Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I doubt they’re taking a wr with a torn acl.  I think they go one of two directions.  One, they take their favorite wr at 10 and move on.  Two, they go OL or DL at 10 and figure the wr they get in the 2nd won’t be much different from the guy they’d get at 10.

But what if they legitimately think Williams is easily the best WR? 

Plenty of guys come back from torn ACLs., so I think the long term risk is minimal. The big reason to not take a guy at 10 with a torn ACL is because you want to hit the ground running with your shiny new WR and not have to wait until week 8 to get him into the mix, but if you have a placeholder in Robinson . . . 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

But what if they legitimately think Williams is easily the best WR? 

Plenty of guys come back from torn ACLs., so I think the long term risk is minimal. The big reason to not take a guy at 10 with a torn ACL is because you want to hit the ground running with your shiny new WR and not have to wait until week 8 to get him into the mix, but if you have a placeholder in Robinson . . . 

If the jets take Jamison at 10 and then garrett wilson looks good in the first few weeks this board will go nuts.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

If the jets take Jamison at 10 and then garrett wilson looks good in the first few weeks this board will go nuts.

haha, for sure. 

But they will also go nuts a year or two from now if Williams is a star and the WR we pick in the second round (or at 10) is a JAG. 

Obviously, it all depends on how good these guys are. 

And I think you are right - I don't expect the Jets to invest the #10 overall pick in a guy with a torn ACL

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I hear you, and that may be the case, and I also rather draft Wilson, but you can’t build a team like this. Can’t worry about how things look, just gotta make the best decisions. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I think it's gonna be a WR and if I had to guess, here are the guys that could be in play, IMO (let me just say that I don't know sh*t about some of their contracts so cross out the ones that make no sense because of that):

Chase Claypool
Tyler Boyd
Marquise Brown
Brandin Cooks
Adam Thielen

Jerry Jeudy

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

He's been right on everything so far.

Something must be brewing.  

This sounds like a big trade with big money involved...

If the Jets trade for Matt Ryan, can you post a video or at least a wav file of your initial screaming jag?

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I think it's gonna be a WR and if I had to guess, here are the guys that could be in play, IMO (let me just say that I don't know sh*t about some of their contracts so cross out the ones that make no sense because of that):

Chase Claypool
Tyler Boyd
Marquise Brown
Brandin Cooks
Adam Thielen

not quite the level of WR id hope for in a trade but they are better than most of what we have now so..

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

? He just restructured his deal in NO. And they definitely aren't trading him if they land Watson, right?

They might need to acquire the draft capital to pull of the trade.

I still think it'll be WR and not a RB, but Kamara is a different animal entirely.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He's been right on everything so far.

Something must be brewing.  

This sounds like a big trade with big money involved...

Michael Thomas in New Orleans bears watching.  We can absorb that contract to facilitate a Watson trade.  

Davante Adams also bears watching, as does Danielle Hunter.  

• Upvote 2

If you’re the Dolphins and you have the cap space, assets, and the clear interest to make the trade for Deshaun, how do they not pick up the phone one more time and get that done? They clearly don’t give a sh*t about the charges because they were prepared to trade for him before the charges were even dropped.

• Upvote 1