Sauce shut down Jamaar

Rhg1084

21 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

He needs to stop passing off the #1 in the red zone because he’s afraid of giving up the TD

Dude seriously? They were playing quarters and not only did he pass off correctly, he signaled it. If he covers the receiver into the middle the flat is completely unguarded 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Dude seriously? They were playing quarters and not only did he pass off correctly, he signaled it. If he covers the receiver into the middle the flat is completely unguarded 

Its obvious, even admittedly by his own posts when corrected, he ABSOLUTELY knows NOTHING when it comes to the technical Xs & Os of a scheme for American Football; thus the ridiculous and absurd comments and simplistic complaints. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, jamesr said:

Wasn't that what led to a long TD vs Cincy?

Yeah I mean Carter had decent coverage on his man, then obviously Whitehead completely whiffed on that tackle. Oh well Saleh is so married to his scheme I don’t see any major changes coming anytime soon. I do believe Rex had a better scheme than Saleh tho 

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Rex would just blitz the house and leave Cro and Revis all by themselves. Maybe Saleh should take a page out of his playbook. 

Maybe we should, but I don't think that is a particularly fair assessment of what Rex did.  Rex had an asset in Revis and he funneled it so that teams had to throw at him.  I don't think his blitz stats were so high either.  Whatever he did against the pass, I don't remember ever getting run on like we did last season under Rex..  I am hopeful that is better this year, but it remains to be seen.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Maybe we should, but I don't think that is a particularly fair assessment of what Rex did.  Rex had an asset in Revis and he funneled it so that teams had to throw at him.  I don't think his blitz stats were so high either.  Whatever he did against the pass, I don't remember ever getting run on like we did last season under Rex..  I am hopeful that is better this year, but it remains to be seen.

Jets invested in stuffing the run game with DT fatties such as Kris Jenkins, Sione Pouha, Damien Harrison, Harold Green, Trevor Pryce and even undersized Mike Devito, etc. 

All acquired between 2005-2014 under Herm, Mangini, and Rex.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Sauce is a ME ME ME player ; he better wise up quick or he will become another N.Y. Jets secondary has been .

I didn't like that Revis held out multiple times. I don't like players that make a spectacle of things. I haven't seen or heard Sauce do either. He's a guy you want on you team because he doesn't give up.  I like Sauce, and I don't think he's a me me me guy (the type of guy I despise).