Zach Wilson: "Could Be Ready for Week 1"

17 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

ZW is a kid, like literally still a child.  Debating his future on a website is foolish.  He either will or he won’t this year but either way the team as a whole is much better than it was a year ago and still not all the way there.    If Zach isn’t the answer then we’ll find someone else next year but the endless ZW debates will hopefully slow down when the season actually starts 

Good point  but He is not literally a child.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Find that quote yet? Despite me giving you 10-to-1 odds? 

You’ve been exposed as someone who has to lie about what others said in order to have a chance in a debate.

You are saying you did not deny Zach did anything well?  And you would downvote anything including a simple statement “Zach is elusive”? 

1 minute ago, Hal N of Provo said:

You are saying you did not deny Zach did anything well?  And you would downvote anything including a simple statement “Zach is elusive”? 

Nice goal post movement attempt but I'm on you now. You ain't gonna weasel out of this one. Now go get your shinebox and find that quote. Or apologize for misrepresenting my position yet again.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Find that quote yet? Despite me giving you 10-to-1 odds? 

You’ve been exposed as someone who has to lie about what others said in order to have a chance in a debate.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Nice goal post movement attempt but I'm on you now. You ain't gonna weasel out of this one. Now go get your shinebox and find that quote. Or apologize for misrepresenting my position yet again.

you are captain moving goal post - why would I waste my time looking for it.  

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Oh then let's throw it all away and make all our decisions based on "the eye test." Someone tell the architects and engineers.

Haha.  I am an engineer.  Everything in context.  

Football statistics to win arguments that are essentially opinions is weak.

7 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

you are captain moving goal post - why would I waste my time looking for it.  

Wow a shock. Because you couldn't find it, since it doesn't exist. 

Now search "elusive" under your name to see how many times you've been hammering on this non-existent point for like 9 months. I've denied it like 10 times and you keep coming. Now that's trolling. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson played against three of the worst defenses in football last season: Falcons, Jags, and Texans. His stats in those games:

ATL- 19 of 32, 192 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT

HOU— 14 of 24, 145 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT

JAGS—14 of 22, 102 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT

I know.  Like I said, he definitely needs to have more games like Tennessee and Tampa; I’m certainly not disputing that.  I’m just saying, in my opinion, the Tennessee game was more impressive than Darnold’s Green Bay game when discussing their “signature” rookie performances.  When discussing Sam, I usually use this same argument to mention how I don’t even think the Green Bay game is Sam’s best game from that year.  The 2018 game against Houston is the first game I think of.

Minor nitpick though:  I’d include total yards instead of just passing yards as, and we’ve discussed this recently, that Jacksonville game in particular saw Zach use his legs a good amount and would put him at about ~200 yards and two scores.  Not world beating numbers, but certainly better and I believe it’s important for context.  Even the mediocre performance against Houston looks better when you include the nice little TD run he had.

• Upvote 3

EA74DE7B-F244-40B7-BFFC-EB309068A7AD.thumb.jpeg.29e3a245be6adac9f96ba10f3e826bb3.jpeg

@jgb and @Jetsfan80

Fine.   I’m looking a little   

Don’t hold your breath for that apology and your claim I’m a liar is a mistake base on the above already.

I won’t call you a liar based on this post above but if you want to double down again I know I can keep looking for one that will change that.  You are backing off an earlier claim a little here in this post.  

It’s an old argument but you called me a liar.  You want to let that go or do you want me to find stuff? 

17 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

EA74DE7B-F244-40B7-BFFC-EB309068A7AD.thumb.jpeg.29e3a245be6adac9f96ba10f3e826bb3.jpeg

@jgb and @Jetsfan80

Fine.   I’m looking a little   

Don’t hold your breath for that apology and your claim I’m a liar is a mistake base on the above already.

I won’t call you a liar based on this post above but if you want to double down again I know I can keep looking for one that will change that.  You are backing off an earlier claim a little here in this post.  

It’s an old argument but you called me a liar.  You want to let that go or do you want me to find stuff? 

Ok you’re not a liar you’re a peddler in untruths.

Even your smoking gun quote I explicitly say I didn’t say he was good at nothing.

Usually a mea culpa would be in order since you’ve been hammering a baloney point for 9 months with me correcting you time and time again. Which is the definition of “trolling” FYI — and not in the “I don’t like your opinions” BS way it’s bandied about here.

Zach Wilson played against three of the worst defenses in football last season: Falcons, Jags, and Texans. His stats in those games:
ATL- 19 of 32, 192 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT
HOU— 14 of 24, 145 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT
JAGS—14 of 22, 102 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT

We won 2 of those games. The Atlanta game our defense couldn’t stop Matt Ryan. Not that hard to play defense when you get an early lead

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ok you’re not a liar your a mistruth teller.

Even your smoking gun quote I explicitly say I didn’t say he was good at nothing.

Usually a mega culpa would be in order since you e been hammering a balcony point for 9 months. Which is the definition of “trolling” FYI — and not the “I don’t like your opinions” BS way it’s bandied about here.

Lol.   You are a liar if say you can’t see what you are saying there.  That’s not all there is either.   I can find more but are mr moving goalpost.  

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ok you’re not a liar your a mistruth teller.

Usually a mega culpa would be in order since you e been hammering a balcony point for 9 months. Which is the definition of “trolling” FYI — and not the “I don’t like your opinions” BS way it’s bandied about here.

If I find you saying it more explicitly, want to give up your signature for a month?  

You are also denying saying Zach isn’t elusive? 

11 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

If I find you saying it more explicitly, want to give up your signature for a month?  

You are also denying saying Zach isn’t elusive? 

I’ve repeated today on this thread that I don’t think he’s especially elusive. Jesus Christ you responded to that post. I deny saying he has “no positive traits,” which you’ve now said for 9 months I said but can’t find any evidence of and, in fact, you found evidence directly contradicting your point but just cannot say “oops my bad” and move on.