LaFleur and Jets part ways

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You’re telling me that hiring a 90%-rookie staff was stupid from the outset?

Perhaps I framed it wrong. Of course there needed to be more experience from the trio calling the shots & plays, and even if he was there Knapp wouldn’t/couldn’t have fixed it all himself (and if he could have, then ffs instead hire him to be the OC, QBC, etc.).

I’m merely adding that now, with Saleh on what’s at least a warm seat, an experienced OC (particularly one who was a HC himself in the past) is a particularly good fit.

Not every name coach & just-fired HC wants to hitch his wagon to a rookie HC he’s never worked with, unless he’s accepted his HC’ing days are absolutely over.

From that standpoint then: now, as opposed to 2021, it might be easier to get a decent one to sign on, if he’s savvy enough that he smells blood in the water with our HC. So two of his outcomes are: righting a ship to be seen as a savior, and parlay that into getting another HC; and taking over for Saleh and getting a foot in the door on the HC job here. And surely by now no one points a crooked finger his way blame him if Wilson sucks just as badly as before. And though the O personnel clearly isn’t a finished product, they aren’t nearly a total, barren wasteland of talentless nothings either.

I think I was unclear.  When I wrote "I get you're looking at this year (rather than in the past) but 2 years ago (when we drafted ZW) it would've made sense to have an experienced OC. " I didn't mean to imply that you didn't think the same way.  I tried to convey that with "I get you're looking at this year (rather than in the past)" but I can see how that might be interpreted differently.  

3 hours ago, football guy said:

Yeah its a very tough look. He got a pass with Becton and Mims, but MLF also had a loud voice in other personnel decisions because of how much respect others had for his ability to scout and identify talent that fit within his scheme. He was personally on-board and even petitioned to acquire Zach Wilson, Elijah Moore, Michael Carter, Corey Davis, Keelan Cole, and Tevin Coleman last year. He was intimately involved with the decisions to sign Laken Tomlinson, CJ Uzomah, and Tyler Conklin. He was involved with the process that led to us drafting Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall, and Jeremy Ruckert. When you have a lot of displeasure emanating from the very players you petitioned to add while failing to find ways to adequately use those players within your scheme (let alone adjust the scheme to them), that's a problem. 

The one thing that should have been a much bigger concern for the Jets in retrospect: the coaching staff (specifically LaFleur) wanted Sam Darnold. They felt that Zach Wilson had much more upside, but still wanted Darnold. If it wasn't Darnold they wanted Zach- but it was clear the initial desire was not to start with a rookie QB day 1 given how much work it would take to teach him the playbook, depth of the offense, and how to read defenses. Instead of giving the coaching staff a say, Douglas should've just said "this job comes attached with drafting a new QB at #2"... that would've revealed who was most eager to draft and develop a QB

Nothing but excuses for the front office. JD is responsible for the roster regardless of who else wants the players. He's in charge. Stop with the God damn excuses for JD already. He missed on Becton and Wilson, him alone.  JD is an egotistical coward who is passing blame on an OC who he signed off on. He forced Wilson to start those 2 games when White was "hurt" and it cost the Jets dearly. I'm so tired of this front office shtick that you keep pushing out. 

23 hours ago, section314 said:

I think it’s pretty simple. If Zach is going to bust, at least give him the chance to work with a staff that has actually developed NFL QB’s and can handle the responsibility of running an entire offense. MLF and the other dopes on his staff have done everything in their power to destroy Zach, not to mention other guys on the offense questioning the abilities of that staff. This offense didn’t score a TD in three weeks with 4 different QB’s. Let that sink in, and then ask yourself if those guys   were the right guys to have anything to do with a young QB. Zach may bust, but at least he will be doing it with real coaches and not a collection of in over their heads frauds.

Worst fanbase in pro sports

this is the common sense take, but these idiots dont know their head from their ass 

its no surprise Zach ALWAYS looks his best the first game he comes back, and then tanks the longer these idiots are in his ear

Zach needs a ‘reset’ from this GARBAGE STAFF

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 1/13/2023 at 8:52 AM, FactsOnly said:

Worst fanbase in pro sports

this is the common sense take, but these idiots dont know their head from their ass 

its no surprise Zach ALWAYS looks his best the first game he comes back, and then tanks the longer these idiots are in his ear

Zach needs a ‘reset’ from this GARBAGE STAFF

I disagree.

Any fans that are still left of this craptastic team have to be some of the most loyal fans in the world.

12 years w/o a playoff appearance.

usually 20 years between AFC championship appearances

54 years since last Super Bowl appearance

Any other market and this team would have folded like a wet newspaper and moved to another city.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Now he didn't gameplan Garrett Wilson?  The ******* kid had 147 targets.  That is 7th overall. 

How many games was Garret the focus of the offense? how many half did we endure wiht little to not action for our boy? talant win sure. Garret is a baller but LaFluer did him no favors..I mean Im not sure what games you watched. 

14 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

You just hate Zach Wilson come out and say it

Zach Wilson >>>>>>>>> Mike White

Chris Simms, the fact that we are even debating about whether a career 4th string qb is better than the second pick in the draft should tell you something about your anointed golden child Zach

• Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, peebag said:

I disagree.

Any fans that are still left of these craptastic team have to be some of the most loyal fans in the world.

12 years w/o a playoff appearance.

usually 20 years between AFC championship appearances

54 years since last Super Bowl appearance

Any other market and this team would have folded like a wet newspaper and moved to another city.

Chris Simms posting on here to spread his garbage about jets fans being to blame for Zach Wilson suckage 

• Thumb Down 1

On 1/12/2023 at 6:03 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think I was unclear.  When I wrote "I get you're looking at this year (rather than in the past) but 2 years ago (when we drafted ZW) it would've made sense to have an experienced OC. " I didn't mean to imply that you didn't think the same way.  I tried to convey that with "I get you're looking at this year (rather than in the past)" but I can see how that might be interpreted differently.  

Fight me, bitch.

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2023 at 12:55 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

How many games was Garret the focus of the offense? how many half did we endure wiht little to not action for our boy? talant win sure. Garret is a baller but LaFluer did him no favors..I mean Im not sure what games you watched. 

I watched the ones where they kept throwing Garrett Wilson the ball.

• Haha 2

• Mike White - Averages 298 passing yards per game. 
  • Joe Flacco - Averages 262 passing yards per game. 
  • Zach Wilson - Averages 187 passing yards per game. 
And White played a game with 5 broken ribs lol. 
Just curious ... How many TDs ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk