Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Goodness, if this deal happens, the arrogant Packers GM might get an extension from the board of directors on the spot.

To steal a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year that could easily become a 1st for a player you are dying to move on from and clear off your books?

He just got one last year

17 minutes ago, Jojo's jets said:

Why not ? You act like we won a Superbowl 5 years ago and several others before that. 

I have never seen the Jets in the Super Bowl, they currently hold the longest playoff draught in sports...idk...I dont think I am doing that.

I think the issue is; the Jets will not win the Super Bowl because Aaron Rodgers, doesnt care about winning Football games, he cares about his ego and this will famously backfire in typical Jets fashion....and then issue starts all over again!  Who is going to play QB for the NY Jets part eleventy billion! 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

LMAO Andy Reid legit has no clue who Jordan Love is 

Packers are in deep doo doo entrusting their franchise to a kid who wasn’t even good in college

So yeah that’s a cut on Love but what about Reid?    Memory starting to slip?    He game planned for a week on Jordan Love

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

obviously that’s not going to happen.

Point is the Jets have leverage.

The one thing that could turn this entire thing is if Love were to get injured before a deal gets done.

In that case GB would pivot back to Rodgers and find a way to make it work.

I don’t think so.  If Love gets hurt the tank is on.   GB and NY have way more appreciation for negotiations than dipshlt fans on messsage boards 

18 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I didn’t say Burger at all for submission. I would expect center from Minnesota to start day one. They evidently love this kid. The OT @ 13 would obviously be in the rotation. and provide depth. Defensive tackle would also be put in the rotation with Thomas and JFM. Linebacker would obviously watch Kwan or Mosley And be developed.

There is no OL rotation; there are only starters and depth backups who are on the field when the starters get injured. You draft an OT at #13 overall then he’s starting unless you picked really badly. A center picked in the early 40s is likewise expected to start right away.

There are a few teams who reportedly “love” Schmitz, including the Rams, Seahawks, Vikings, Steelers, and has been projected to any number of teams including those, the Jets, Miami, and I’m sure others. Then again, they say that about every team with any number of prospects every year in the weeks leading up to the draft.

I don’t at all object to a 1st round tackle, nor a 2nd round center, but don’t love-love a rookie C and a rookie tackle both starting from week 1. Plenty of elite OL prospects weren’t elite as rookies, and this is an all-in season not a developmental one so I’m kinda yikes with pushing all the chips in on going 2-of-2 on instant-starters at 2 OL positions. Naturally it’s awesome if that works out, but there are more possibilities other than only looking hard at the optimistic outcome. 

Anyway, if they’re not going to be outright starters this season, I’m not seeing the desperation over picking those positions specifically in this draft. I’m on board with it, but that doesn’t make them all outright, immediate needs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ptisme said:

In other words if Rodgers would have STFU and let the two sides negotiate this deal was done...  Maybe he can go on PM today and throw another wrench in the cog.

Can you blame him though?

He’s still human with feelings… 

Ramsey was in LA for 3 seasons and they literally took less in the deal with Miami just to make Ramsey happy, the pats put in Brady final contract the condition that he couldn’t be franchised so he could go where he wanted.

This is the greatest packer ever and most of the packers fans are happy the team is doing this to him

Packers are a complete embarrassment and this is not a good look for the organization

Ive said it numerous times, AR has a negative trade value due to his contract, age, regression and willingness to leave GB. Two seconds is a massive throwaway for AR. If it was 2-3 years ago, absolutely. That fetches more than just two 2nds. But not now. The only way this makes it better for us is if AR plays all games the next 2 years (highly unlikely) at a level he has been playing (highly unlikely) and takes us deep into the playoffs (unlikely) with his 40+ year old body. He’s no Brady. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Can you blame him though?

He’s still human with feelings… 

Ramsey was in LA for 3 seasons and they literally took less in the deal with Miami just to make Ramsey happy, the pats put in Brady final contract the condition that he couldn’t be franchised so he could go where he wanted.

This is the greatest packer ever and most of the packers fans are happy the team is doing this to him

Packers are a complete embarrassment and this is not a good look for the organization

Wrong.   It’s time to move on.    And yes.   Stay quiet until the deal is signed.   He’s your problem now.   We’ll see how sympathetic you are next year at this time when he’s waffling around till the last minute 

Just now, JiF said:

If only there was another better option who is in his mid 20's available....

Oh I would have  preferred Lamar, you know that. Just don’t think he’s breaking free from Baltimore and they are just letting it play out. I truly think they match any offer and keep him. So, I couldn’t get too excited. Never thought Rodgers as the best choice between those two, more like the only choice between those two. Same reason we want him so bad is why Baltimore isn’t letting him go. I think it hit this far because he doesn’t have an actual agent and the process became clunky. He’s a Raven and will remain a Raven. 

• Upvote 1

So we gave up Elijah Moore, a third round pick, and a second round pick next year.  If that would have been the deal straight up I think it would be easier for you guys to swallow.  Because I don't think we were big fans of E Moore around here anyway.

It's a decent deal assuming he plays both years and is actually still playing at a top 5 level.

Let's win some games.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, neckdemon said:

You must have missed the part where we get back a draft pick if he doesn't play a 2nd year

The "give-back" idea is absurd.   I'd prefer this instead:  2023 2nd + a conditional 2025 pick if he decides to play in 2024.  Nothing in 2024.  

I wouldn’t mind seeing this either.
It’s clear Douglas is willing to sell out for AR though.
All the talk about “culture” just went up in smoke with the acknowledgment of legit OBJ interest.
Zach bashers unite !!!

It's Rodgers or Wilson my friends.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

So we gave up Elijah Moore, a third round pick, and a second round pick next year.  If that would have been the deal straight up I think it would be easier for you guys to swallow.  Because I don't think we were big fans of E Moore around here anyway.

It's a decent deal assuming he plays both years and is actually still playing at a top 5 level.

Let's win some games.

Yep, that’s all that needs to be said. Thanks RT. 

7 hours ago, JETS SB said:

This seems ok but honestly, I would be ok just giving them the first this year and be done with it except for protection if he doesn't  play in 2024. We aren't  getting studs in this draft. At best we get someone who helps. Everyone is overvalueing this pick. 

This is still a young team, even if we bring on Rodgers and OBJ. I’m willing to derail the plan for two years of winning football. After those two years, this is still going to be a very talented team. Yes we’ll need a QB but we’ll worry about that then. 

• Upvote 1

Wrong.   It’s time to move on.    And yes.   Stay quiet until the deal is signed.   He’s your problem now.   We’ll see how sympathetic you are next year at this time when he’s waffling around till the last minute 
Eh ... Both fan bases are left wanting a better deal .. so in the end it's a pretty fair negotiated outcome

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

The 2nd round pick this year was inevitable.  In addition, I believe we were informed that adding or subtracting mid to lower round picks based on which team eats more of the salary issue for Rodgers and for Davis as well.  So there are multiple issues affecting picks.  Rodgers value as a player in the trade combined with all the contractual money issues.  

These tweets are all presumptions.  Can we stop assuming they know what they are talking about.

49 minutes ago, JiF said:

lmfao they're doing all this, for 1 shot at glory. 

Oh Jets, never change.

Giving up a couple second round picks doesn't tank a franchise.  We still have a few good picks this year, and appear to be building a pretty solid offense around an all time QB while the defense was top 5 last year and should still be strong.

There is legitimate reason for optimism around a potential deep playoff run for at least this coming year if not the next two years.

8 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Giving up a couple second round picks doesn't tank a franchise.  We still have a few good picks this year, and appear to be building a pretty solid offense around an all time QB while the defense was top 5 last year and should still be strong.

There is legitimate reason for optimism around a potential deep playoff run for at least this coming year if not the next two years.

The issue is, the Jets are scared out of their wazooo, he wont play another season or at least that's what this report is sharing.

And when was the the last time Aaron Rodgers went on a "deep playoff run"?   In the NFC nonetheless...

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Goodness, if this deal happens, the arrogant Packers GM might get an extension from the board of directors on the spot.

To steal a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year that could easily become a 1st for a player you are dying to move on from and clear off your books?

We're not going to, much less winning, the Super Bowl this season with Rodgers. Trading anything above a 3rd for one year of Rodgers is insane.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

We're not going to, much less winning, the Super Bowl this season with Rodgers. Trading anything above a 3rd for one year of Rodgers is insane.

Seems like this is the way it was heading once Douglas traded Moore to move up to a second rounder. It’ll be interesting to see what the cap implications are if Rodgers doesn’t play two seasons. And if he doesn’t play in season two does this mean it’s Wilson?  It’s going to be interesting. I know I can’t wait for the season to start.

Interesting argument.

The Jets have the leverage and would have even more if the owner wasn’t an idiot and hadn’t laid all his cards out on the table ahead of time.

The Jets have options.  They are not all inspiring, but they are options:

— Sign Lamar, cough up the two 1sts

— Trade for Tannehill

— Trade for Trey Lance

— Sign Teddy as 1y stopgap 

— Trade for Stafford

— What good teams do, find a QB in the draft.  They could trade up to #3 if they want and take BY or Levis.

The Packers have exactly one option:

Trade AR to the Jets

There are zero other suitors 

None of those qbs are available for trade regardless how many times people around here bring them up

27 minutes ago, ptisme said:

I agree he will do this to us next year or maybe just to further spite you guys maybe he tells us early? But tbh I’m not the type to roll in mud and not expect to get dirty 

Besides tell Gluty it’s time to move on:

Joe Douglas: “That would negotiating in bad faith” - these comments were a direct shot at the packers. They look terrible 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

This seems ok but honestly, I would be ok just giving them the first this year and be done with it except for protection if he doesn't  play in 2024. We aren't  getting studs in this draft. At best we get someone who helps. Everyone is overvalueing this pick. 

perhaps, but JD may be planning a trade down from 13 to add more picks so he can populate this roster around Rodgers together with the vets for the next year or two.  It hasn't been talked about much, but unless a specific player they love happens to fall to 13, a trade down for picks makes sense to me.

• Upvote 1