Jump to content

PFF Is Trash


Jet9
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

As are most 'sports analytics'. Take some stats and add pixie dust. What a grift.

PFF: We literally do stuff with the intention of generating outrage because it gets fans upset and thus gets a lot of attention. 

Fans: LOOK AT THEM! WE MUST GIVE THEM ATTENTION!

 

Like PFF literally will talk about it. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

PFF: We literally do stuff with the intention of generating outrage because it gets fans upset and thus gets a lot of attention. 

Fans: LOOK AT THEM! WE MUST GIVE THEM ATTENTION!

 

Like PFF literally will talk about it. 

Actually if I see them referenced I immediately dismiss the opinion of who is using it. Be a media talking head, poster, whatever. Santa is more legit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Except when it comes to ranking the Jets corners.  I believe Sauce is #1 overall with Reed and Carter in the top 20 as well.

So I assume we like those rankings?

I knew they were garbage when Kyle Wilson was like thier #2 nickel corner or some sh*t. You can't put arbitrary ratings on human beings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Except when it comes to ranking the Jets corners.  I believe Sauce is #1 overall with Reed and Carter in the top 20 as well.

So I assume we like those rankings?

No, because it means something is wrong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Actually if I see them referenced I immediately dismiss the opinion of who is using it. Be a media talking head, poster, whatever. Santa is more legit. 

..and yet you just gave them a bunch of attention. They don't care that if love/hate them as long as you give them attention. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

..and yet you just gave them a bunch of attention. They don't care that if love/hate them as long as you give them attention. 

I'm some guy on a message board. 

It's like you want to defend the Kars for Kids jingle because it sticks in your head. 'It must be working!'. No, it still sucks. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, undertow said:

They rigged this to justify that dumb asses hot take about the Jets drafting Hall....all analytics have inherent biases which is why they should be only a tool.

Work had ESPN talking dipsh*ts on the TVs the other day and they were actually talking about how they boosted so and so's rating in NBA2K. 

 

This is the stupidest time to be alive. 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2022 at 7:49 PM, Jet9 said:

As are most 'sports analytics'. Take some stats and add pixie dust. What a grift.

 

 

PFF is an attempt to try measure success with a metric beyond standard stats... It is useful and it does a good job but using it as a 1 source as they want it to be is inherently flawed as most statistics are. 

Especially since they are guessing the design of the play without fully knowing. 

It's not as bad as people make it out... But it's not as good as they want it to be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...