Your top five disliked Jets of all time

CSNY

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

As many have mentioned, the answer is Jason Taylor.  There isnt a close second.  As much as I love Rex Ryan, I will never forgive him for bringing that POS to this team.

other honorable mentions:

- Brandon Marshall - arguably the worst teammate to ever where Green and White.  Just an absolute toxic cancer of a player.  He ruined what could have been a decent little run here.  Just an absolute turd of a teammate who actively destroyed an entire regime.  Bowles and Comp. never recovered from his carnage.

- Darrelle Revis - just an unlikable POS who used the Jets dirty rag.  Watching him retire on the field was embarrassing.  Straight sham of a player.

- Brett Favre - another turd of a human.  Just an absolute POS.  I appreciate him riding the Jets of Chadwick but he's a terrible person who embarrassed and used the Jets.

Mark Gastineau - a$$hole of a human.  Not a single redeeming quality.  Just a **** skull.

Some pretty terrible takes.

Idea that Marshall (best offensive player that team had) was the reason that run was derailed is hilarious. That regime failed because they couldn't draft to save their lives.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Since there is a thread about our top five all time favorite Jets how about one of the most disliked Mine are 

Greg Buttle: Arrogant, obnoxious buffoon who thought he was Gods gift 

Chris Ward: Much ballyhooed first round offensive tackle from Ohio State that was a holding penalty waiting to happen 

Russel Carter: Another first round bust who even in his prime still wouldn’t be able to cover me and I am pushing 64 

Dave Cadigan: Roided up offensive guard who offered any QB as much protection as a screen door in a hurricane 

Johnny “Lam” Jones: Guy couldn’t catch a cold. Dam was he horrible 

Wow so many posters with so many different hates. @CSNY please expanded the thread to top 500 disliked Jets of all time.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Some pretty terrible takes.

Idea that Marshall (best offensive player that team had) was the reason that run was derailed is hilarious. That regime failed because they couldn't draft to save their lives.

I'm sorry you feel that way but Brandon Marshall was a pure cancer and actively destroyed that entire team.  Mac's drafting problems were not an issue year 1 when he was the Executive of the Year and they won 10 games in Bowles first season.  The team was veteran led and set up for another similar run until Brandon Marshal poured gasoline in the locker-room and then lit the match and farted on it.

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

image.jpeg.2490998edab097671b1b7b14e42d813e.jpeg

Good call.

Absolutely not Tebow's fault, but I despised them bringing him in and everything about his tenure here.  Perhaps the worst case of 'clown show' this franchise has ever intentionally committed.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

Jason Taylor will always be on any such list for me, always.  

The only slim silver lining to losing the AFCCG was that Jason Taylor never went to a Super Bowl.

I generally focus my dislike on coaches and ownership but in addition to Taylor and Jamal Adams:

Carl Howard (his PI vs CLE in 86 still haunts me).

Dave Meggett (for the 98 AFCCG, never trust a Giant wearing green).

Neil O'Donnell 

Bart Scott (Can't Wait to not show up the next week and played the rest of his career on rollerskates despite having the biggest mouth).

• Upvote 1

Dave Meggett - wife beater.

Chris Herdon was lucky to have not killed someone.

Dylan Donahue - drove drunk wrong way through Lincoln Tunnel and hit a bus with 15 people on board, also lucky to have not killed someone.

Geno for being an entitled douche who couldn’t back it up on the field. Oh, and he’s a liar, too.

Otis Smith — don’t hate but hated watching him play - he will always be in my mind whenever I burn toast.

DISHONORABLE MENTION:

Vick would be on the list if he played more for the Jets but I don’t really consider him a Jet. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Good call.

Absolutely not Tebow's fault, but I despised them bringing him in and everything about his tenure here.  Perhaps the worst case of 'clown show' this franchise has ever intentionally committed.

Let’s be honest.  This franchise has not recovered from the Tebow debacle

From that day on it became clear Woody was the de facto GM.   Since that day we have had zero playoff appearances, one season with a winning record, one .500 season, 4 head coaches, 20 bust first and second round picks and 38 starting quarterbacks to go along with the league’s worst win loss record

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Let’s be honest.  This franchise has not recovered from the Tebow debacle

From that day on it became clear Woody was the de facto GM.   Since that day we have had zero playoff appearances, one season with a winning record, one .500 season, 4 head coaches, 20 bust first and second round picks and 38 starting quarterbacks to go along with the league’s worst win loss record

It was a bad football move but correlation doesn’t equal causation. There are plenty of bad decisions that led us to where we are today.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

It was a bad football move but correlation doesn’t equal causation. There are plenty of bad decisions that led us to where we are today.

It was a symptom of a much bigger and more complex problem this franchise still has to this day

An owner forcing the coach and GM to bring the circus to town with that guy was a huge red flag.  Bradway and Rex wanted to draft Russell Wilson.  Instead we traded for Tebow and drafted Stephen Hill

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

It was a symptom of a much bigger and more complex problem this franchise still has to this day

An owner forcing the coach and GM to bring the circus to town with that guy was a huge red flag.  Bradway and Rex wanted to draft Russell Wilson.  Instead we traded for Tebow and drafted Stephen Hill

Bradway apparently did want Russ (never heard that Rex did but I’ll take your word for it). However, it is suspicious when a guy who tried — and failed — to find a QB for years suddenly claims after he no longer controls the selection that he wanted a guy after that guy had already succeeded.

It’s easy to “pound the table” for a guy when someone else has to sign his name to the draft card. For all we know, Bradway also “pounded the table” for a bunch of bums in his advisory role. Given his track record as GM, the Jets can certainly be forgiven for not drafting a player on the basis of Bradway’s enthusiasm.

I will judge Bradway for what he did — and didn’t do — when it was his show.

• Upvote 2

Number one with a bullet:

Chad "I can throw dez duckz" Pennington

2 - Lou Holtz - at time when it was easy to make fun of the Jets, he made it even easier.

3 - Geno Smith/Ryan Fitzpatrick - waste of time and energy.

4 - Justin McDroppins

5 - Me$hawn Johnson

1. Mike "Dogkiller" Vick.  F' him.  Now and forever.  The only Jet player I truly hate.

2. Revis.  Don't begrudge his desire for more money, but he cost his team repeatedly because of it with his holdouts.

3. Adams.  One of the most over-rated Jets in our history.

4. Gastineau.  Another Namath-wannabe hollywood primadonna who thought he was more important that the team, cost us a title shot.

5. Bill Parcells and Bill Bellichek.  The most over-rated Jets Coach ever (a one-year wonder with us), and the backstabbing bastard that Parcells literally mismanaged right to our rival, helping create that dynasty.  Parcells was no more "transformative" than any decent coach who takes over a 1 win team, lol.

6. Joe Namath.  Set the stage for all the Jets later Namath-Hollywood-Club-Life wanna be's, and whatever deal he made with Satan to win Super Bowl III continues to haunt us to this very day. (I don't really hate Namath, lol, but man, he really must've made a pact with the devil....).

15 minutes ago, peebag said:

Number one with a bullet:

Chad "I can throw dez duckz" Pennington

2 - Lou Holtz - at time when it was easy to make fun of the Jets, he made it even easier.

3 - Geno Smith/Ryan Fitzpatrick - waste of time and energy.

4 - Justin McDroppins

5 - Me$hawn Johnson

Fight songs at half time - and surprisingly it did not work.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Jason Taylor will always be on any such list for me, always.  

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I don't think I've despised a player more.  Even when he was with us, I wanted the prick to fail.  Hated Taylor on the Jets more than Clemens on the Yanks.

Only reason he probably doesn't make my list is because I like to imagine we're living in the Universe where Taylor did NOT play for the Jets.  I don't even want to acknowledge that he was here.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

Nice thread - I will make it easy

Jason Taylor, Jason Taylor, Jason Taylor, Jason Taylor, Jason Taylor.

Ok seriously,

Jason Taylor

Dave Cadigan

Trumaine Johnson

Not sure I have a 4 or 5 but would put Michael Vick in the list because I am a dog person and I could never get over what he did although I do respect that he owned it and did his time - still can get past it though.

Honorable mention to Braxton Berrios but only because I am trying to drag Bornjets into this. 

Ooh, Dave Cadigan.  That's a bit of a deep cut sir!

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only reason he probably doesn't make my list is because I like to imagine we're living in the Universe where Taylor did NOT play for the Jets.  I don't even want to acknowledge that he was here.  

Can I do that with the last 6 starting Jets QBs?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

This is a question that should date each of us.... ? 

In no particular order:

Neil O'Donnell. Dude was trash, overpaid, and worthless. The only day I didn't hate him was opening week 1997, when he bombed on Seattle

Rick Mirer: That Parcells stuck with the hump as long as he did is mind blowing. Literally unable to throw to the left side of the field. 

Geno Smith: one of the most unlikable people the Jets have ever drafted from day 1. An attitude clearly shared by his teammates.

Jason Taylor: Dolphin legend. Had no business in green and white. His mouth during the Monday Night Miracle and then the his tears later were unforgettable.  

Mike Vick. **** that guy. 

So many Honorable Mentions:

Prez

Derrick Mason

Mo Wilkerson 

Chuma Edoga

Santonio

Kyle Wilson

Keith Byars

Van Rotten

To name a few...

• Upvote 1