How do you feel after today's Jets win?

jetstream23

How do you feel after today's win?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. The Jets beat the Texans, how do you feel about it?

• Good. The defense played well, the rushing game was solid. It showed this team isn't quitting under Coach Saleh and can even win when they don't play great and make some mistakes.
    • Meh. Same old Jets. Meaningless win over a bad team, but it's a win I guess.
    • Bad. The Jets were simply less bad than their bad opponent. Still have the same problems and the QB is a big concern. This win also hurts their Draft position.

57 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Better than you do? lol

I’m glad we won. I’m hoping this stops the “fire everybody” discussion. Saleh is the right guy for this team IMO. Today may have started to show that the Jets can and will compete regardless of who is at QB and how that guy plays. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

i feel good for the Win. the defense played well. the OL played well to open up the holes for the run game. they did give up some sacks but i got to see if some of those was on Zach for running into them.

but Zach....

yeah it wasn't good. there were some poor decisions. but i did notice some changes, good and bad.

1. he didn't bounce any balls. though i think some were still low.

2. he hasn't figured out the right speed to throw the balls in certain areas. like the short throws had too much zip on it and made some balls hard to catch.

3. i think were hurting him by trying to force the short pass on him. through the game i heard the announcers say that he had open guys downfield but tried to force it short to guys covered very tightly.

the biggest one comes to mind the pass to Moore that got overturned by replay. the announcers said he had Cole wide open for a TD. yet he tried to force it short to Moore.

maybe we should let him be him. maybe he can still be good without forcing the short pass. he just looked out of place most of the game. i don't think you can change who he is. 

it will be interesting when we get the all 22s to see how many guys were open downfield but hes forcing to find someone shorter.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I’m glad we won. I’m hoping this stops the “fire everybody” discussion. Saleh is the right guy for this team IMO. Today may have started to show that the Jets can and will compete regardless of who is at QB and how that guy plays. 

Every one of them is getting fired after week 18 of the 2022 season.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like if you took a vote inside the locker room regarding whom the team wants to be the QB moving forward, Zach Wilson is coming in a distant fourth.

I don’t think he starts next week. They’ll play up that knee injury.

I’m not convinced he would have started today if Flacco was less of a critical thinker.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I don’t think he starts next week. They’ll play up that knee injury.

I’m not convinced he would have started today if Flacco was less of a critical thinker.

that would be stupid if they did that.

the best way to learn is to go out and do it yourself. good or bad.

Funny thing in the poll is, 74% of the board either thinks the win was good, or OK, a win is a win.

If you read the thread titles on the main board, and a lot of the posts in this thread by the same folks,  You would think the whole fan base was standing on the ledge and screaming for Wilson's head.

:) 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Is this even a discussion?

All that mattered this year was Zach. He looks worse than anyone could possibly have imagined and we have probably set ourselves back another three years. Better yet we get to listen to mindless fans tell us how consistently sh*tty QB play doesn’t mean the QB is sh*t.

But hey we beat the mighty Texans. This is a f*cking disaster. 

58 % of JN feels good after today.

58 %.

This is one reason why we can't have nice things.  We get fed one of the worst products in the league year after year and these idiots just keep taking it.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Speaking of “deep state,” the Jets leading receiver (by yardage) today had a whopping 47 yards—46 of which came on a catch and run by Braxton Berrios.

The last few weeks, our highly drafted Elijah Moore has been the beneficiary of Wilson not being under center.

This week, its back to the Braxton Berrios show.  How can Joe Douglas possibly be happy with that?

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Legs are sore from going to the gym yesterday to begin to get over my blood clots. 

just wrote my daughter a check for spring semester 

date night last night, food was good , band sucked   

so all in all not bad

Yea, for me - different line items - same vibe.

I cooked the whole dinner on Thursday, but not in my own home. It turned out great. Got the entire family together from 4 different states. Too much everything. Heartburn, bad fantasy football teams, good beer, Christmas lights and happy kiddos.

Jets played no role in how I feel.

• Upvote 1