Jets set to be dead last in dead cap

28 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm still in the unwavering 85%.   I still think we win 3 or 4 games this year, which puts JD's record at a lovely 10-40.  If that happens?  he's gone.

No he won’t be, but you can dream I guess?  And no matter how bad I think Zach Wilson is, this team is better than 3-4 wins.

16 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You're part of the group Jet ownership has banked on for decades.  I was there for quite a long time, too.  Started watching the team in '65.  Then I just got fed up with being fed the same b/s with the various GMs/HC changes.  The one thread throughout their mess--and which JD shares a part--is losing.   period.

Joe Douglas has nothing to do with the prior GM hires, and isn’t even here because of the Johnson’s.  

I despise the Johnsons like you.  I just don’t understand why you think Douglas is deserving of getting fired. 

3 hours ago, PS17 said:

It’s been said a ton since the draft. Regardless of how these picks turn out, the vision and execution of a coherent plan has been incredible to watch. Every Jets GM since I’ve started watching in the early 2000s has just been winging it. Not Joe. 

correct. the idea that they should clean house if zach isn't good i disagree with. I would keep JOE no matter what. He has executed the franchise reset perfectly. Not saying it was perfect, but the logic behind it all is there. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

True, but he drafted better than Maccagnan, at least.  He hit on some middle rounders.  

Gettleman is definitely in the top 5 of worst NFL GMs ever.  Maybe top 3.

Then by this logic In your estimation MacCagnan sits atop the leaderboard of the worst GMs of all time. Really can’t argue with that  In my opinion theWorst GMs are 

Mac

Matt Millen

Gettleman Honorable Mention Idzik 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  In fact I think it's probably closer to the opposite where maybe 85% of this board understood JD's plan - and were patient with it.  Some more grudgingly than others - yet still accepting. 

Many of us have been calling for a GM to finally do what JD has done.  To me,  his plan was clear from the moment he demanded a 6 year contract. 

Thankfully the clean up part is over - now we'll see if JD can build a winner - looks good so far but we'll know soon enough.

Even if Wilson doesn't become an above average starter in the NFL, Douglas still has my confidence. 

I believe he has been competent and did put us in a pretty good place roster wise. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No he won’t be, but you can dream I guess?  And no matter how bad I think Zach Wilson is, this team is better than 3-4 wins.

Zach Wilson not taking a leap, is not enough of a reason to fire Douglas. 

I would say it's exactly the inverse, the rest of the roster needs  to be above average - because if it's not, he's gone. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Credit where it's due to JD, he's certainly been much more cost effective at the Jets' sucking.

I think restructuring the whole roster and putting us in a position where there is plenty of young talent everywhere, is a bit more than just being cost effective. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I'm still in the unwavering 85%.   I still think we win 3 or 4 games this year, which puts JD's record at a lovely 10-40.  If that happens?  he's gone.

How in the world do you see the same or less wins as last year when the roster is better at pretty much every position group?