Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

If the jets don’t complete this trade JD has egg all over his face especially after saying Aaron will be here.

Fans will be pissed. jets will miss the playoffs. And everyone will be fired. 

Or tell the Packers to kick rocks, trade up to 3 with the cards and draft Levis. Then sign Bridgewater as a bridge. 

• Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

If the jets don’t complete this trade JD has egg all over his face especially after saying Aaron will be here.

Fans will be pissed. jets will miss the playoffs. And everyone will be fired. 

This will happen regardless in 2024 when the jets have no qb, no cap space, and no first rd pick for capitulating to GB demands. Getting Rodgers delays this a few months but makes the future even more bleak after he retires. 

6 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Or tell the Packers to kick rocks, trade up to 3 with the cards and draft Levis. Then sign Bridgewater as a bridge. 

Outside of stroud and young I don’t really like any qbs in this draft. I especially hate Anthony Richardson. I think he will be an epic bust.

1 qb I wouldn’t hate would by hooker in the 2nd or 3rd but even there I’m hesitant because he would miss the whole first season and he will also be 26 before he ever takes a single snap.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

We have no viable option at all other than Rodgers.

Stafford is going back to the Rams after his extension.

Tennessee has said they are keeping Tanehill and even if they draft a QB they are not starting a guy like richardson day one and if we really wanted tanehill we would still have to trade for him.

We are not drafting a QB early.

We are not going after Lamar.

We have one choice so there is no pivoting.  This is the reason the packers can and are being a royal pain in the ass.

There’s nothing stopping us from going after Lamar. He’s been my first preference all along. My guess is that JD doesn’t want to commit to all that guaranteed money. I would love to see the Jets pivot though just to screw GB up the ass.

• More Ugh 1

26 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

There’s nothing stopping us from going after Lamar. He’s been my first preference all along. My guess is that JD doesn’t want to commit to all that guaranteed money. I would love to see the Jets pivot though just to screw GB up the ass.

Do you want Wilson and Hardman and Lazard to request a trade?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Tennessee has said they are keeping Tanehill and even if they draft a QB they are not starting a guy like richardson day one and if we really wanted tanehill we would still have to trade for him.

We have one choice so there is no pivoting.  This is the reason the packers can and are being a royal pain in the ass.

i agree.

but i think we could draft someone but that would mean that we would have to give up on Rodgers by the draft which i dont think will happen. we have two #2s . we could use one to move up to get someone. i dont follow college so im not sure if any QB is worth it.

Still feel like there’s I dunno - a 99.99% chance this is done. Rodgers is in his off-season training program, he’s playing. The Packers have moved on, Love is their QB1 and they are moving forward as such in OTAs. The Jets are the only team in the trade conversation, they are 100% committed to AR12.

This is a done deal and it would take a really dramatic happening to change things. Everybody involved knows it. I wouldn’t be surprised if we found out after the trade that a deal had been done for weeks and they’ve just been waiting to see draft day availability or a salary cap date.

I miss the old bills fan who used to troll here...  hamatsomething or another. ... although I didn't think so at the time,  compared to what the cats been dragging in latley, he was tolerable and coherent.

The new one(s) are a mix of persistence and plain stupid ignorance. 

Plus they think Will Levis is an actual QB prospect ?????.

The last couple years between idiot BYU fans, Bills fans, and now Packers fans with nothing better to do than come here to our little corner for "conversation" has been unpalatable.

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I miss the old bills fan who used to troll here...  hamatsomething or another. ... although I didn't think so at the time,  compared to what the cats been dragging in latley, he was tolerable and coherent.

The last couple years between idiot BYU fans, Bills fans, and now Packers fans with nothing better to do than come here to our little corner for "conversation" has been unpalatable.

I actually want the jets to get Rodgers and Levis for the future

?

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

**** em, roll with Wilson.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

55 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The more I think about this trade I have no clue why it’s not a simple pick swap of 13 and 15 and pick 43. Over and done with. Nothing next year and beyond.

Agree. Said the same about a month ago.

However, I think there may now be a scenario where the Jets give GB a 1 this year...and it may not happen until draft night. It's possible that the Jets have told GB that they want to see if they can trade down from 13 and get more picks in rounds 2 and/or 3. Once they trade down, they will then trade the #1 pick they get to GB...albeit a lower pick than 13.

Pure speculation but one scenario that would explain the "99% done" rumors yet no official announcement as of yet.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

**** em, roll with Wilson.

The problem is the front office and coaching staff flapped heir gums and promised a vet starter, they would look like utter tools and failures if they did that and this fan base would riot.

The time to get tough was at the start of this process.  They should have contacted packers and rodgers and given then a short term strict deadline.  The jets were so terrified of offending rodgers they said take all the time you need!  When they should have been saying you have a week or two weeks or whatever meshed with just before FA.  Make it clear they very much want him but tell him we need an answer very soon.

In any case that is all water under the bridge, the jets will get rodgers.  It's just more painful than it should have been.

27 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Meh I don’t mind fans from other teams posting here. Nice to get an outside perspective. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

This will happen regardless in 2024 when the jets have no qb, no cap space, and no first rd pick for capitulating to GB demands. Getting Rodgers delays this a few months but makes the future even more bleak after he retires. 

Let's say Rodgers plays well in 2023 and then retires.  He helps develop the offense.  The Jets spread his cap space of the remaining option over 2024 and 2025.  His protege, Zach Wilson, starts.  Our QB cap budget is about $35mm-not cheap, but not overwhelming.  Hopefully JD drafted another QB for the pipeline.

If Zach plays well, he gets an extension or a non-exclusive tag.  Otherwise he just walks. Hopefully the Jets are drafting high in 2025 and can find another QB.  Hopefully there are some QBs on staff who can play while the new QB gets adjusted.   I don't think we should be counting on Zach voluntarily signing up to play for the Jets.

I do think Woody may be more involved here because he realizes that JD is playing with house money.  JD and Saleh know that when a GM screws up a top 2 pick as generationally as JD and his team screwed up Zach Wilson (and has bad as Saleh and his team coached him), they are almost always all fired.  JD/Saleh are getting another chance with Rodgers, even for a year.  I think if Rodgers gets the Jets to the playoffs, JD/Saleh get a year past Rodgers.   That will be their last year here unless for some reason they have a transition play to be good after Rodgers leaves.  That will be harder if Rodgers is here 2 years, because then Zach will be gone, and Rodgers will cost like $25mm for two years of not playing here.  At least Zach gives us a chance of elite QB.  

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The problem is the front office and coaching staff flapped heir gums and promised a vet starter, they would look like utter tools and failures if they did that and this fan base would riot.

The time to get tough was at the start of this process.  They should have contacted packers and rodgers and given then a short term strict deadline.  The jets were so terrified of offending rodgers they said take all the time you need!  When they should have been saying you have a week or two weeks or whatever meshed with just before FA.  Make it clear they very much want him but tell him we need an answer very soon.

In any case that is all water under the bridge, the jets will get rodgers.  It's just more painful than it should have been.

geez - this crap again

i'm sure you will duck this like you've ducked my questions i've asked a half dozen times.

what happens when rodgers and/or the packers don't give the jets an answer on their timeline?  the jets couldn't even talk to rodgers until after carr signed with the saints.

so following your hardline negotiating tactic, we get jimmy glass as our QB?  or gardner minshew?  yippee!!!!!

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Says you 

2 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

geez - this crap again

i'm sure you will duck this like you've ducked my questions i've asked a half dozen times.

what happens when rodgers and/or the packers don't give the jets an answer on their timeline?  the jets couldn't even talk to rodgers until after carr signed with the saints.

so following your hardline negotiating tactic, we get jimmy glass as our QB?  or gardner minshew?  yippee!!!!!

Why isn't Rodgers here then?

19 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Meh I don’t mind fans from other teams posting here. Nice to get an outside perspective. 

I don't mind a little outside perspective.... but fans of opposing teams taking up permanent residence and spending hours a day here becoming one of the sites more active posters over the last couple weeks isnt really a little outside perspective is it?

It's mostly the Will Levis promotion that I find most disgusting. I assume anyone actually advocating for him to be drafted has one of the smoothest brains ever recorded.

4 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Jimmy g has been to a super bowl. He would've been a solid plan b

i mean other than all the games he misses for injury, sure he's ok as a plan b.  at least until he suffers a season-ending injury week 3 and we get 14 weeks of zach

then again, you are a bills fan so you don't really care.  and of course, this has nothing to do with the conversation you felt the need to insert yourself in

18 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

geez - this crap again

No we get Derrick Carr, if not we get jimmy G (yuck) but  guess what?  We get a QB are ready to go, do not have to give draft picks, do not have to have a massive cap charge for years after the Qb leaves.

Right now we have no QB and are twisting in the wind for that reason.

Don;t worry we are going to get Rodgers and all the guys that insisted the packers had no leverage will applaud us giving up two 2nd round picks for a monumental gamble.

37 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Especially with the emergence of Buffalo and Green Bay fans on this site. You have to be very lonely to come on another team’s message board to feel apart of something.

The ESPN boards in the late 90s gave you access to all 32 teams forums with 1 account. It was a constant flame war lol. You never knew where it was going to come from but everyday the fur would fly lol. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Jimmy g has been to a super bowl. He would've been a solid plan b

Correlation is not causation.

Jared Goff, Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, and Colin Kaepernick have all 'been to super bowls' in the last 10 years.  Jimmy G isn't elevating a team.  He was good that one year, but nobody is looking at him as 'the guy' anymore except the Raiders, which should say everything there is to say about that.

• Upvote 2

Just now, nycdan said:

Correlation is not causation.

Jared Goff, Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, and Colin Kaepernick have all 'been to super bowls' in the last 10 years.  Jimmy G isn't elevating a team.  He was good that one year, but nobody is looking at him as 'the guy' anymore except the Raiders, which should say everything there is to say about that.

Exactly...My friend who is Raiders fans is very sad Jimmy G is their QB.