Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

5 minutes ago, Wit said:

He said right now it would be bad faith negotiation with Lamar…. That doesn’t mean he can’t quickly pivot to him in good faith if things really fell through. Jd has to kiss Rodgers ring for now and not risk him blowing this up and just retiring.

Neither of these GM's will let things "really fall through".   The worst that will happen is it keeps dragging on.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Our GM said today, pretty unequivocally, that we’re all-in on Rodgers and don’t have a plan B. 

He literally and I mean this literally - that said that he has a plan.  And is happy with his plan.  With respect, did you listen to it?

I got the sense, surely they're all in on Rodgers but that he does, in fact, have a plan if this falls through.

The reality is - he knows it, GB knows it and Rodgers knows it - that Rodgers will be a Jet it's just a matter of when GB is going to suck it up and take what's on the table.  

They don't have a choice.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Having lived through the Favre drama in 2008, the appearance on Gretta VanSusteran etc...  I didn't think lightning could strike twice.  Now here I stand holding Aaron Rodgers beer and watching him once again get the better of Favre....

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Just keep to the original offer... period stop.... make them honor the deal. Don't lower it, because that would also be in bad faith... Just keep the original deal until they accept it.

I'd take the original deal. However, if they insist on renegotiating regardless, as I can't force them to be honorable, then they'll find they will not be rewarded for their position, and there is nothing in bad faith about that. 

40 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Could we just stop on the assumption the packers moved the goal post?   no reports indicate that.

It's quiet possible they are indeed waiting for certain dates or contract revisions. I've stated that previously on this board. However, I have nothing better, Jets wise, to speculate about. Which is probably why we're on page 342 and everyone is still talking about this even though it may be a simple matter of waiting. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I'd take the original deal. However, if they insist on renegotiating regardless, as I can't force them to be honorable, then they'll find they will not be rewarded for their position, and there is nothing in bad faith about that. 

What were the terms of the original deal?  Oh that's right, were speculating based on a speculation...   NVM...

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

It's quiet possible they are indeed waiting for certain dates or contract revisions. I've stated that previously on this board. However, I have nothing better, Jets wise, to speculate about. Which is probably why we're on page 342 and everyone is still talking about this even though it may be a simple matter of waiting. 

That would make sense but then why would Rodgers come out and announce the only thing holding the trade up is compensation.   Also the Packers didn't do anything in FA indicating they are ready to take on the entire cap hit with a pre june 1 trade.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Did you mean to quote my comment with that?  If so I'm not following where ur going:)

No this was from the ESPN link. Took a screenshot.

“Gutenkurst would not rule out  this lasting into the summer”

Regarding a 1st round pick:

“That’s not a necessity. I think fair value for the player is important “

He doesn’t have a strong hand to play

Edited by 32EBoozer

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

“Gutenkurst would not rule this lasting into the summer”

He did say right after that he wants all the picks with a laugh after.

39 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

“Gutenkurst would not rule out  this lasting into the summer”

Neither team does.   The horse has been beaten dead

9 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I now want GB to get stuck with the tab on Rodgers.  Trade Wilson and a 5th rounder to Indy for Minshew.

I wouldn’t mind seeing this either.

It’s clear Douglas is willing to sell out for AR though.

All the talk about “culture” just went up in smoke with the acknowledgment of legit OBJ interest.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3