Which Potential Free Agent QB Would YOU Want...

SoFlaJets

On 12/16/2022 at 6:33 PM, BurntDice said:

Daniel Jones. Dude has the body of Josh Allen and continues to have a comp % around 65. Set to explode with a solid team around him 

Unless his asking price is insanely high (in which case I wouldn't go near him), I think the Giants will re-sign him.

with all the bad choices out there I think I want Darnold(25) and have him compete with Wilson(24) and a 2-4 round draft pick.  No more 50 year old QB.  Best neophyte wins.

I also think they need to get themselves an established and proven QB coach like Bates was and Saleh needs to show some tough love to his little flower and maybe bring in an experienced pass game coordinator.  MLF needs a leash.

I reserve the right to change my mind on Darnold after seeing him play out this season.  Also think probably be next to impossible to convince him to come back.  Altho the Jets do have GW, Breece, AVT, and some other risers that is a good selling point for these QBs and their advisors.

7 hours ago, slimjasi said:

At this point, I don’t get how you offer Jimmy G a big contract 

He just always gets hurt 

Have to stay away 

Yes.   I don't even care what the price tag is, bringing in Garopplo to be a starter would be foolish.

You should expect your QB to finish the season - and that expectation with him is unilkely.

45 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I haven’t loved what I’ve seen from Brady this year.

That roster isn’t what it was and they have a horrid head coach.

Brady isn’t what he was but he’d be a good signing for the following:

• an upgrade at QB for sure
  • veteran leadership for a young and (hopefully) ascending team
  • without giving up draft picks
  • no long-term investment contract
  • giving Zack Wilson more time if the team still holds out hope he develops well.

• Upvote 1

Zach Wilson and Mike White for me. The Jets weren’t supposed to even be a playoff team this year. I’d love to see them try to develop a QB for once and stop trying a new one every 3 years. None of the free agents are very good, and they aren’t going to suddenly make the Jets Super Bowl contenders. 

Give Wilson and White another year, see what they have. Then have the conversation about bringing someone else in if it’s bad

4 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Unless his asking price is insanely high (in which case I wouldn't go near him), I think the Giants will re-sign him.

I think they will too. They have lots of cap space and don’t have a high pick. Maybe they pull off some big move tough like grabbing Lamar. Daboll may think he can win a sb with Lamar then jones shakes free. They didn’t use the 5th year option on him though. This makes it seem like they don’t want to resign him.