Mike White Sucks — Crowd, Take Note Tonight

Smashmouth

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s always good practice to play the better option if the starter is injured.  No matter what happens on Sunday there’s no need to revisit this.  
winning one game, ever doesn’t prove he can get it done.  No matter how many times you repeat it.  It’s a cool story of the dream you’re experiencing.  Kind of exactly the same dream we lived with Ratliff, Simms, etc.  white doesn’t become any better because you saw some backups mixed in with Giants starters.  As if White started and played the same group you just know he would have lit it up.  
This has nothing to do with ZW.  Other than you want to use him as the excuse here and you hate him so much you actually believe there’s a chance MW could start over him.

Its nothing like those other QB's at all not even close because White played well as a starter in real NFL games not the preseason.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Is this one of those things that where you feel like if you say it enough it'll make it true?

Jesus... Fidelio it is true, Zach has not played good football and its obvious. This has nothing to do with the future it just has to do with our Rookie QB putting up the worst numbers in the NFL its the one thing that really can't be argued. 

Zachs future is where the argument lies and I happen to feel he can get it done, he has the talent, the only question at this stage is does he have it upstairs . Obviously I'm all for Zach just tearing it up and making this entire debate a moot point but as of right now the question is does Flacco start over Mike White ?? I happen to think Flacco starting is Stupid on just about every level. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

if you bothered to read the thread which you obviously did not you would see  that @Sperm Edwards changed the thread title so ask him to translate. 

My original thread title was..... addressed to the "Mike White Sucks Crowd" so I'm addressing the people on this forum who actually said Mike White Sucks because of the bad game vs the Bills last year . I asked them to take note of the Bills / Rams game last night and how Stafford a SB winning QB was getting destroyed by a Bills defense that routinely destroys QB's was a big reason why Mike White did not have a good game vs the Bills simply because no one does. 

If Chris Streveler had the 2nd/3rd QB practice reps that White had over the past few yrs, he'd be QB 2/3 at this point IMO.  

• Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Its nothing like those other QB's at all not even close because White played well as a starter in real NFL games not the preseason.

White played well in a game.  One game.  Yes he did.  Just as he played like ass In another and got injured in a 3rd.  You do realize the list of QBs who have had one game careers and then go back to backup is long.  The reason he’s the 3rd QB is the CS who sees every practice doesn’t think he’s the better option.  The idea that a staff, who’s livelihood is tied to performance would start the lesser of 2 QBs is puzzling.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Jesus... Fidelio it is true, Zach has not played good football and its obvious. This has nothing to do with the future it just has to do with our Rookie QB putting up the worst numbers in the NFL its the one thing that really can't be argued. 

Zachs future is where the argument lies and I happen to feel he can get it done, he has the talent, the only question at this stage is does he have it upstairs . Obviously I'm all for Zach just tearing it up and making this entire debate a moot point but as of right now the question is does Flacco start over Mike White ?? I happen to think Flacco starting is Stupid on just about every level. 

Zach hasn't mostly been good.  Ii'm not saying otherwise.

But the other guys sucked too.  That's what I'm talking about.  Other than the bengals games, the other three were bad.

There's this fallacy around here - which is repeated over and over again as fact - that this offense looked great without Wilson.  We really should stop perpetuating that nonsense.  

I apologize, but I've repeated this a few times lately but it's relevant.

They were 1-3 (33% winning) Wilson - 3 -9 (33% winning)

1. Josh Johnson was absolutely awful early in that game - he was down 37 points in the 4th quarter before he put up stats...
  2. Mike White's Bill's game - we know about that one
  3. The Flacco game - come on man, he didn't even really make an attempt to win.  He was just killing time.  I can't count how many 3rd and longs he took the 3 yard dump off. 

Stats might look better but I actually watched the games, and I'm sure you did too.  So it just seems you're being insincere when you say the all looked good except Wilson.  To repeat, I'm not saying Wilson was good - it's just the others weren't too.

I have to be honest, this is all so damn frustrating that Wilson isn't playing this week so we can start talking about something new :-)

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

ZW was a rookie QB learning the NFL game.  
You make it sound like what you saw was the finished product so he should be replaced by a QB who has one game to his 3 year resume.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2022 at 10:45 PM, Smashmouth said:

Bills destroying yet another QB but not just any QB the reigning SB winning QB. 

Look on the bright side we have Joe Flacco !!!

Knuckle Heads

So beating up on a superbowl hungover team with missing OL and Stafford with a bum arm that probably needs surgery is your comp.... I beg for you to do better... 

Rams are in trouble this year... If you follow the news Stafford is in bad shape and he literally was throwing lame ducks... 

But please continue

• Thumb Down 1

On 9/8/2022 at 10:55 PM, Smashmouth said:

And we should talk about it because it dreadfully stupid on the Jets part to just push Mike White aside 

It’s really mystifying why the morons would play the QB who has the most experience, has the best arm and apparently had the best summer of all the remaining QBs.  
That would be dreadfully stupid.  LOL

9 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

So beating up on a superbowl hungover team with missing OL and Stafford with a bum arm that probably needs surgery is your comp.... I beg for you to do better... 

Rams are in trouble this year... If you follow the news Stafford is in bad shape and he literally was throwing lame ducks... 

But please continue

Somehow Stafford and the Rams struggling against the Bills D makes White the better choice at QB.   
I’m not following the logic that’s been thrown out there.  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

White played well in a game.  One game.  Yes he did.  Just as he played like ass In another and got injured in a 3rd.  You do realize the list of QBs who have had one game careers and then go back to backup is long.  The reason he’s the 3rd QB is the CS who sees every practice doesn’t think he’s the better option.  The idea that a staff, who’s livelihood is tied to performance would start the lesser of 2 QBs is puzzling.  

Is it a bad thing to be injury prone as a quarterback? Asking for a twinkie-soft friend from Utah.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s really mystifying why the morons would play the QB who has the most experience, has the best arm and apparently had the best summer of all the remaining QBs.  
That would be dreadfully stupid.  LOL

Technically, Flacco had the best summer of every QB. If we’re just counting preseason action, the best QB was Streveler, then White, then Flacco, and Zach should have been cut.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Joe Douglas is a bad GM and Saleh is a bad coach.

Making dumb choices for them isn't puzzling, it's the standard.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach hasn't mostly been good.  Ii'm not saying otherwise.

But the other guys sucked too.  That's what I'm talking about.  Other than the bengals games, the other three were bad.

There's this fallacy around here - which is repeated over and over again as fact - that this offense looked great without Wilson.  We really should stop perpetuating that nonsense.  

I apologize, but I've repeated this a few times lately but it's relevant.

They were 1-3 (33% winning) Wilson - 3 -9 (33% winning)

1. Josh Johnson was absolutely awful early in that game - he was down 37 points in the 4th quarter before he put up stats...
  2. Mike White's Bill's game - we know about that one
  3. The Flacco game - come on man, he didn't even really make an attempt to win.  He was just killing time.  I can't count how many 3rd and longs he took the 3 yard dump off. 

Stats might look better but I actually watched the games, and I'm sure you did too.  So it just seems you're being insincere when you say the all looked good except Wilson.  To repeat, I'm not saying Wilson was good - it's just the others weren't too.

I have to be honest, this is all so damn frustrating that Wilson isn't playing this week so we can start talking about something new :-)

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

ZW was a rookie QB learning the NFL game.  
You make it sound like what you saw was the finished product so he should be replaced by a QB who has one game to his 3 year resume.  

Let me explain something to both of  you, this was not just about 1 game for Mike White this was about the game vs the Bengals who at the time were a top 5 defense in the NFL and playing lights out.

Then it was about the Colts game where Mike White drove the Jets up the field only to sustain a temporary nerve injury in his arm..... freak thing but all indications were he was moving the team very well and picking up exactly where he left off.

Versus the Bills He was driving the team up the field going for the potential tie down 10-3 when good old reliable Corey Davis fumbled after a 20 yard dart hit him in the chest which he promptly fumbled while the Jets were driving to tie the score which turned out to be the turning point of that game since the Bills marched down the field to end the half then scored on the first second half possession to make the score 24-3 rather than a possible 10-6 score or a 10-10 score or at worst still 10-3. At that stage it made our team one dimensional and forced Mike White into the teeth of that Bills defense. He forced things and it should have been chalked up to a learning experience to a QB who was only in his 3rd game of his NFL career yet for Jets fans somehow that translated into Mike White Sucks and that's what pisses me off the same way it pisses you guys off about Zach.

Go ahead and disprove anything I've said here. I'm not saying Mike White is better than Zach yet he has played better. Its obvious Zach has more potential no one should be arguing that but Zach has still yet to prove that and it seems Jets fans are ALWAYS waiting for that player with a high ceiling Like Sanchez, Darnold, Geno, Zach to emerge. Every one of those guys had physical talent yet not one of them proved they could mentally handle the position. Obviously the book is still out on Zach on whether or not he can grasp the mental aspect so that remains to be seen.

I'm just tired of people making up sh*t about Mike White that's just absolutely false and I'm also not happy he really did not get a fair shake because in the grand scheme of things Joe Flacco is NOT a west coat offense QB Mike White has done a very good job running this offense and he continued that this preseason .

For those of you calling dink and dunk passing game you really should look up how the west coast offense was designed and the best team ever that ran it was by its founder Bill Walsh and that team was dink and dunk with a stout running game and a stable of RB's able to catch the ball. So if your using MW as dink and dunk you really should get used to it because that's exactly how this offense is designed. if you don't like that style you gripe is with LaFleur and the foundation of how this offense is run not Mike White. If you think Zach is going to come in and start slinging bombs all over the field before establishing what this offense is a bout you are in for a rude awakening.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 TDs vs. 8 INTs.  Even if you fudge it a bit because of a bad play by a WR here or there, that isn't a good look.  Combine that with limited upside and I'm just not excited to see White starting.  Even in the now-infamous CIN game, he still had 2 INTs.  Also, based on his 5 rushes for -1 yards, he's not offering much more in the way of mobility than Flacco (who had 2 rushes for +3 yards).  Flacco, for all the flak he takes here, had 3 TDs and 0 INTs last year.  

I'm not saying he can't win games for us, but in fairness, there's a lot to be skeptical about here.  I'm not seeing Kurt Warner here.

14 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Is this one of those things that where you feel like if you say it enough it'll make it true?

Actually that should be applied to what you guys say about Zach Im just stating fact when I say Zach has not played well up to this stage in his career and is coming off his second knee injury in 2 years once missing 4 weeks now currently pushing 8 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

5 TDs vs. 8 INTs.  Even if you fudge it a bit because of a bad play by a WR here or there, that isn't a good look.  Combine that with limited upside and I'm just not excited to see White starting.  Even in the now-infamous CIN game, he still had 2 INTs.  Also, based on his 5 rushes for -1 yards, he's not offering much more in the way of mobility than Flacco (who had 2 rushes for +3 yards).  Flacco, for all the flak he takes here, had 3 TDs and 0 INTs last year.  

I'm not saying he can't win games for us, but in fairness, there's a lot to be skeptical about here.  I'm not seeing Kurt Warner here.

everything you say here has merit but the guy only had 3 starts so why does the learning curve of the NFL not apply to him ?? I mean the only reason Zach gets more chances is obviously because of his draft status and upside by while Zach is injured I think MW runs this offense way better than Flacco who is in no way a WCO QB he is actually the least capable WCO QB on the team.

No one is saying MW has more upside than Zach and no one is comparing him to Kurt Warner grocery bagger. 

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Colts game where Mike White drove the Jets

Mike White didn't even play a quarter in this game.  Stop.  

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Versus the Bills He was driving the team up the field

This was an all-time bad performance.  He literally had to be pulled from the game for being so bad.  I don't care if he had an almost good drive.  That's what you're sticking to here.  One ALMOST good drive - shows he's a good QB.

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

For those of you calling dink and dunk passing game you really should look up how the west coast offense was designed and the best team ever that ran it was by its founder Bill Walsh

Actually this is incorrect.  

There has to be a threat to push the ball downfield for this offense to work.  It's not ONLY dink and dunk.  The problem with Mike White is that's all he is.  

Teams allow him to take the small sh*t until they get a stop or two and now he's in third and long and he gets picked off..or has close to no chance or a completion.  So stats might look okay, but scoring is scarce.  You don't win with stats, you win with scoring points.  With Mike White, the bend don't break philosophy is the way defense know how to play him now...and that's why he's a 5th year, 3rd string QB.  Coaches that have seen him know it.  Not to take anything away from the Bengals game - but he clearly caught them off guard and fully took advantage of the situation. But he's been figured out.  The Jets coaches know this now, which is why he's 3rd on the depth chart.  Flacco is the better QB.

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Mike White that's just absolutely false and I'm also not happy he really did not get a fair shake because

Fair Shake? What does that even mean?  The Jets have him 3rd on the depth chart out of malice?

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Actually that should be applied to what you guys say about Zach Im just stating fact when I say Zach has not played well up to this stage in his career and is coming off his second knee injury in 2 years once missing 4 weeks now currently pushing 8 weeks. 

What have I said about Zach that isn't true?

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

everything you say here has merit but the guy only had 3 starts so why does the learning curve of the NFL not apply to him ?? I mean the only reason Zach gets more chances is obviously because of his draft status and upside by while Zach is injured I think MW runs this offense way better than Flacco who is in no way a WCO QB he is actually the least capable WCO QB on the team.

No one is saying MW has more upside than Zach and no one is comparing him to Kurt Warner grocery bagger. 

Let me say one thing - should have mentioned it another post but..

I would no problem, none, zero problem if White was the starter tomorrow.  Frankly, I would prefer it.  At least it would be more interesting and we would have a QB that will do everything to win.  

Heck, I would rather see Streveler than Flacco.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

<Mike White, in his first career start, throws for 405 yards and three TDs in a huge upset win against the future AFC representative in the Super Bowl>

Jets fans: “Aberration!”

<Zach Wilson, in his 11th start, throws for 234 yards and a TD against a sleepwalking, injured, and backsliding Bucs team>

Jets fans: “This was a masterstroke display of QB dominance”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Technically, Flacco had the best summer of every QB. If we’re just counting preseason action, the best QB was Streveler, then White, then Flacco, and Zach should have been cut.

As long as things like 1st string and 4th string comp doesn’t count.  Or if anyone like a WFAN caller wanting to cut a player after 5 passes.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Let me explain something to both of  you, this was not just about 1 game for Mike White this was about the game vs the Bengals who at the time were a top 5 defense in the NFL and playing lights out

It was the start of the Bengals losing 4 of 6.  Hardly lights out football.  They also totally looked past the Jets, totally forgot that on any given Sunday…

44 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Then it was about the Colts game where Mike White drove the Jets up the field only to sustain a temporary nerve injury in his arm..... freak thing but all indications were he was moving the team very well and picking up exactly where he left off.

11 passes.  

44 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Versus the Bills He was driving the team up the field going for the potential tie down 10-3 when good old reliable Corey Davis fumbled after a 20 yard dart hit him in the chest which he promptly fumbled while the Jets were driving to tie the score which turned out to be the turning point of that game since the Bills marched down the field to end the half then scored on the first second half possession to make the score 24-3 rather than a possible 10-6 score or a 10-10 score or at worst still 10-3. At that stage it made our team one dimensional and forced Mike White into the teeth of that Bills defense. He forced things and it should have been chalked up to a learning experience to a QB who was only in his 3rd game of his NFL career yet for Jets fans somehow that translated into Mike White Sucks and that's what pisses me off the same way it pisses you guys off about Zach.

It was 10-3 in the 2nd Q.  They were smoked in that game 45-17.  Who cares about the 2nd Q score.  He threw 4 INTs and your blaming Corey Davis for a fumble?  Seriously?

48 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Go ahead and disprove anything I've said here.

49 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Its obvious Zach has more potential no one should be arguing that but Zach has still yet to prove that and it seems Jets fans are ALWAYS waiting for that player with a high ceiling Like Sanchez, Darnold, Geno, Zach to emerge.

This is how it works.  You draft a QB and wait for him to develop or fail.  Bills did it with countless # of QBs, the fish have been doing it for years since Marino, Pats have had one.  It’s not an exact science but when you draft one you have to commit to him, not dump him because MW was successful running a dumbed down short passing game against an inexperienced team that shlt the bed that day.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

not dump him because MW was successful running a dumbed down short passing game against an inexperienced team that shlt the bed that day.

They asked Zach to run that same dumb offense when he came back from one of his other injuries and he mostly sucked at it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

After another win 3-5 win season you'll still be making excuses and spouting delusions, and it will be hilarious to watch.

Yeah, I’ll be spouting delusions.  It will be hilarious.  
Under what name will you be yukking it up?

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Mike White didn't even play a quarter in this game.  Stop.  

This was an all-time bad performance.  He literally had to be pulled from the game for being so bad.  I don't care if he had an almost good drive.  That's what you're sticking to here.  One ALMOST good drive - shows he's a good QB.

Actually this is incorrect.  

There has to be a threat to push the ball downfield for this offense to work.  It's not ONLY dink and dunk.  The problem with Mike White is that's all he is.  

Teams allow him to take the small sh*t until they get a stop or two and now he's in third and long and he gets picked off..or has close to no chance or a completion.  So stats might look okay, but scoring is scarce.  You don't win with stats, you win with scoring points.  With Mike White, the bend don't break philosophy is the way defense know how to play him now...and that's why he's a 5th year, 3rd string QB.  Coaches that have seen him know it.  Not to take anything away from the Bengals game - but he clearly caught them off guard and fully took advantage of the situation. But he's been figured out.  The Jets coaches know this now, which is why he's 3rd on the depth chart.  Flacco is the better QB.

Fair Shake? What does that even mean?  The Jets have him 3rd on the depth chart out of malice?

What have I said about Zach that isn't true?

Let me say one thing - should have mentioned it another post but..

I would no problem, none, zero problem if White was the starter tomorrow.  Frankly, I would prefer it.  At least it would be more interesting and we would have a QB that will do everything to win.  

Heck, I would rather see Streveler than Flacco.

You've now proven to me you have no clue how the WCO runs and how its been running for half a century. You can't make statements about an offensive philosophy thinking the Jets are going to use the deep game to open things up.... that's exactly the opposite on how this offense runs. This offense is based on Moving the chains possessing the football with a stout running game having good receiving RB's who will be an extension of the running game to open up the intermeadiate passing game. The Deep ball is the worst percentage play in the game is something QB's take advantage of when defenses move up to deal with what's going on underneath or something breaks down its a very low percentage play and its not a big part of anything WCO nor is pushing the ball down the field like you mentioned as well . Once you get a grasp of the offense we are actually running you will see exactly where Zach's game needs to improve and that's more than meets the eye. Its about working the Huddle, getting your team in rhythm, completing a high percentage of your short passes to let your now superior athletes make things happen with their speed, hitting RB's and receivers in stride, and SELLING the screen game. There is much more going on there then...... wow look at that 60 yard bomb Zach just threw..... of which I think he completed 1 or 2 of those deep air yard passes all year so it shows you just how rare they are and how much they actually mean to this type of offense. This is about moving the chains and the QB being deadly accurate in the short passing game. If by any stretch of the imagination you think Zach has done this then you simply are in denial. Its not about Potential here its about all of the little things Zach needs to do to Improve.