Lamar Jackson not practicing today?

kevinc855

17 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Earl Thomas Fined $13,369 By NFL For Giving Middle Finger While Being ...

Yes he could get hurt but if he’s willing to risk himself in week 1 why not in the playoffs? This is when he can demonstrate that he’s worthy of top 3 QB money.

He bet on himself this year, gets his team to the playoffs, then folds up his tent before the payoff? The whole point of betting on yourself is to demonstrate your value, not to take all the risk in low-value games then shut it down when you get to the money games.

Look, he represents himself and got like an 8 on the Wonderlic so I guess it’s possible he has taken this wholly irrational stance but I can’t buy it without some evidence.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I see the Ravens trading Lamar to the Dolphins then the Ravens trading for Justin Fields.  Bears will select bryce young.

I think Fields is 100% a Raven in 2023. Just a matter of where Lamar gets traded. I could see the Phins but am hoping they want him out of conference to the Seahawks or Panthers.

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes but if he’s willing to risk himself in week 1 why not in the playoffs? This is when he can demonstrate that he’s worth top 3 QB money.

I imagine he might take the risk for further injury if he had the financial security of a long-term contract with guaranteed money. IF Le'Veon Jackson knows he can get the Jets or any other QB desperate team to pay him whatever he wants why risk hurting himself further for the Ravens this year? Sure, the Ravens can and likely will franchise tag him in the coming off-season, but I imagine the Ravens seeing this happening right before the playoffs may have had enough and will want to move him this off season. It can be done. The Packers traded Davante Adams to the Raiders before the franchise tag extension deadline. The Ravens can do the same thing this off-season after placing the franchise tag on Jackson.

8 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I imagine he might take the risk for further injury if he had the financial security of a long-term contract with guaranteed money. IF Le'Veon Jackson knows he can get the Jets or any other QB desperate team to pay him whatever he wants why risk hurting himself further for the Ravens this year? Sure, the Ravens can and likely will franchise tag him in the coming off-season, but I imagine the Ravens seeing this happening right before the playoffs may have had enough and will want to move him this off season. It can be done. The Packers traded Davante Adams to the Raiders before the franchise tag extension deadline. The Ravens can do the same thing this off-season after placing the franchise tag on Jackson.

But again why not take that stance before the beginning of the year if he thought that way?

The only explanation is that he’s playing 3-D chess and hoped it would unfold this way so he could leave the team in the lurch during the playoffs to prove a point and risk destroying his brand (and diminishing his future earnings potential) in the process — or blowing out his knee in week 2 and destroying his entire plan.

I'd need some evidence to believe such wild speculation.

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

But again why not take that stance before the beginning of the year if he thought that way?

Are you suggesting he's not really injured? I said he doesn't want to risk further injury without the financial security. It's not like he can't get top 3 quarterback money from a QB desperate team next off-season without playing these playoffs. How is that wild speculation in this day and age? Come on man.

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Are you suggesting he's not really injured? I said he doesn't want to risk further injury without the financial security. It's not like he can't get top 3 quarterback money from a desperate team next off-season without playing these playoffs. How is that wild speculation in this day and age? Come on man.

No, I thought you were arguing that haha. Seems we are violently agreeing!

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2020 at 12:53 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I'll bite. Probably going to be an unpopular opinion but I think that not only is Jackson tradeable but also that Baltimore should consider moving him soon, i.e. after next season. Both his conventional and advanced numbers are textbook examples of random walk. If one wished to stay true to analytics and probability, sell high.