Ok, I believe.

20 minutes ago, Bugg said:

That also had a heaping helping of Wilson doing the "Madden" backing up thing. One of the few misntakes he made .  Needs to get rid of the ball there instead of that. 

Meh...it was horrible.  Agreed the smart play was to get rid of it.  But it happens.  Even to the great ones...  

I think they are used to scrambling out of trouble and once in a while, it backfires spectacularly.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Wilson attempted only 21 passes and completed 14.  There were no risky or ‘bad’ throws.  Yet people still complain about this b/c he didn’t throw for 400 yards.  Sometimes it’s easy to forget what the ultimate goal is here, which is to get a lead, run the ball and play good defense.  Create turnovers.  Control the clock.  Play smart football.  Not get your qb killed.  Basically everything that happened yesterday.  

Is it bad that 9 of the 14 went for 1st downs?  Feels like by tone of things, that's a bad thing.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Drops to 6.23 if you take out the Breece Hall catch and run 

That’s…not how YPA works, lol.  On top of that, even if we were talking about YPC, the catch and run was well beyond a 10 yard throw and catch.

• Upvote 1

Went back and watched the game again. Zach wasn't just ok. He had a really efficient game. This was a really good game from Zach. Waiting to see what PFF comes out with but I think it may be in the 85+ range. He only had one bad pass (the throw to Moore that was short down the right sideline). 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m talking yards per attempt, you innumerate goon. I listen to many podcasts. I’m basically a data scientist now. 

My condolences.  This exciting home win against a hated division rival must be really hard on you.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Went back and watched the replay. Zach wasn't just ok. He had a really efficient game. This was a really good game from Zach. Waiting to see what PFF comes out with but I think it may be in the 85+ range. He only had one bad pass (the throw to Moore that was short down the right sideline). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

That also had a heaping helping of Wilson doing the "Madden" backing up thing. One of the few misntakes he made .  Needs to get rid of the ball there instead of that. 

Yeah no one likes seeing a 17-yard sack. But while I made a real-life facepalm when watching it, I wasn't screaming. It's part of what you get with him. The same attributes that allow him to escape so many rushers in the backfield also sometimes leads to this.

The #1 error on that play was letting someone go unblocked to make an easy bee-line for him in the first place.

Just now, T0mShane said:

These snarky posts hit different now that I know you’re but a wee hobbit.

Ok that joke jumped the shark already. What’s the point of trolling a win ?  Is it like reverse psychology where you are actually getting fans to defend the team or are you just not flexible enough to pivot?

7 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Thanks. Not bad. Rewatching the game, I thought it was the best game he has played. It wasn't one of those, holy sh*t games. But it was really good. He seemed to be throwing the ball where it needed to go. He was accurate and he was not effected by pressure.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah no one likes seeing a 17-yard sack. But while I made a real-life facepalm when watching it, I wasn't screaming. It's part of what you get with him. The same attributes that allow him to escape so many rushers in the backfield also sometimes leads to this.

The #1 error on that play was letting someone go unblocked to make an easy bee-line for him in the first place.

2 main takeaways from that play are 1) wilson didn’t throw up a duck/surefire int, and 2) that unblocked disaster happens every game.  

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Wilson attempted only 21 passes and completed 14.  There were no risky or ‘bad’ throws.  Yet people still complain about this b/c he didn’t throw for 400 yards.  Sometimes it’s easy to forget what the ultimate goal is here, which is to get a lead, run the ball and play good defense.  Create turnovers.  Control the clock.  Play smart football.  Not get your qb killed.  Basically everything that happened yesterday.  

Jimmy G got paid big money for exactly yesterdays type of game.  

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

2 main takeaways from that play are 1) wilson didn’t throw up a duck/surefire int, and 2) that unblocked disaster happens every game.  

Like I said, I wasn't pulling my hair out when he took that. A scrambler loses yards sometimes. A gunslinger throws interceptions. A "patient" runner also sometimes just misses a small opportunity window.

I don't know that I agree that every game someone on the line goes totally unblocked. It happens, but not every game. Not even every game for the Jets. To suggest otherwise almost makes the case we were powerless to do anything about it. 

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Like I said, I wasn't pulling my hair out when he took that. A scrambler loses yards sometimes. A gunslinger throws interceptions. A "patient" runner also sometimes just misses a small opportunity window.

I don't know that I agree that every game someone on the line goes totally unblocked. It happens, but not every game. Not even every game for the Jets. To suggest otherwise almost makes the case we were powerless to do anything about it. 

I meant that seemingly in every jet game there is a play where there is an unblocked blitzer who gets the qb.  I just hope that wilson is learning how to take care of the ball, that it’s ok to take a sack or an incompletion, and that he actually has a team that can help win a game and it’s not just him.  That would be progress, understanding what’s required in a given situation and a given game.  

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Larz said:

Ok that joke jumped the shark already. What’s the point of trolling a win ?  Is it like reverse psychology where you are actually getting fans to defend the team or are you just not flexible enough to pivot?

I’ve been very complimentary of Saleh and the Jets today. The only entity I trolled was @Mogglez, and you know that guy has it coming. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yep.  Said this in the other thread.  He was either going to take an 8 yard sack or a 15 yard sack there.  Either was better than a pick.  Also, lucky for the Jets (and I actually think this was a huge play in the game) -- on the very next play, the Dolphins gave them the most absurd prevent look I've ever seen, and let Breece Hall easily get those 15 yards back.  Gave Mann a lot more room to punt the ball all the way back down to the Miami 20 yard line.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, JTJet said:

We just ran for a bazillion rushing TDs and what you took away from that was "Zach is a franchise QB" ? 

I knew someone would come back thinking it’s passing tds only.  40 points didn’t impress the small brain club.  Would have been much more impressed if Hall got that extra yard, etc.  

14-21 67%, 210 and 0 INTs against the Miami D wasn’t enough for you 

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m talking yards per attempt, you innumerate goon. I listen to many podcasts. I’m basically a data scientist now. 

If You took all of Bob Griese’s passes to a wide open Paul Warfield away he would be a carrier back up instead of in the HOF. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Is it bad that 9 of the 14 went for 1st downs?  Feels like by tone of things, that's a bad thing.

Guys act like there isn’t another team on the field with players trying to stop you.  It’s a team competition and Zach was competitive.   The kid has a ton of talent.  Guys were speculating he was soft.  He’s tough and competitive.  He’s not soft at all.   He played a solid game against a division rival who had a lot on the line. 

We won a division game with a young QB with great talent who’s starting to get it.  He’s developing and winning.  That’s a home run.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve been very complimentary of Saleh and the Jets today. The only entity I trolled was @Mogglez, and you know that guy has it coming. 

19 minutes ago, Larz said:

Naw we had a good laugh yesterday about my judge smails Internet personality. You should have been there. 

In all seriousness T0m, it was a good time.  I’m tryna attend more this year, hope to finally put a face to the name one of these days :).

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

Naw we had a good laugh yesterday about my judge smails Internet personality. You should have been there. 

Haha I was there with you guys spirit in that my spirit got sh*t-faced and broke a bottle of Courvoisier over the back of my head when I spiritually referenced Zach’s numbers against the blitz.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I knew someone would come back thinking it’s passing tds only.  40 points didn’t impress the small brain club.  Would have been much more impressed if Hall got that extra yard, etc.  

14-21 67%, 210 and 0 INTs against the Miami D wasn’t enough for you 

Ironic. It's small brains that think in black and white. Binary thought process, but that's typical of you. 

Nowhere in there did I say I wasn't impressed by Zach, but coming to the conclusion he is the next decade franchise QB based off of yesterday was just plain dumb. 

But please, continue. 

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Ironic. It's small brains that think in black and white. Binary thought process, but that's typical of you. 

Nowhere in there did I say I wasn't impressed by Zach, but coming to the conclusion he is the next decade franchise QB based off of yesterday was just plain dumb. 

But please, continue. 

Black & white as not giving the QB credit for hanging 40 on a really good D.   As I said if Hall gets another yard does it make ZWs day any better?  The answer is no
I don’t have to continue.  

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Black & white as not giving the QB credit for hanging 40 on a really good D.  
I don’t have to continue, it’s a lame take.  And thinking the explanation that it doesn’t make him the answer as a FQB makes it worse.  

Sure, keep thinking that. 

You keep going back to this "not giving him credit" for thing, again spelling it out for you, I didnt even say he played bad, nor mediocre, in fact I've now stated several times he played well. 

But standing on a mountain and proclaiming him the FQB after that game was as dumb as it sounded. That "really good D" is a fantasy in your head, a fantasy that's allowed over 400 total yards now a couple times. They've allowed 25+ 3 out of 5 games now. 

But even with their number 1 corner out, they held Zach to their lowest allowed passing yards all season, even with the big Breece play included.

Youre right, one of us is just looking at the score, and it sure as sh*t ain't me. 

3 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Wilson was Ryan Tannehill yesterday. Guy is proving to be a TOUGH SOB on top of it all. 

Funny you say that, I was actually thinking about who he reminded me of yesterday and Tannehill was what I settled on.

40 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Sure, keep thinking that. 

You keep going back to this "not giving him credit" for thing, again spelling it out for you, I didnt even say he played bad, nor mediocre, in fact I've now stated several times he played well. 

But standing on a mountain and proclaiming him the FQB after that game was as dumb as it sounded. That "really good D" is a fantasy in your head, a fantasy that's allowed over 400 total yards now a couple times. They've allowed 25+ 3 out of 5 games now. 

But even with their number 1 corner out, they held Zach to their lowest allowed passing yards all season, even with the big Breece play included.

Youre right, one of us is just looking at the score, and it sure as sh*t ain't me. 

You have no clue who you’re arguing with do you?  All I said is the QB of team that hangs 40 pts on the board gets the credit just the same as he would have with some of the TDs being via the air.  You’re just a hater and can’t bring yourself to admit it.  You sound like a dolt to argue that

• Upvote 1