Zach Wilson is the worst!

TBJ

Just now, BurntDice said:

As I’ve said in the post earlier Zach sucks too. They both suck. People act like white will be a savior while he’s proven to be a noodle arm turnover prone qb. Throw in strev and see what happens 

NO ONE IS SAYING WHITE IS A SAVIOR.  What the actual f*ck with these takes.

• Upvote 1

Just now, BurntDice said:

@JiFields says he’s “100x better than Zach”. That sure does seem to me like he’s saying he’ll be a savior. The more he played the more exposed he got. 

Being 100x better than a near zero does not mean anyone thinks White is actually good.  Merely better than Zach Wilson.  Which he is.  So we should play him instead.  Savvy?

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How bad would things have been had ZW's sideline pass late in the 4th quarter been intercepted, and that's what led to the game winning score?

It would've been Defcon 1 (not that it's all that far from it right now).

Yeah, what happened to the "elite" arm talent on that throw? Better zip and placement doesn't give the CB the chance to pick it. 

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

8 picks in a little over 3 games = competent nfl starter? Got it 

Why are you leaving off his TD's, comp % and yardage and his competition?  What the **** is Zach Wilson giving you dude?  For **** sake man, he has 4 TD's in 7 games.  4.  5 picks.   He has 13 TD's on 19 career starts. 16 picks at around 55%.  Do you not understand how atrocious that is?  

Your in ability to see context and understanding just how bad Zach has been for this team is bizarre. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

as much as i've supported Wilson, i am just about done. Bring in Derek Carr, Jimmy G, whoever else you can get your hands on....we deserve better.

I want Carr, but the cap doesn’t seem like it’ll work. What’s he make like 30/year? Will prob need to get rid of Lawson and Davis to fit him 

Yeah man I've been on the "let's give him time" train for a while, but at some point you have to show at least some flashes in order to live with all the bad.  The only time we give Wilson any praise is when he doesn't **** up.  Even Darnold had some games where he looked like a franchise QB...Wilson has never once looked like one, and this offense - even with the injuries - is miles ahead of anything Darnold had to work with.

At this point I go with White to see what we can do this year.  After that we can reevaluate in the offseason.  If White excels and looks great I bring him back.  If he looks OK or anything less than that, I look to bring in a veteran via UFA.  Maybe Jackson will be available via trade but the price would be steep.  I'd lean towards a guy like Garoppolo or even Dalton as a stopgap.  Draft a kid like Grayson McCall in the 3rd or 4th to develop for a year or two.  I'm done with spending high 1st rounders on QBs at this point though....maybe if every other option fails for the next few years, or a can't miss kid comes along and we somehow have a chance to draft him.  Otherwise though I want a proven guy.

NFL windows don't last long.  This team, as young as they are, can win NOW.  Can't afford to sacrifice any of that to "see what Zach can do".  We've seen.  I'm done with this kid.

• Upvote 2

Just now, JiFields said:

Why are you leaving off his TD's, comp % and yardage and his competition?  What the **** is Zach Wilson giving you dude?  For **** sake man, he has 4 TD's in 7 games.  4.  5 picks.   He has 13 TD's on 19 career starts. 16 picks at around 55%.  Do you not understand how atrocious that is?  

Your in ability to see context and understanding just how bad Zach has been for this team is bizarre. 

Dude I’ve said multiple times that Zach sucks. I’m not defending him. White is just as bad which is what I’m trying to convey. Replacing one piece of trash for another won’t make a difference. 

There are only 2 options. First is to start playing calls like Zach is an NFL quarterback and let Zach grow or expose himself even further. Second is to sit him until he can gain some perspective. Zach being coddled isn't making him better. He needs real reps if he can't gain the knowledge in the classroom. He is set in this "rut" or reality of what he is and isn't growing so time on the bench watching can help.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, maury77 said:

How the hell did management interview this guy before the draft and come away convinced that this was the man to lead the franchise moving forward? He has no leadership qualities, none. 

A lot of the CS, didn't want Wilson. Zack Wilson Is all on the lap of JD. That story about a split on what to do in the draft was widely reported. multiple times.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

Dude I’ve said multiple times that Zach sucks. I’m not defending him. White is just as bad which is what I’m trying to convey. Replacing one piece of trash for another won’t make a difference. 

Well, I’d like to see him.  I don’t know that he sucks worse than Zach.  The sample size is foo small and the situation sucked.  The same can’t be said for Zach anymore.  He is an official bust.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Wilson was bad. But Lafleur was worse, if that's possible.   Run play every second down. Pass plays were basically tunnel screens and swing passes. Conklin was a big weapon in the first pats game, they barely used him. Conservative to a fault. No doubt they handcuffed Wilson because they don't trust him, but at some point you have to put the game in his hands or bench him. Thus was no gas, all break, play for the tie game management at its worst. The patriots td return wasn't bad football,  it was bad karma. They deserved it for playing cowardly football.

It's hard to judge the OC when the QB can't complete a screen pass.

9 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I want Carr, but the cap doesn’t seem like it’ll work. What’s he make like 30/year? Will prob need to get rid of Lawson and Davis to fit him 

The cap means nothing. How do you think the Rams and Bills fit all of these guys under the cap?

Just now, choon328 said:

The cap means nothing. How do you think the Rams and Bills fit all of these guys under the cap?

By having tons of dead money years out like what jd has done with Mosley and brown. It’ll be like tanny all over again. Cap hell which is what I don’t want 

9 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

“Mac Jones sucks”

23-27 for 246 yd

Vs the Beningo-proclaimed:

“best defense in the league”

”best secondary in the league”

I mean he’s miles better than Zach Wilson

That much is clear 

what are we talking about here?

I mean, he's definitely better but I would not trade Zach for Mac. They were clearly hiding him as well. 1 pass beyond 5 yards for Jones. Neither is their teams answer at QB