Jets Win Trade With Panthers

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Panthers owe him $19M next year. As said immediately when it happened: dumbest unforced error in front office history.

All Front Office mistakes are unforced errors.

IDK, Gettleman signing OBJ to largest WR contract in history and then trading him less than a year later sustaining a crippling cap hit and getting a bag of balls back is still the worst FO move I've ever seen.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Darnold is a cotton ball.

Just not a competitor, zero balls…

Something doesn’t go right, he hangs his head and mopes…

Don’t trust someone from Southern California who chooses boogie boarding over surfing. Not an alpha.

• Upvote 3

Just now, jgb said:

Don’t trust someone from Southern California who chooses boogie boarding over surfing. Not an alpha.

Exactly.  Not an alpha. 

Completely lacks the presence to raise the play of others around him.  His teams absorb his limp d*ck softness.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

IDK, Gettleman signing OBJ to largest WR contract in history and then trading him less than a year later sustaining a crippling cap hit and getting a bag of balls back is still the worst FO move I've ever seen.

Disagree. Drafting the wrong QB when you need a QB is not unforced. Signing a FA that fails to come close to prior performance is not unforced.

Picking up a $19M option when there is literally no upside and a ton of downside is totally unforced. There was no possible way it could benefit the team. None. If Darnold played well, they’d have extended him in off season anyway. If not, adios. As I said immediately after option was picked up: literally the only way he earns that money is if he doesn’t earn it. Which is now looking like a lock. As usual, the more downvoted i get on here the more confident I am of my call.

The example you cite was a bad FO move but not unforced. Gettleman faced a decision point and had to choose left or right. Panthers were not at a decision point; they just picked up the option because… they felt like it??

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Santonio Holmes signing still a head scratcher to me 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 3

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The one and only thing this team does well is winning trades for the garbage guys we drafted a few years before.  Unfortunately they just draft more garbage guys.

Yep it’s like winning 5 bucks on a scratch off that you paid 10 bucks for and letting it ride on more scratch offs.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, jgb said:

Disagree. Drafting the wrong QB when you need a QB is not unforced. Signing a FA that fails to come close to prior performance is not unforced.

Picking up a $19M option when there is literally no upside and a ton of downside is totally unforced. There was no possible way it could benefit the team. None. If Darnold played well, they’d have extended him in off season anyway. If not, adios. As I said immediately after option was picked up: literally the only way he earns that money is if he doesn’t earn it. Which is now looking like a lock. As usual, the more downvoted i get on here the more confident I am of my call.

The example you cite was a bad FO move but not unforced. Gettleman faced a decision point and had to choose left or right. Panthers were not at a decision point; they just picked up the option because… they felt like it??

Disagree on both your points.

Gettleman knew OBJ was headache, could have traded him for a king's ransom. But he decided to sign him to the biggest WR contract with predictable results. Set the franchise back 3 years. True cap hell.

Extending Sam seems like a mistake now but it's not cap hell if they decide to draft a QB and have he and Sam compete next year. They'd pay 3/4 of that for a veteran backup anyway.