Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

44 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

A good, objective, non-sycophantic summary on Joe Douglas here.

Basically he’s been ripped off a bunch of times but that’s been swept under the collective consciousness by the Adams and Darnold trades.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2023/03/26/ny-jets-gm-joe-douglas-line-sand/

According to this basically everything JD has done is bad.  

• Haha 1

Confirmed AR will join today, tomorrow or Wednesday. Just tested positive for the flu. Been waiting to pop a bottle of champagne and eat a wagyu steak I have (in the freezer) when this trade goes through.

Knowing my luck. It’ll happen when I feel like sh*t.

33 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Is there something I'm missing here? Isn't Dead $ still applicable, no matter what?

image.png.bab363805f9ac31e094e671674aebeb1.png

You are seeing the dead cap the Rams would take on, not his new team. The Prorated Bonus column does not follow the player. Stafford doesn't have guaranteed money after 2024 so no dead cap for the new team.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Confirmed AR will join today, tomorrow or Wednesday. Just tested positive for the flu. Been waiting to pop a bottle of champagne and eat a wagyu steak I have (in the freezer) when this trade goes through.

Knowing my luck. It’ll happen when I feel like sh*t.

Go to bed...

Your fever is making you delirious...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/26/2023 at 7:55 AM, ChewyandtheJets said:

Be pretty painful to be on the hook for something like $50+ million in dead cap money and also a second round pick in the year 2025 when Rodgers almost surely won’t be playing. 

This. That is why Aaron has a negative trade value. No way I take Aaron at that cap AND giving up a high draft pick. Hope he goes back to GB

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

There are no rules saying Rodgers can't practice with our players. Just can't be at a team facility. If I were him I'd make a public announcement that is his intention, Packers would trade him so he doesn't get injured.

If he gets injured outside of the facility they will go after his guaranteed money. Any training done outside of the facility is not covered by your contract and can breach your contract. And they would for sure go after him if he gets hurt practicing with Jets players

Here's the crux of the issue with JD. You can draft the offensive and defensive players of the year but ultimately the only thing that matters is getting the QB position right.  He failed at that but he's getting a one in a million chance to bail himself out with Rodgers. It better work out or he'll be gone for sure

13 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

Agreed.

Furthermore, the "overpay" is a bad team tax that must be paid to get players to come here. I am not a JD apologist and he has made his share of bad moves. But there are a few things everyone should keep in mind before complaining he sucks:

1)  Adam Gase influenced JD's early drafting. Most GM's try to do their best to appease the coaching staff.

2)  Our roster is stronger and deeper than it has been in years.

3)  We are competitive for the first time in a long time.

All considered, he is the best GM we've had in a while. Not perfect... but waaaay better than the chuckleheads before him.

He's the best GM many of us have ever seen unless your Fandom goes back farther than 20 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If it could get done before this year's draft, where he's in camp the whole spring/summer, I could stomach maxing out at something like (chart value listed first):

• 100: swap 1sts this year (2 slots)
  • 470-480: one of this year's 2nds (42 or 43; I wouldn't walk over it)
  • ~25-30: a day 3 pick in '24 (worst case for GB should be a bottom-half 4th rounder, unless the Jets make the SB or something)
  • ~10-15: another day 3 pick tbd in '25 if Rodgers plays >50% of the snaps in '24 (the main conditional part of the deal)

Nominally GB could save some face by making the case it adds up to a #30-31 overall pick (i.e round 1) value. For the Jets it wouldn't feel anything like that, as it's spread over 3 seasons without actually giving up a 1st rounder who can be retained for a cheaper, 5th option season, and still retain picks in both rounds 1 and 2 this year (maybe more if they trade down from #13). Plus there's no chance the Jets end up forking over the #20 pick in '24 for a mega-expensive 1 & done season followed by a big, accelerated cap hit that same year.

We're not there yet, though. As of today I'm still sticking to something like that without a 1st round swap, or with something involving Davis (if we're just going to sign OBJ anyway). If they want a big upgrade to next year's pick if we make the SB with Rodgers, yeah I'm on board with that.

• I don't know that Davis (even at just 28 yrs old) has much trade value at his full salary - and don't know how much GB specifically values him - but it won't be literally nothing, as they should want a veteran starting WR for Love, plus could recoup a comp pick for him if they let his contract expire. GB could/should also put a salary squeeze on him in late Aug with an opportunity to earn it back if he's healthy: they'd have this leverage, as no one else is offering Davis $10MM+ for just the 2023 season at that late stage of the offseason; either way they'd be in line for a comp pick if he isn't retained.

Of course I prefer your deal to mine.  I hope it plays out that way.  We will see.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

You are seeing the dead cap the Rams would take on, not his new team. The Prorated Bonus column does not follow the player. Stafford doesn't have guaranteed money after 2024 so no dead cap for the new team.

So why would the Rams trade him and incur that hit?

If they did, what would they ask in return? They’re not going to give him away any more than the Ravens or Packers will give away their QBs.

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

They’re not going to give him away any more than the Ravens or Packers will give away their QBs.

2 entirely different scenarios.

Ravens want to keep LJ desperately, but in-line with Josh Allen. They are using other teams to help LJ realize his limited options at his requested price point.

GB is desperate to move on from Rodgers, as they have stated publicly, and go with Love. They hope to obtain as much as possible for Rodgers on his way out the door.

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Then why would GB grant permission to engage in talks with AR? Why would they allow for any ambiguity in this regard?

That is what I was wondering and I heard on the radio from a local reporter that:

GB wanted the trade parameters agreed upon before the Jets flew to CA but the two sides couldn't come to an immediate agreement and...

Rodgers made his decision so late in the game(eve of FA) and the Jets needed to meet with him ASAP to see if he would play with them.   If not then they would have to quickly transition to their other options such as:

Carr or FA QB.

Thats what the reporter heard and it makes sense.   Yes, Ideally a deal should have been agreed upon in the beginning but he didn't decide to play until the last minute.

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

???‍♂️

Way to kill leverage New York… Smfh 

Another talking head that knows nothing about what the Jets are doing behind the scenes. No one knows. They don’t leak stuff unless they want it leaked. Important difference. We could be on the phone with Lamar right now and then someone reports the Jets are talking to LJ and the Packers deal gets done. At the very least, this is leverage because there is an option that is there for them. Leverage to the Jets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’d rather run Zach out there again than either of those two.

Lying is not a good look, just to underscore your argument. Teddy is a very competent Qb. 

image.thumb.png.2727a1227d64333ccad271063eba83f9.png

His avg. Qb rating far exceeds anything the Jets have had over the last 4 years.

10 minutes ago, ptisme said:

GB wanted the trade parameters agreed upon before the Jets flew to CA but the two sides couldn't come to an immediate agreement and...

Thats what the reporter heard and it makes sense.   Yes, Ideally a deal should have been agreed upon in the beginning but he didn't decide to play until the last minute.

That makes no sense. It would have given GB an exponentially greater amount of leverage to hold firm until the Jets agreed to a specific compensation package before allowing them to speak to Rodgers. 

Packers agreed but then realized Rodgers was excited to join the Jets and they realized they were going to look like fools agreeing to offer AR at that compensation. They are in CYA negotiations as we speak, hoping JD will give them more….. not if Rodgers has anything to say about it 

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, ptisme said:

That is what I was wondering and I heard on the radio from a local reporter that:

Rodgers made his decision so late in the game(eve of FA) and the Jets needed to meet with him ASAP to see if he would play with them.   If not then they would have to quickly transition to their other options such as:

Carr or FA QB.

bro you really think Hackett and the Jets were in the dark about Rodgers wanting to be a jet up until the eve of FA?? I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

That makes no sense. It would have given GB an exponentially greater amount of leverage to hold firm until the Jets agreed to a specific compensation package before allowing them to speak to Rodgers. 

Packers agreed but then realized Rodgers was excited to join the Jets and they realized they were going to look like fools agreeing to offer AR at that compensation. They are in CYA negotiations as we speak, hoping JD will give them more….. not if Rodgers has anything to say about it 

It makes perfect sense that:

A. The two sides couldn't come to an immediate agreement so:

B. Jets were allowed to talk to Rodgers without an agreement because they had just a few days to convince him to play for them before moving on to Carr.

What ur saying actually makes no sense and is ur opinion and hasn't been reported by anyone...   Send me a link from a report/reporter or don't bother responding as I won't read it...