Ummmmm Gardner Minshew playing

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine a 240 lb Mike White with a summer full of starter reps on an offense with Breece Hall, AVT, and a real X receiver to replace that stiff Corey Davis. 

I don’t think MW would weigh 240 if you bore him out with acid and replaced his vitals with concrete.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Minshew = Jimmy G. = Dalton = Carr = Mayfield = Darnold = Jones = Smith = Teddy 2 Gloves.

I mean, lets be real here, they're all the same dude just a different variation of each other and we know so much more about all those dudes than Mike White, who's story has had pages ripped out due to sheer negligence at the handling of the QB position and the coddling of a one Zach Wilson.

So, bring back White, I mean, wtf are we doing here?  He can play, fans love him, team loves him, he wont cost much and he's true do whatever it takes leader.  Make him gain weight, build the OL so he doesnt die back there and lets F'ing go.

Or, reach for sky w/ Jameis Winston if he shakes loose. @Jetsfan80

Is there any other option above that level of QB? To swing for the fences on, aka trading away lot of picks. 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine a 240 lb Mike White with a summer full of starter reps on an offense with Breece Hall, AVT, and a real X receiver to replace that stiff Corey Davis. 

Oh I know but then you say it out loud and maybe this is why there are so many naysayers but what you're actually saying is; the Jets will be an offensive juggernaut led by a true warrior Adonis the likes we've never seen before in Jets land, and my imagination just isnt that vivid, so I prepare myself for Baker Mayfield, because it seems mandatory that I must loathe the Jets QB.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

No one is suggesting most of the guys you list as MW replacements. We want an end to the all-eggs-in-one-basket strategy for any QB unless and until you’re paying FQB money to an actual FQB and then are almost forced to go all in because of the cap.

But if this team’s backup plan to MW is Strev or a Luke Falkesque type or — heaven forbid — Twerp Wilson… no bueno.

For sure, and that I agree w/ but I dont know what the combo and cost would be.  

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I think most people talking Minshew/Bridgewater/Darnold level guys would be looking for them to be brought in with Mike White. They shouldn’t be demanding crazy money and wouldn’t be considered if they were. Darnold coming back would be funny though, hadn’t even considered that.

White should be back regardless and it will only alienate the fanbase and even the team if he walks. He’s earned at the very least high end backup status in the NFL and our team love him for good reason. I’ll be rooting for him in any QB competition next year. He’s the guy I want the Jets to win with.

But his injuries aren’t fluke things and it would be naive not to have insurance for that. Guy is recklessly brave in the pocket and doesn’t have the frame to keep stepping into hits the way he does. It’s also probably his greatest asset so it’s a double edged sword if you coach it out of him.

At the very least get him on some Mexican supplements. 

Get him on that TB12 daily dosage of HGH and look the **** out.

• Post of the Week 4

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

For sure, and that I agree w/ but I dont know what the combo and cost would be.  

That is completely fair. JD will probably have to throw out a bunch of lines and see what he reels in. But one thing I do know is you don’t resign yourself to eating nothing but bait that night before you even shove off from the dock.

12 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Minshew = Jimmy G. = Dalton = Carr = Mayfield = Darnold = Jones = Smith = Teddy 2 Gloves.

I mean, lets be real here, they're all the same dude just a different variation of each other and we know so much more about all those dudes than Mike White, who's story has had pages ripped out due to sheer negligence at the handling of the QB position and the coddling of a one Zach Wilson.

So, bring back White, I mean, wtf are we doing here?  He can play, fans love him, team loves him, he wont cost much and he's true do whatever it takes leader.  Make him gain weight, build the OL so he doesnt die back there and lets F'ing go.

Or, reach for sky w/ Jameis Winston if he shakes loose. @Jetsfan80

Ummmm I love this take but it is so misplaced as it pertains to Winston... :)

Think on it.....

Winston has a lower Career completion percentage than Minshew, has a less than a 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio, which is awful when compared to Minshew's, and has a Career QBR rating of 87, while not awful, which is still much lower than Minshew's 93+ ------ and when coupled with his high TD to INT ratio this hardly makes Winston IMO "better" than Minshew.  Far more talented, Yes -----Better No!

Finally, of course, we should bring back Mike White!  Again, I want White on the team. REPEAT I LIKE MIKE WHITE ON THE JETS!!!

I just want credible competition with White, which is something the Flacs of the world cannot possibly provide, and why I specifically wanted Gardner Minshew on the team last year to compete with Zach and White!

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol. Tell me a team he will go to that will “guarantee “ him a starter position. Likely to a bad team who may be drafting a qb in top 10. Which I doubt he will want to go to knowing it’s not only the jets who would push him out for their golden boy high draft pick. There are not many teams who A will have an open spot, and B won’t be drafting a qb early in first round. Either way, he won’t get that clear cut starter $$$..

Let me guess, you're one of these guys who whines about JD getting owned when another team signs the guy we're interested in.

1 hour ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Out of those first three names, which one really likely to sign with the Jets? For real.

Also, isn't Garoppolo a glorified backup?

I think any of them is more likely than many believe.

The Jets are a playoff team, possibly a Super Bowl contender, with a quality QB behind center.

They have a 22 year old WR who has superstar written all over him, they have a top flight young RB who was on his way to running away with OROY before he got injured, and a Top 5 defense with arguably the most disruptive interior DL in the game right now and the best CB tandem in the league on the back end.

The Jets are appealing to a veteran QB for the first time since God knows when.

Yet people want to waste that on Mike White or Gardner Minshew…

Insane 

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

We can’t say two things here—that Minshew is good enough to sign as a starter…but he’s not going to get starter money around the league(?) Which is it?

There’s a wide gap of “starter money” in this league.  Low end starters make a third of what the high-end guys do.  You know this.  

13 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I think any of them is more likely than many believe.

The Jets are a playoff team, possibly a Super Bowl contender, with a quality QB behind center.

They have a 22 year old WR who has superstar written all over him, they have a top flight young RB who was on his way to running away with OROY before he got injured, and a Top 5 defense with arguably the most disruptive interior DL in the game right now and the best CB tandem in the league on the back end.

The Jets are appealing to a veteran QB for the first time since God knows when.

Yet people want to waste that on Mike White or Gardner Minshew…

Insane 

If JD truly sees us as a SB contender, Aaron Rodgers or TB12 would probably make the most sense.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There’s a wide gap of “starter money” in this league.  Low end starters make a third of what the high-end guys do.  You know this.  

I’m worried Tom is going full JD wanting to insulate his chosen QB from credible competition… Don’t worry Tom, MW doesn’t need nor desire kid glove handling!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Esquire said:

Minshew is a good QB and is still only 26 years old.  Unlike White, he isn't injury prone.  

ANY person playing quarterback in High school. College the CFL USFL or the NFL  who take a hit like this is going to get hurt. Getting one's ribs cracked on a play like this does NOT make a player "injury prone" . Neither does hitting one's hand on an opponent's helmet after a throw-that's just a case of sh!t luck. I'm tired of you guys all saying that Mike White is more liable to get hurt because he took a shot that EVERY other person playing the game who gets hit in that prone position is going to get hurt from 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

ANY person playing quarterback in High school. College the CFL USFL or the NFL  who take a hit like this is going to get hurt. Getting one's ribs cracked on a play like this does NOT make a player "injury prone" . Neither does hitting one's hand on an opponent's helmet after a throw-that's just a case of sh!t luck. I'm tired of you guys all saying that Mike White is more liable to get hurt because he took a shot that EVERY other person playing the game who gets hit in that prone position is going to get hurt from 

Zach tore up his knee in a non contact play in preseason and these clowns are calling White soft

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

You can consider a QB injury prone if he has mobility that limits his ability to avoid those types of contact as frequently 

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Make no mistake, White deserves to be QB1.  I want Minshew as the QB2.  An expensive one, sure, but I’m tired of sh*tty plan B’s.  Minshew can move the ball.  9.6 YPA today.

I didn’t get to watch this one yesterday, but I’ve always been a Minshew fan. I’m also a believer in MW.

I’d be very happy is we went into camp with both next year. The only thing I’d quibble with that you said here is that Mike deserves to be #1.
Both him and Minshew would both deserve a fair shot at the #1 job. I don’t think either has ever had that opportunity, and I think they both deserve it?

Anyway,  Merry Christmas, my friend!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Mike White is admirably tough, this is true. But why are you making an argument using Zach Wilson injuring his knee ligament as an example?

I’m getting a kick out of you this morning… very Feisty!

I’m guessing you might have eaten some baccala that was a little too salty last night? ?

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No just no, Mike White does not deserve to be handed the starters job.  (Compete for maybe) Because he is better than dreadful zac does not make him good.

He did not score points did not throw tds and did not win his last two big chances to shine for this team,

He is a 2-4, 8 td - 10 int QB. and he gets trucked because he can't move in the pocket.

Nobody's been able to score TDs behind that Mash unit we call the Jets OLine. There IS no running game anymore, there IS no pass protection. Fix the OL and the Jets under Mike White or Mineshew will flourish 

18 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

You can consider a QB injury prone if he has mobility that limits his ability to avoid those types of contact as frequently 

Spud, it was a 3 step drop and he fires the ball and BAM! he gets crushed, who is able to dance out of harms way on that play? NO ONE It's 1-2-3 set throw SMASH, there IS no chance to use mobility in that situation-NONE

18 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Well well well Gardner Minshew is playing and starting for Philadelphia!!

Watch and tell me if he wouldn’t be an instant upgrade at the QB position!! :)  

Not up to reading the whole thread today. How are we feeling on Minshew?

My take from what I watched on the game:

Good

• The timing plays looked very good
  • When defenders were making it to him, he could extend the play with some mobility.
  • The turnovers, from what I saw, were great plays from the DBs (both times the DB basically went over or around the WR and ripped the ball out of their hands)
  • Seems to find open players

The 'bad'

• Great oline play. Didn't see him pressured too much. What we saw yesterday is not what we would see with the Jets
  • Felt like it took a while to make up him mind on who to throw in some plays, but that may not be fair given that some of these may have been longer developing plays.
  • Accuracy on some throws. Seems like the WRs made a ton of great catches. I don't think our WR core pulls that off (maybe GW)
  • Saw him back peddle on some pressures, then through off his back foot. Had flashbacks of Zach for a second.

Overall, liked him significantly more than Zach, but not sure he's far ahead of White. Could be interesting in regards to a QB competition between the two, and for what you'd pay each, you're prolly paying for less than a premium QB, which is important, especially if you're still carrying Zach's salary (10M next year), but honestly, if you don't think White gets us anywhere, you prolly won't be convinced by Minshew either.

16 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Mike White is admirably tough, this is true. But why are you making an argument using Zach Wilson injuring his knee ligament as an example?

Because Wilson fans keep saying White is "Injury prone" after taking a monumental shot in a 1-2-3 throw SMASH play. The very definition of being an injury prone player is someone who gets hurt in the first pre-season game on a non-contact injury play

• Upvote 1