Lamar Jackson not practicing today?

kevinc855

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm starting to wonder about this injury.  If the Ravens feel he is sitting out due to contract status rather than real injury then suddenly he is a possibility to be moved.  The Ravens do not dick around.

I can’t imagine Lamar sitting out a playoff game that he is able to play in to make a point about a contract. Who in the league would want a guy like that?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm starting to wonder about this injury.  If the Ravens feel he is sitting out due to contract status rather than real injury then suddenly he is a possibility to be moved.  The Ravens do not dick around.

Or Lamar mad at the Ravens not wanting to risk injury

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

I can’t imagine Lamar sitting out a playoff game that he is able to play in to make a point about a contract. Who in the league would want a guy like that?

Jalen Ramsey and his bad back comes to mind. 

Not suggesting Lamar is doing so but there could be a little smoke there

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This thing is trending towards a divorce.

Do it JD 

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Drama Queen Gay GIF by StickerGiant

52 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Jackson's gonna be a Raven the next two seasons. They'll franchise him twice then let him walk.

It's risky to do that. Lamar would suffer from headaches or some other health ailment that would "prevent" him from playing without being fined for holding out. My guess is Lamar will get traded this offseason.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, section314 said:

People are just speculating. Every game he misses costs him millions of dollars on his next deal. 

Just now, ToonforPrez said:

Well I'm sure if he has to go through that nonsense again he will choose not to right?  The guy does deserve to be paid i just don't know if the ravens will pay what he thinks is his value. 

Maybe. This year he played for $20M. The franchise tag is projected at 45.

20 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Jackson's gonna be a Raven the next two seasons. They'll franchise him twice then let him walk.

Franchise him so he can sit out the next two playoffs to avoid injury?  Lamar isn't going to play 17 games of football without a long term deal..

Guys like Lamar can demand to be traded like AJ brown just did. 

• Upvote 1