Your top five disliked Jets of all time

CSNY

On 7/20/2022 at 8:05 AM, CSNY said:

Since there is a thread about our top five all time favorite Jets how about one of the most disliked Mine are 

Greg Buttle: Arrogant, obnoxious buffoon who thought he was Gods gift 

Chris Ward: Much ballyhooed first round offensive tackle from Ohio State that was a holding penalty waiting to happen 

Russel Carter: Another first round bust who even in his prime still wouldn’t be able to cover me and I am pushing 64 

Dave Cadigan: Roided up offensive guard who offered any QB as much protection as a screen door in a hurricane 

Johnny “Lam” Jones: Guy couldn’t catch a cold. Dam was he horrible 

nice old school list. I salute you sir!

6 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I didn't like BP for the same reason I didn't like Jason Taylor.  Bringing in a legendary non-Jet to be out "savior"  will never fly for me.   

I’d’ve liked him a lot better if he’d finished the job, rather than leaving it in Al ****in’ Groh’s hands. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Can someone explain the hate (or possible dislike) for Chad Pennington? I've always considered him a solid dude. Not arguing, just curious.

Couldnt win a game he wasn't supposed to win. Just knew the whole time it was going to be impossible to win with him and his lack of arm. The Jets offense needed everything to be perfect to score points. When they played an aggressive man team Pennington fell apart. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

lol, you actually have BP as the most hated?   Not sure how old you are but  BP gave this team credibility after a decade of ineptitude and was 30 minutes and a few ill timed fumbles from the super bowl.   The next year the NYJ, yes the NYJ were the favorites to win the afc before Vinny blew out his Achilles in the jetsiest moment of all time.   BP didn’t set the team back, he was the savior.   

Bill Parcells was one of the worst things to happen to this franchise in its entire history.  I won’t go through the list of things he and his ego did to cripple this team for decades after he left. I’ve already done it plenty of times. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Bill Parcells was one of the worst things to happen to this franchise in its entire history.  I won’t go through the list of things he and his ego did to cripple this team for decades after he left. I’ve already done it plenty of times. 

Decades? lol Woody buying the team has been a bit more crippling than Parcells signing a few players in 2000.

• Sympathy 1

On 7/20/2022 at 9:26 AM, FidelioJet said:

Darrelle Revis and there's not a close second.

I gave you post of the week. Revis was fantastic on his first run here. Rex and Tanny driving to that dinner to meet his agent during TC as Revis held out was a pain we kinda understood.....he was a fantastic DB being paid peanuts. Plus his Uncle was whispering in his ear to hold out. But when he was finally in the fold, wow!

But my anger is over his 2nd stint here (2015), when he was fat, slow, and didn't seem to care. I was at that last game in Buffalo (we already had 10 wins but needed one more to make the POs). What a magical season. The Beard was having his best season ever. Decker and Marshall were setting NY Jets records, each grabbing over 100 balls and over 1000 yards. Maniac Chris Ivory's dreads were flying all over the place as he ran DBs and Linebackers over. We had 10 wins, just needed one more to take the AFCE and return to the POs.

Our opponent that last game of the season? The lowly Buffalo Bills. QB Tyrod Taylor had Sammy Watkins to throw to, but with the Jets having Darrell Revis, Sammy would be toast. The Jets should win the game easily and return to their rightful place atop the AFCE.

But then the game happened. I was 5 rows back behind the Bills bench. What a fn joke. Revis played AT LEAST 10 yards back, many times 15 yards back, giving Watkins the LOS and the first 10 yards. Tyrod threw 5-10 yards slants/outs to Sammy all game long. He had like 30 completions right in front of Revis, who never broke up a single play. How could he? He was so fat and slow he knew he had to play back 15 yards to protect from getting beat deep.

And Defensive Genius Todd Bowles made ZERO changes anywhere during the game. 2nd verse, same as the fisrt....little bit louder, little bit worse. He left Reivs alone, too fat and too slow.

We lost the game, and the rest is history.

Fat and Slow Revis is at the top of my list. But with huge bags of Jets money already in the bank, he could not have cared less.

On a side note, we cut Revis after the 2016 season, the same season we signed a skinny walk-on named Robby Anderson. Out with old and slow, in with the skinny and fast!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

lol, you actually have BP as the most hated?   Not sure how old you are but  BP gave this team credibility after a decade of ineptitude and was 30 minutes and a few ill timed fumbles from the super bowl.   The next year the NYJ, yes the NYJ were the favorites to win the afc before Vinny blew out his Achilles in the jetsiest moment of all time.   BP didn’t set the team back, he was the savior.   

Read my post. He kept us from Peyton Manning and keeping Bellicheck. It truly set us back a long way. And I've been a fan since Namath. Just think about that for a second - he kept us from being great for a long time because of his pride AND he never liked the franchise. It's like saying, well, you had a nice pint of ice cream so you should be happy, even though it kept you from owning Ben & Jerry's. Sorry - it's hot here. :) 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Decades? lol Woody buying the team has been a bit more crippling than Parcells signing a few players in 2000.

Signing a few players? That's a laugh. How many years has Belichick been running things for the Pats instead of the Jets? How long did Manning play for the Colts and Broncos instead of the Jets? How many years did Terry Bradway and Mike Tannenbaum, Parcells's guys, bless us with their GM wisdom after Parcells left?

Edit: And let's not forget Orlando Pace. How long was his Hall of Fame career out of a Jets uniform?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Read my post. He kept us from Peyton Manning and keeping Bellicheck. It truly set us back a long way. And I've been a fan since Namath. Just think about that for a second - he kept us from being great for a long time because of his pride AND he never liked the franchise. It's like saying, well, you had a nice pint of ice cream so you should be happy, even though it kept you from owning Ben & Jerry's. Sorry - it's hot here. :) 

In fairness he kept us from Manning, only because him being him was in the unique position to get him.    Archie was going to allow Peyton come out early only if BP would promise to take him.  BP didn't want to break in a rookie QB - he didn't plan on being here that long.

So yes, Parcel's did what was best for him - and not the long term best interest of the franchise...but if it wasn't for him - we wouldn't have had a shot at Peyton anyway.

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2022 at 10:11 AM, PS17 said:

Jamal Adams. He’s the only player I have viscerally hated in my Jets-rooting life. Phony ass bitch. 

Good choice.

Eric Barton, total POS human being off the field, and a 15 yard penalty waiting to happen on it.