Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

12 hours ago, Drums said:

The rest of the group was alerted by the commotion but by the time they had burst into the room, it was too late. The lifeless body of the woman lay on the floor and the man had already rummaged through her stuff.

“She tried to stab me, then poison me. I don’t know who she was but I had no choice but to do what I did. Look.” He pointed over to the contents of her things, emptied all over the place.

“Poison," Indy said.

They looked around when they noticed the coughing had stopped. She had managed to take one more with her before she died. You see, the day before, Viktoriya Romanov had slipped something into that man’s tea, causing him to develop a cough, stopping his lungs altogether within 24 hours.

Verbal, scum Lover, has been poisoned.

@Verbal you disgusting POS

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

According to the role if one lover does the other dies simultaneously. If verbal and 80 weren't lovers why wasn't there a 3rd death? 

The only thing I can think of is the 3rd person was protected.

lol - we should have killed you yesterday 

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

You mean better than the non existent one on me ? heh 

APE claiming false meta is horsesh*t as well he comes after me every game or damn near every game and I would love for you to go research that to see who's full of sh*t. With that being said I'm not casing APE just making the usual observation which certainly does not make him scum nor me. Also he's in no way going to case me on that stupid sh*t anyhow so I'll leave at that.

How can you call it bullsit and then immediately undermine the comment you made that I called false?

You know damn well the difference between me thinking you’re scum and me busting your balls, the latter being what I do every game.

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

According to the role if one lover does the other dies simultaneously. If verbal and 80 weren't lovers why wasn't there a 3rd death? 

The only thing I can think of is the 3rd person was protected.

Death scene gave us two pieces of info and two deaths. Sk and scum factions were in the game. Aside from that, the rest is assumptions. Pushing theories and assumptions only benefits scum, in that they will nudge us to pursue the wrong things.

If both were lovers, then drums would have shown lover as both roles. My guess is nolder had fun with his role design. JN mods rarely follow the wiki as gospel. 

9 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Yeah...cool... 

Want me to go through and explain my list or does  a gfy suffice.

6 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

You’re aggravation is palpable. I genuinely cannot read it.

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Death scene gave us two pieces of info and two deaths. Sk and scum factions were in the game. Aside from that, the rest is assumptions. Pushing theories and assumptions only benefits scum, in that they will nudge us to pursue the wrong things.

If both were lovers, then drums would have shown lover as both roles. My guess is nolder had fun with his role design. JN mods rarely follow the wiki as gospel. 

So far as I can tell the entire point of the lover role is the linked death. So if there was none it makes no sense to me. 

Idgaf if people have an issue with talking about it to try and understand what happened.

The reason I'm voting smash is because I thought he'd end up dead last night. It's a bit tin foil hat so I won't get into it at this time. It's entirely based on my observations and assumptions. I'd feel better about it if we knew WTF was up with the lover thing.

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So far as I can tell the entire point of the lover role is the linked death. So if there was none it makes no sense to me. 

Idgaf if people have an issue with talking about it to try and understand what happened.

The reason I'm voting smash is because I thought he'd end up dead last night. It's a bit tin foil hat so I won't get into it at this time. It's entirely based on my observations and assumptions. I'd feel better about it if we knew WTF was up with the lover thing.

Interesting, I'm Verbals Lover, I thought was obvious w/ the signaling ie; my tongue gif and him dropping some other hints, etc.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2023 at 3:27 PM, Verbal said:

Meh, I admit to slacking today because I couldn't vote and it was the weekend on top of it.

At this point, if I had a vote it would still be on you for the lulz due to D1, but I'd be willing to switch to Pac simply because my "day off" is still more than him, which is really bad.

That said, I recall both peen and smash poking at me earlier in the other thread, but I don't think they followed up on it much.  Seems weird.

Oh, and JiF has some skillz that I'll tell you about later, after my cigarette.  (I don't actually smoke)

On 1/18/2023 at 6:54 AM, JiFields said:

long tongue GIF

I mean, I'm checking prostates w/ this tongue 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Did you forget you made a post claiming APE's conjecture then voted me while doing exactly zero of your own casing ? You will always get questioned on that. I have no reason at all to debate any of the people you mentioned because you posted this crap then you voted me its really that simple. When you actually show me my so called buss attempts I will gladly respect them if they have any basis but if you can't come up with anything then maybe you should question your Simien friend. I notice you calling me a ****head and that's a clear sign you just got your ass kicked now run along and play with the other noobs, noob

Me calling you a ****head is just par for the course around here, it's a clear sign that everyone in here acts like curt ***holes all day, something I can get behind... I'm not taking any of this seriously, definitely not as seriously as you in the moment. Its all conjecture, thats whats voted very little fact and a lot of conjecture ... you want to act like an anal fissure thats fine it not gonna get my vote off you though ... go with God and die in peace.

37 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yeah, remember when I would be obstinate just for the sake of being obstinate. I was an awful player.

Its just advice that I was given many times, Barry. Do what you want. 

31 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Interesting, I'm Verbals Lover, I thought was obvious w/ the signaling ie; my tongue gif and him dropping some other hints, etc.

It was. He was super over-the-top calling signals about intimacy out to you. I just figured let it play out.

Just now, JiFields said:

Joke?  Cant tell, because the signals were from Verbal, not me.

It was all verbal. And really no idea why he’s signal if you already knew you were lovers. Signaling is usually for people to find each other, more like symp not lover. That’s why it’s confusing.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

It was all verbal. And really no idea why he’s signal if you already knew you were lovers. Signaling is usually for people to find each other, more like symp not lover. That’s why it’s confusing.

Very confused, wasnt sure why he was doing it but he was also very upset about me leaning into the emo vs. 80.  You'll see in our PM, it was all an act and he was upset about it, should have figured that he wasnt trust worthy has he was really worried about dying and I was like, why?  We can vet each other.

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Jesus, stop.

The details of the scenes make it clear they targeted each other. They weren’t lovers. It would have been in 80’s role title. Are you really this bad or scum?

Yeah. Any discussion past this is really not helpful. Those two dummies live to snuff one another. Smash hasn’t reacted the way I’d expect him to react to pressure, it’s like he’s trying to stay cool and calm on purpose. 

Plus I’m not sure his reads have changed much since the start of the game and that’s not a good sign for town. Town reads evolve, scum typically don’t as much. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2023 at 5:54 AM, JiFields said:

long tongue GIF

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

58 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I mean, I'm checking prostates w/ this tongue 

5 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Joke?  Cant tell, because the signals were from Verbal, not me.

O ok not from you eh ? I will admit I missed the part of the post where Verbal mentioned the Cigarette . But don't say you weren't signaling

11 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

@Integrity28 's case from what I garnered from the above is that verbal and smash tried bussing Pac. 

Verbal tried to connect Ape to  Pac alluding to Ape defending Pac to sow doubt around Ape. Verbal knowing Pac is scum would be trying to take out the number one threat in all of mafia-dom ... Ape (at least thats how Ape sees it)

Smash Votes Pac and then unvotes him once theres some steam under the guise of bringing him into the game from inactivity because he doesnt actually want to get his scum ally killed.

My only qualm on the Pac train was none of it was based on his action... it was based on his inaction and how others used that. Two scum could be bussing an inactive townie and targeting ape for FOS at the same time. 

For that I would think Smash is the better target than Pac.

So I say hey ****head lets talk this through and I'm  the *****bag.

You know as townies we could speak plainly to garner a consensus.... but **** it let the circlejerk of narcissism going.

Vote Smash

This post rings town to me

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Wow APE all verbal ? Nonsense ! as is your ridiculous day 1 case on PAC . With all this poop you are flinging you're looking as scummy as it gets

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Drums said:

Ok, @Jetsfan80 will take over VCs until I get back — sometime between 4:30-5 EST. Good luck. 

You’ve got it boss.

Ok guys looks like I’m in charge, and I can already tell you that’s not a wise decision.  

I don’t have @Nolder’s setup but if you guys come to a lynch before @Drums returns I’ll take an educated guess, write a scene and get us to night phase anyways.  

Signed,

Your Pro-Town Serial Killer Assistant to the Interim Mod

P.S. Haha @Verbal you suck

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Yeah...cool... 

Want me to go through and explain my list or does  a gfy suffice.

Just seeing if i should follow the Ape playbook.

7 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

An obvious Hamlet reference, which I'm sure you know, pointed towards how hard Smash is going in against his current growing vote... too hard.

59 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You’re aggravation is palpable. I genuinely cannot read it.

Awwww thank you.

Some people use emotion as a tool. Other's let emotion use them.

14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This is the sequence I’m referring to. Verbal is being coy, but clearly trying to undermine me and tie me to pac.

I was curious how he didn’t know what I meant re: spirit of play. I walked right into this.

vote pac

Still like smash for scum, too. Not as much a case though, mostly gut. For pac it looks like verbal was tying me to someone he knew was scum.

This is really good, and it's weird it hasn't gotten more attention.

Vote Pac

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Me calling you a ****head is just par for the course around here, it's a clear sign that everyone in here acts like curt ***holes all day, something I can get behind... I'm not taking any of this seriously, definitely not as seriously as you in the moment. Its all conjecture, thats whats voted very little fact and a lot of conjecture ... you want to act like an anal fissure thats fine it not gonna get my vote off you though ... go with God and die in peace.

Thanks for the Mafia lesson on name calling I'm well aware of that and I was messing with you so calm down LOL.

Keep your vote on me Im good with that :)

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

Oh and BTW I'm still waiting for your case on me Bussing folks because I'm 100 % sure you went back to vett what Monkey Breath was saying right ? I mean you just didn't read his asshat post and take that crap as a case right ?