Who will have the better Passing Production season, Trubisky or Zach Wilson?

Who will have the more productive season as a passer?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the more productive season as a passer?

Simple question:  Which QB will have the more productive season as a passer in 2022?

Most yards, most passing TD's, best completion percentage, etc?

And why?

For clarity, this is heads up, no excuses.  If Trubisky gets replaced by Pickett week 2, Trubisky loses, lol.

Go.

Trubiksy's likely support:

WR:  Pickens, Claypool, Johnson, Austin III, Boykin or Olszewski
TE: Friermuth, Gentry, Hayward
RB: Harris, Snell Jr.

Zach's likely support:

WR:  Davis, Wilson, Moore, Berrios, Mims or Smith
TE: Uzomah, Conklin, Ruckert
RB:  Hall, Carter

Zach improves quite a bit this year because 

1.) Another year in system 

2.) Lots of talent on offense 

3.) GVR not on team anymore making o line that much better 

4.) Pickett will be starter by week ten when Pittsburgh is 3-6 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I didn't even need to @jgb on this one, lol.

To answer your question my money will eventually be on Trubisky to win CBPOTY so for me, this was an easy vote.

It’s a very subversive poll though of the kind I admire by comparing our guy to one who no one expects to finish the season as starter.

7 minutes ago, slats said:

The 28 year old with five years in the league should have the advantage. Big Ben was averaging over 600 attempts his last few years. If they continue with that same type of play calling, he’d probably finish the year with 200 more attempts than Zach, which is also handy when compiling numbers. The Jets were one of the worst rushing teams in the league last year, while this year looks poised to be much different. Pittsburgh was one of the few teams with fewer rushing yards than the Jets, and I have no idea if they plan to change anything. 

Seems like a pretty meaningless comparison but, by all means, have at it. As long as some sort of point is proven in your head. 

Trubisky is not even expected to finish the season as a starter. If #2 can’t crawl over that low bar… oopha toopha.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, slats said:

The 28 year old with five years in the league should have the advantage.

You mean the guy many people here called a sucky bust now on his third team with a universally worse supporting cast?

Vs. Our guy, a guy our Fans believed would be a elite stud with this killer young roster of talent?  

Other than maybe Harris, there isn't a single Steelers skill position player I'd take over our guy.

And the 28 year old might not even start the whole season.

Sad to see such lack of belief in Zach.

8 minutes ago, slats said:

Seems like a pretty meaningless comparison but, by all means, have at it. As long as some sort of point is proven in your head. 

It's a survey of the confidence the Fans have in Zach.

Clearly you're a vote in the "no confidence" column, based on your first comments.

But I'm actually quite pleased to see most voters so far expressing confidence in Zach.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Man, we’ve gone around in circles too many times.   I knew the names (other than @32EBoozer) before I clicked lol.  

Can’t wait to dissect practice Tweets in a few weeks!!  (I wish that was sarcastic lol) 

C6ADBE06-18B3-4587-BB93-B000204EF326.jpeg

Geniuses of a feather flock together 

I went Zach for 2 reasons. 1) I think qb's best friend (CJ) will be outstanding for Zach's growth on and off the field and 2) I like NYJ supporting cast better than Pitt.

If our D is middle of the pack this year... then I like Zach over mitch. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Is there a safer bet than picking against a Jets QB?  Lol 

I’m really happy you said that. So why the vitriol against those who play the odds? It’s like throwing a drink into someone’s face for splitting aces at the blackjack table.

18 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m in the “who gives a **** column,” but that wasn’t an option in the poll.

I can tell how little you care by all your replies.

If Trubisky holds onto the job and throws as often as Ben did, he’ll have more yards. And that doesn’t matter.

What makes you think Trubisky will throw as much as their now-gone HOF QB did?

Especially with a workhorse like Harris and a top draft pick waiting in the wings?

And it matters to me. You could always just skip the thread you know, since it doesn't matter. 

Zach vs. Lance would be a more interesting discussion

No one stopping you from making your own polls and threads.  

I want to see Zach perform well as part of a much better offense that demonstrates an ability to win football games.

We all do.

"Performing well" at QB in the NFL generally means passing for yards at a high completion rate, while throwing TD's and not throwing INT's. 

Performing well might also mean out-producing a bust on a weak team, and maybe, maybe even beating that bust head to head.

But I get it, you wouldn't want to set any actual expectations.  

The system they’re running isn’t designed to put up huge QB numbers but, who gives a crap about context, either, right? 

The Shanahan System isn't designed to produce in the passing game?  Lol, ok.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, freestater said:

Marc Lamont Hill Wtf GIF by Identity

I voted Zach myself.

If Zach, in the better situation with better talent around him, can't beat Trubs?  Wow.

The Steelers should by all accounts be pretty horrible this year.  Harris is about the only worthwhile tool on that Offense.

I may have my doubts in Zach, but I think he'll be better than Trubs this year.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I voted Zach myself.

If Zach, in the better situation with better talent around him, can't beat Trubs?  Wow.

The Steelers should by all accounts be pretty horrible this year.  Harris is about the only worthwhile tool on that Offense.

I may have my doubts in Zach, but I think he'll be better than Trubs this year.

My heart is with you but not my money. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Biggest issue trubisky has is that he might get benched at the first sign of trouble 

Steelers best run team in the NFL showing everyone else how it’s done. Get a vet with upside in FA and draft a guy. QB way too important to go “all eggs in one basket.” Notice Steelers also not concerned with mollycoddling or “preserving the confidence” of a young QB. An NFL team drafted you in the first round and gave you millions of dollars — who the hell needs more of a confidence boost than that?

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

No, you need to explain it to yourself, actually. I’m cool.

Ok.

You sometimes relish in rookie failures and you were dug in on the #2 pick having zero positive traits.   You wouldn’t even cede that Zach was elusive.  All the NFL QBs could make the same throws he could, etc…. Gaslighting was part of that denile of any positive trait… 

I could go on.   Probably another paragraph that long if it would help.  

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Ok.

You sometimes relish in rookie failures and you were dug in on the #2 pick having zero positive traits.   You wouldn’t even cede that Zach was elusive.  All the NFL QBs could make the same throws he could, etc…. Gaslighting was part of that denile of any positive trait… 

I could go on.   Probably another paragraph that long if it would help.  

I’ve been a fan of the jets for over 40 years. I relish nothing. But I also — and perhaps this is an old fashioned mentality — really value the truth.

No need to refute point-by-point your other misstatements filled with absolutes that are simply false.

32 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’ve been a fan of the jets for over 40 years. I relish nothing. But I also — and perhaps this is an old fashioned mentality — really value the truth.

No need to refute point-by-point your other misstatements filled with absolutes that are simply false.

I can find you posts on all of them that led to those views (and you would say it’s nothing) but who cares?  Basically good discussions lately.  But you asked lol.  

Im watching a good YouTube discussion between a Rob Guerra a 9ers guy and Sylvia Roberts.  The 9ers guy says he heard Kyle Shanahan would have picked Zach Wilson #1 and they loved him.  You think lots of things are “truths” that are opinions.  Lots of smart football people think Wilson can be special but you reject it as an attack on truth.  

• Haha 1