*** College Football Game Day 12/31 *** - The playoffs begin

Beerfish

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Likely, but I think Cincinnati’s starting talent is on par with Bama and keep it close.

This opening drive is huge for Cincy, after getting pushed around so easily on Bama's opening drive, they needed to respond.  Even if they come away with 3, they have had a nice response.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Pierce was open on the one that got batted at that line and I think it shook Ridder a bit there. Threw the next one a mile high, then they defaulted to the screen-ish play that worked earlier. Someone has to be in Ridder’s ear chilling him out

The second one hit the receiver in two hands.  Pierce has to make that catch -- it was tough, but he had to help his QB out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Pierce was open on the one that got batted at that line and I think it shook Ridder a bit there. Threw the next one a mile high, then they defaulted to the screen-ish play that worked earlier. Someone has to be in Ridder’s ear chilling him out

Agreed.  The pressure is immense for these kids though, especially the ones who’ve never played in this type of game.  Hopefully next drive he settles down. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

The second one hit the receiver in two hands.  Pierce has to make that catch -- it was tough, but he had to help his QB out.

I’ve become a receiver apologist on plays like that. They turn around on a bang-bang play and the ball is four feet away from where they expected it to be, and thrown at high speeds. You have to be DeAndre Hopkins to nab that. It’s on the QB to get the ball near the bread basket, imo, hard though that may be.