2 & 4 was 100 % the right call.  There’s no argument to be made otherwise.  Darnold is terrible.

And yet he’s 3-4.  This place would be orgasmic if Zach Wilson was 3-4

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

And that 3-4 record has almost nothing to do with Darnold.  They’re 3-0 with CMC in the lineup.  

They just got blown out by the friggin Giants.  I mean come on.  Those 3 wins might as well have been several years ago. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And that 3-4 record has almost nothing to do with Darnold.  They’re 3-0 with CMC in the lineup.  

They just got blown out by the friggin Giants.  I mean come on.  Those 3 wins might as well have been several years ago. 

So Sam needs a good team to win.  Zach needs a good team to not be the worst qb in the NFL except for Justin Fields

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

3-4 with this CS?

LMFAO!!!!!!!

Salad bar and the LaFloor suck on the infinite pipe of ineptitude.

27 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

Darnold is horrible and was benched for PJ Walker for god's sake. Darnold sucks so bad that the Panthers are attempting to trade for an accused sexual deviant with multiple pending lawsuits surrounding his debauchery.

It's almost as if the Panthers have observed his play and realize that he's a 1 read QB that sh*ts the bed when his primary option isn't wide open.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

That Zach Wilson sucks?

you sam fan got some pair to come in here and trying to compare Sam who in his 4th year and 2nd team and just got benched cause he sucks. to a rookie who only played 5 games.

stop hiding behind your alt account.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, sciond said:

The logic here can't be because we got Wilson now and pick for him?

We sill got a box of nothing

I’m sure Panthers fans are super happy to hear all of this.

“Oh, so Darnold sucks?  At least the Jets suck too!  Makes me feel so much better that we’re paying him $19M next year and lost a 2nd & 4th.”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

The panthers got greedy.  They took Darnolds 5th year option to save a little money.  Should have saved the franchise tag as negotiating power and rolled the dice this year.  Now they are stuck with $18mm next year.  Look what Trubisky is tying paid this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, varjet said:

The panthers got greedy.  They took Darnolds 5th year option to save a little money.  Should have saved the franchise tag as negotiating power and rolled the dice this year.  Now they are stuck with $18mm next year.  Look what Trubisky is tying paid this year. 

Except it wouldn’t even save them money. If he played his ass off they would’ve extended him anyway with a ton of new money. As was said at the time and without benefit of hindsight, the only way he gets paid that $19M is if he doesn’t earn it. Idiotic move by Panthers. Made no sense at all. Unforced error.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Sellis92 said:

I’m just looking at our record and the Tiny Tim 2nd pick in the draft who has stunk here and about to go on IR and I’m just wondering how Sam-haters can gloat

Notice the subtle shift in Sam defense.

First, it was anyone who doubts is a SOJF loser.

Then it became, Sam critics are simpletons who don’t grasp that it is a team game.

Then, when he was traded it became, “Why are you obsessing over a former Jet? Stop beating a dead horse.”

And now, “How can we possibly criticize Sam when our own team blows?”

It’s just never the right time to criticize Sam Darnold.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Darnold is horrible and was benched for PJ Walker for god's sake. Darnold sucks so bad that the Panthers are attempting to trade for an accused sexual deviant with multiple pending lawsuits surrounding his debauchery.

It's almost as if the Panthers have observed his play and realize that he's a 1 read QB that sh*ts the bed when his primary option isn't wide open.

All of this is just more evidence that Sam is a secret FQB in hiding and the Panthers have let him down.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m sure Panthers fans are super happy to hear all of this.

“Oh, so Darnold sucks?  At least the Jets suck too!  Makes me feel so much better that we’re paying him $19M next year and lost a 2nd & 4th.”

I actually live in Charlotte. 

They are just thrilled....

Darnold to Anderson legend....

they have Luvu too they really showed us

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well...well..well

Seems like we won after all...

It took a lot for the FO to realize we already had a franchise QB....what the hell were they thinking trading for Darnold.

I swear, I knew he would suck enough for PJ to start but damn...he made three man swallow...lol their pride... ?

Cams home... playoffs baby all I do is win walker....

Hey we'll eat the cap y'all want Darnold back free of charge...

Someone's gotta warned the rookies about how once you become a jets it lingers...it follows u..where ever u go ..unless you're a non factor you can hinder you next team...

It's been fun..Back to life....back to reality...