Subtle But Profound Difference between Zach & Mike!

27 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Yes, and he knew that without possibly getting back in there this year White stands to probably lose tens of millions. Does everybody get that?. Be honest, if Zack comes out and wins these next 2 games then White is not getting back in there this year, it is as simple as that.

Exactly.  It's not a knock on white or support for Willson it's just reality of mike White's situation. He doesn't have the luxury to let his body heal. He may never get a chance like this again. He knows that. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Lol, I wasn't even hating on him.  Just pointing out the reality of his situation and it triggered so many here.

Yup.

I like Mike White, but I also don't think he's god. 

I saw someone compare him to Joe Montana yesterday - and multiple people agreed.  it's out of control.

I've honestly been impressed with the guy.  I think he has a chance to be next years starter - but he definitely has legitimate limitations.  

Just not allowed to discuss them here - or you're a hater.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup.

I saw someone compare him to Joe Montana yesterday - and multiple people agreed.  it's out of control.

I've honestly been impressed with the guy.  I think he has a chance to be next years starter - but he definitely has legitimate limitations.  

I like White as well.  I thought he was doing pretty well and it’s a a shame he got hurt but I don’t die with the guy.  I support the team first and foremost.  Sadly if you show even a crumb of support to Wilson you’re labeled a fanboy or “wasting your time in a bust”.  The main reason I’m supporting him because he is now the starter and I want to win no matter who starts. Funny enough I’ve acknowledged his flaws he needs to correct just as much as the ones who clearly dislike him and even supported Saleh’s decision to go another direction after the Pats game.  Like you said peoples  overreactions around here are both funny and crazy . Sometime it feels like a mental ward around here ? 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

It was extremely notable to anyone that Zach’s personal doctors were disagreeing with Jets Docs who were obviously telling Saleh that Zach could play if he could withstand the pain. Zach’s decision was then to come back only when he was “100%”  which made Saleh as well as the organization look bad. 

I never really heard this stated anywhere but on JetNation.

Honestly, was there anything you read or heard from a legitimate source that stated this?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Every game ?? Stop with the exaggerations . He got hurt in this last game by getting torpedoed by a LB who was never picked up in that blitz. His other injury was when his elbow came down hard on a Colts players helmet losing feeling in his arm. In one instance he actually came back in the game with Broken ribs and proceeded to drive us up the filed before Carter fumbled away the game and in the other instance it was basically a freak injury and he was ready to go the next week. Comparing that to Zach who more than once, 2x to be exact missed multiple games due to knee injuries and in one of those instances was cleared to play but sat out 4 games so we could watch an old immobile QB sh*t all over himself. 

Thing here is one QB is a warrior and the other is a pussy who also refuses to stand tough in the pocket and deliver the ball to his WR's and is so scared in fact he's got the "yips" and airmails balls and throws others into the dirt the same passes that are completed at an 80 to 90 % rate across the NFL.

If you care to elaborate all these games where Mike White gets hurt I'll sit back and wait .

Mike White has started 6 games in his career. He's missed time in 3 of them due to getting injured. Colts & Bills last year, Bills this year.  Do you think JD is going to plan on a guy who gets injured half the games he plays in as his starter in 2023 when our window to really compete is opening? I really doubt it.

Mike White getting injured every time he plays football has nothing to do with Zach, who sucks at football.

23 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

White has been waived 5 times in his career, with more INTs than TDs, a losing record and a history of getting hurt when given the chance . He doesn't have the luxury to be anything but tough. That's the difference.

All that and he's still twice the pro QB ZW will ever be. Looks like scouts can be overrated huh? Does Kurt Warner ring a bell? Ryan Leaf sure does too...

4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

All that and he's still twice the pro QB ZW will ever be. Looks like scouts can be overrated huh? Does Kurt Warner ring a bell? Ryan Leaf sure does too...

You're saying that like we don't know that there are busts every year, at every position in every draft of every sport.  

Predicting the future has never been easy.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Will ever be?  
Bringing up failed or over drafted players, what does that do. We could do this all day, using examples to prove or disprove your statement.  
You have no idea what ZW will ultimately be give 7 games with a balanced offense.  White is better right now, anyone can see this but down the road, TBD

51 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup.

^^ Hater. Mike White is at best a poor man’s Kirk Cousin’s who is a poor man’s Alex Smith. As of now Zach is heading his way out of the league. Hopefully that changes tomorrow. The safe Reality none of these QB’s mention did or will ever win a championship. Life is hard! 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup.

Agree on most here except the possible starter. I almost see him as a parallel to Fitzy  good enough  to light a spark and bail out a season if needed but not someone you can count on for a full 17 game season. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup.

I disagreed that each loss was due to one play and was called an embarrassment and a troll for not seeing it that way.  A troll for passing the blame around.  Guess that took away from the greatness of MW.  
That same person is in this thread blaming the poor TD % on MWs teammates.  Between the 20’s, all MW.  Inside the 20’s, the team, the CS, everyone but MW.  Can’t see reality because he wants only he good on MW/

Meanwhile all I’ve been saying is he should and will be the starter unless someone else becomes the better option

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Mike White has started 6 games in his career. He's missed time in 3 of them due to getting injured. Colts & Bills last year, Bills this year.  Do you think JD is going to plan on a guy who gets injured half the games he plays in as his starter in 2023 when our window to really compete is opening? I really doubt it.

Mike White getting injured every time he plays football has nothing to do with Zach, who sucks at football.

Zach Wilson has missed 8 games and his injuries are much more conducive with a chronic injury in his knee Whites injuries were of the freak nature and not so much a chronic problem.

It seems to me like the obvious Zach lovers who refuse to admit his short comings are just making sh*t up like some sort of retaliation simply because Zach is the worst QB in football and Mike White moves the team with ease but the team has failed him in the red zone.

Not to mention Zach's injury this year was of the non contact variety which is more along the lines of an injury prone player. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Zach Wilson has missed 8 games and his injuries are much more conducive with a chronic injury in his knee Whites injuries were of the freak nature and not so much a chronic problem.

It seems to me like the obvious Zach lovers who refuse to admit his short comings are just making sh*t up like some sort of retaliation simply because Zach is the worst QB in football and Mike White moves the team with ease but the team has failed him in the red zone

What part of my post made you respond with crap about being a Zach lover? Was it where I said Zach sucks at football? Zach has started a lot more games than White. 

I find it funny I have to come to these forums and defend and obviously superior QB in every single way other than mobility the same mobility that has him running backwards away from the play to buy time to throw the ball away and then not even be able to throw it away correctly. 

Mike White Clearly moves this team better than Wilson and has a better grasp of the offense to deny that would be to show the utter lack of football knowledge I have to respond to here on a regular basis. MW averages 300 + yards a game and has been let down in the red zone and its obvious yet here I am again having to point that out. Its really pretty sad some here would find a way to bash a QB that moves this offense simply because our second over all pick outright sucks.

I hope to god Zach can get it done over the next game or 2 so Mike White can come back for the playoff run. Ill take Zach's 150 yeards if he makes it that far if our defense playes great football and Zach Limits his mistakes.

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

It seems to me like the obvious Zach lovers who refuse to admit his short comings are just making sh*t up like some sort of retaliation simply because Zach is the worst QB in football and Mike White moves the team with ease but the team has failed him in the red zone.

Not to mention Zach's injury this year was of the non contact variety which is more along the lines of an injury prone player. 

Who is refusing to admit Zach's shortcomings at this point?  There really are no more Zach defenders.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What part of my post made you respond with crap about being a Zach lover? Was it where I said Zach sucks at football? Zach has started a lot more games than White. 

I said Zach lovers Barry and it was not really directed towards you but a contingent of about 4 or 5 posters who refuse to see whats right in front of their face . If you took it that I was referring to you I apologize it was not my intension.

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

No matter what part of your MW fantasy story people dispute it automatically makes them Zach lovers.  
ZWs injuries are worse than Whites?  They’re not, they’ve both had too many injuries.   That’s the nice spin.  

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I disagreed that each loss was due to one play and was called an embarrassment and a troll for not seeing it that way.  A troll for passing the blame around.  Guess that took away from the greatness of MW.  
That same person is in this thread blaming the poor TD % on MWs teammates.  Between the 20’s, all MW.  Inside the 20’s, the team, the CS, everyone but MW.  Can’t see reality because he wants only he good on MW/

Meanwhile all I’ve been saying is he should and will be the starter unless someone else becomes the better option

Sorry Jet nut but there were about 4 plays by individual players over the last 3 weeks that cost us games and they could have been looked at as one play which either turned the tide of the game or something like the Berrios drop (whom I like very much as a player and is very uncharacteristic of him) which out right cost us that game The Berrios drop is a catch he himself will tell you have should have easily made there were also 2 glaring plays on defense that cost us games this year as well of course they had nothing to do with the QB but they did exist and they did cost us games.

Most who want to have negative sh*t to say about White forget he has had 3 weeks to practice with the 1's and he has done a very good job stepping in. Sometimes it takes weeks to get used to players speed but White has a good grasp in moving this team. The mis communications at the goal line will be cleaned up

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

No matter what part of your MW fantasy story people dispute it automatically makes them Zach lovers.  
ZWs injuries are worse than Whites?  They’re not, they’ve both had too many injuries.   That’s the nice spin.  

No they are not the same injuries white before last week missed on game after nerve damage when his elbow hit a helmet its a freak injury . Mike Whites second injury he came back on the field. Zach was given the green light to come back and play game one this year but my bet is the coaching staff felt he was not ready not because of that injury but because of his not being ready . So up to this point not including this weeks upcoming game White has missed 3 quarters in the colts game

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

you call it a fantasy story which shows you really have no clue at all about the game of football. Mike White moves this team Mike White has a better grasp of this offense by a large margin and Mike White has dealt with some unfortunate drops and fumbles that cost us games we might have other wise won yet here you stand calling the a fantasy. I ask WTF are you watching ?

On 12/16/2022 at 12:20 PM, Charlie Brown said:

Juxtapose that against Mike Freakin White who was told by Jets doctors that he literally couldn’t play.  But then White since that Jet diagnosis has been scouring the NFL for ANY DOCTOR in America who would say that he should be permitted to play!

That right there at the end of the day is the whole thing in a nutshell, and why Mike Freakin White is looked at as a “Warrior” by his teammates and coaches and why Zach is just Zach right now….. 

Lets Go Jets!!

This reminds me of the guy surrounded by friendlies telling them to "hold me back" when he doesn't want to fight the guy, but he has to make a show of not backing down. Not saying that's the case, but people in the public eye often put on a pr show. MW know this is his shot if not here than somewhere else, and he knows it looks a lot better to being fighting to play. 

3 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Yes, and he knew that without possibly getting back in there this year White stands to probably lose tens of millions. Does everybody get that?. Be honest, if Zack comes out and wins these next 2 games then White is not getting back in there this year, it is as simple as that.

and next year someone will pay White more than what we are willing to and Zach will be QB 1. 

god help us

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Other than getting waived how is that different than Wilson?

The getting waived part,  you know,  not having a secure job,  big contract under your belt is what makes guys like white and all back up qbs play with more desperation.

His future livelihood is at stake whenever he gets a chance.

Sorry Jet nut but there were about 4 plays by individual players over the last 3 weeks that cost us games and they could have been looked at as one play which either turned the tide of the game or something like the Berrios drop (whom I like very much as a player and is very uncharacteristic of him) which out right cost us that game The Berrios drop is a catch he himself will tell you have should have easily made there were also 2 glaring plays on defense that cost us games this year as well of course they had nothing to do with the QB but they did exist and they did cost us games.

Most who want to have negative sh*t to say about White forget he has had 3 weeks to practice with the 1's and he has done a very good job stepping in. Sometimes it takes weeks to get used to players speed but White has a good grasp in moving this team. The mis communications at the goal line will be cleaned up

That’s called football.  Plays made or not made costs you games.  
No one is killing MW.  He’s a cult hero and a damn good player, you don’t have to make a case for him.   You’re never going to get 100% to stand behind everything he does.  You don’t have to convince those who complain by taking down everyone around him

you call it a fantasy story which shows you really have no clue at all about the game of football. Mike White moves this team Mike White has a better grasp of this offense by a large margin and Mike White has dealt with some unfortunate drops and fumbles that cost us games we might have other wise won yet here you stand calling the a fantasy. I ask WTF are you watching ?

No SM, when you compare his path to today with Tony Romo’s, you’re in fantasy land.  Along with some of the other takes like non contact knee injuries are for those who are injury prone when they’re the most common type of knee injury.  As I said, you’re trying too hard to sell MW, he’s sold himself.  He’s a cult hero here on  every media outlet.  It has nothing to do with his play.  You keep bringing it up to me when I keep saying all the things you want to hear but seem to be ignoring because you feel the need to defend Mike White.