Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

39 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think Green Bay has played this as poorly as any team in their situation could have possibly played it, and all the tangible evidence backs that up.  There were dozens of cap guys expressing how the longer this drags out, the more leverage (yes, I’m using that word) it gives Jets, because the contract and the drafting of Jordan Love created a timeline that conflicts with those two decisions.  Jason from OTC had a, particularly, fantastic video on the subject.  I refuse to believe that an NFL front office wasn’t privy to that information.  Obviously, the Jets ran into a little bit of luck there, in the sense that Rodgers only wants to play here, and the fact that he has the Packers by the balls because of how the payout of the contract was constructed.  Additionally, they are fortunate that no other teams are interested in Aaron, or need him, outside of a team like SF, who Rodgers hates, Green Bay would never, realistically, do business with, due to the fact that they are an in-conference rival.  That makes their intentions here hard to gauge.  Personally?  I think they underestimated Joe Douglas’ willingness to wait this out as long as he has which is, certainly, due to the fact that they hired a coordinator Aaron loves and has familiarity with, so he doesn’t have to come in to learn a new offense or get to know the coach.  Rodgers can, and has, worked with some of his new WRs, so that’s not a concern either.  Now Green Bay is, probably, realizing that sooner would have been better than later.

On the Jets end?  I think Joe Douglas’ only gaffe was getting hammered at the WFAN event and talking about the situation, in any capacity.  That being said, all that did was get the fans riled up and antsy, which isn’t as bad as the consequences Green Bay created for themselves.

They "underestimated" the Jets for good reason. It's the jets. Hahaha, pathetic franchise, insert joke here, just wait and they'll do something dumb. 

Except we have JD. He's not a baffoon. And some fans here want him gone? He's not perfect, but he's the best we've had in 20+ years. He's made mistakes but he's also shown he's learned from them. GB thought JD would somehow be in awe of them and roll over and play dead. It's not happening. JD has walked away from more deals than he's made. He's sets a price and that's it. New sheriff in town fellas.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I missed this. where/when did this happen?

About three weeks ago? I’m surprised you missed it, you’re usually really good with gathering news?

It was something like “of course the compensation changes… everything does. The parameters of the deal will be reset on our side.”

it might have been on the site where @Bobby816 is a mod? (Maybe he remembers it?)

I’m honestly not sure where though, but that quote stuck with me. He definitely said that.

5 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

It’s a good question.  I don’t know, but they are asking for something the Jets aren’t willing to budge on; hence why the trade hasn’t happened.

Conjecture has been an unconditional first round pick next year.  If true, this is a hand GB  will need to fold.

It’s not happening unless the Jets keep all their 2023 picks.

Maybe it’s some form of payback if Rodgers retires early…

Dont know, but there’s clearly a sticking point and my prediction is that the Jets will win the point.

I started this thread with a prediction the Jets would give up a 2nd and a conditional 2024 that could rise to #1 if the Jets make the SB.

In return, the Jets get Rodgers and some relief on his dead cap hit.  Rodgers might also restructure..

If I were the Packers I'd do that condition based on how Rodgers performs, not the Jets success..   Why should the Packers be punished if there is.a rash of injuries on the defense etc...  If Rodgers Performs better than last year and closer to his usual numbers that should be the trigger.   If he performs poorly that should be a lower pick etc...

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

About three weeks ago? I’m surprised you missed it, you’re usually really good with gathering news?

It was something like “of course the compensation changes… everything does. The parameters of the deal will be reset on our side.”

it might have been on the site where @Bobby816 is a mod? (Maybe he remembers it?)

I’m honestly not sure where though, but that quote stuck with me. He definitely said that.

I remember hearing that and finally agreeing with that idiot. He'd do well to accept our beyond generous offer prior to the draft. It'll only get worse when AR shows up to camp and, along with bhaktiari and his guys, turns that locker room against itself.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ptisme said:

If I were the Packers I'd do that condition based on how Rodgers performs, not the Jets success..   Why should the Packers be punished if there is.a rash of injuries on the defense etc...  If Rodgers Performs better than last year and closer to his usual numbers that should be the trigger.   If he performs poorly that should be a lower pick etc...

Maybe Rodgers snaps or starts? Perhaps the conditions be made around how much Rodgers plays, as opposed to how well he or the rest of the team plays.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ptisme said:

I'm ok with this. It should be something like he needs to start at least 14 of 17 games and hits some reasonable production numbers. However, I wouldn't totally get rid of team performance because jets vehemently want to protect against handing over a top half of 1st rd pick. So maybe AR has to start 14 games and Jets need to make the playoffs. That should be easily doable if he's as awesome as GB is selling him and he starts that many games.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I swear this isn’t trolling, but I can see Rodgers starting the season as GBs QB and Zach as ours. 
Don’t tell me you haven’t either, lol.

Please 

The next set of debates here is the day he reports, this Rodgers trade thing will be old news after the draft.

If you still think there is a possibility of Rodgers playing for greenbay…. Idiot Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Dcat said:

That's great so JD can lower the offer

You know what bothers me about this trade?
We all say the GB GM is an idiot for giving Rodgers that contract, but we’re willing to let them have had one last run with him and then take it all off their hands… and pay them draft capital for the privilege of doing so.

And yet the guys in Green Bay are the idiots, right?

(this is how you troll, btw)

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I swear this isn’t trolling, but I can see Rodgers starting the season as GBs QB and Zach as ours. 
Don’t tell me you haven’t either, lol.

your not alone. i find it hard to believe they have no choice but to trade him. 12 months ago they wanted him for 3 years and now they MUST get rid of him. and with that contract they were never going to see Love throw another pass for them. now they need to see him so they didnt waste the pick. and not for one year but for two? 

there is no reason they can't take him back. he gives them one last shot at a SB in a weak NFC. 

i have been checking there message boards and the fans dont want him traded. and the few that do want that #1 or they will take him back. most know they will suck with Love. so the GM is not facing pressure from the fans to make this deal. sounds like he would be in more trouble if he trades him and doesnt get that #1 without conditions.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

A quick peak at the last 2 pages on a Packer Forum.  

Worst deal:

Jets get: Aaron Rodgers+
#15+#78

Packers get: #13+

#42 + #45

Best deal

R42 and 43.

2 good season and total cap disaster in the 3rd season.  That will be nice for the new QB 

I expected them to be asking for more, the way this process has been. Where are the calls for two firsts, Sauce, GW, and Hall?

22 minutes ago, doitny said:

your not alone. i find it hard to believe they have no choice but to trade him. 12 months ago they wanted him for 3 years and now they MUST get rid of him. and with that contract they were never going to see Love throw another pass for them. now they need to see him so they didnt waste the pick. and not for one year but for two? 

there is no reason they can't take him back. he gives them one last shot at a SB in a weak NFC. 

i have been checking there message boards and the fans dont want him traded. and the few that do want that #1 or they will take him back. most know they will suck with Love. so the GM is not facing pressure from the fans to make this deal. sounds like he would be in more trouble if he trades him and doesnt get that #1 without conditions.

Did you also find it hard to believe that jamal adams would be traded after he roasted the coach, gm and owner and then took a flame thrower to Florham Park?

That's about the level of animosity between AR and GB right now. And the jamal situation changed from "he'll be a jet for life" to goner in the course of a month. Many like you which can't understand why he's being traded think everyone is an emotionless robotic chess piece. These people are humans, and feelings matter sometimes and get in the way. They're not just inanimate assets to be used and traded as seen fit...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

At least one report it is finalized tomorrow. I don't know how credible this guy is. It's been out for two hours, and nobody else has reported this:

An Aaron Rodgers to the #Jets trade will be happening tomorrow, per sources. Stay tuned. #NFL #Packers

He has 90 followers and works for SSPN. Hell is SSPN?

Claims to be a jets beat reporter, never heard of him.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, doitny said:

Come On Lol GIF by Sports GIFs

Is Kelly to Allen still a thing? I put it/him/her/they on ignore and it still appears that he/she/they/it is still on a record breaking post streak. 

In other news, SSPN just bought out ESPN for 7.2 billion in stock and cash and appears they are changing the name of Sports Center to SSports Center.  Congrats Jordan. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

They "underestimated" the Jets for good reason. It's the jets. Hahaha, pathetic franchise, insert joke here, just wait and they'll do something dumb. 

Except we have JD. He's not a baffoon. And some fans here want him gone? He's not perfect, but he's the best we've had in 20+ years. He's made mistakes but he's also shown he's learned from them. GB thought JD would somehow be in awe of them and roll over and play dead. It's not happening. JD has walked away from more deals than he's made. He's sets a price and that's it. New sheriff in town fellas.

Sounds like the 12-pick GM we had. Izzadick. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Is Kelly to Allen still a thing? I put it/him/her/they on ignore and it still appears that he/she/they/it is still on a record breaking post streak. 

In other news, SSPN just bought out ESPN for 7.2 billion in stock and cash and appears they are changing the name of Sports Center to SSports Center.  Congrats Jordan. 

Jesus loves you 

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

At least one report it is finalized tomorrow. I don't know how credible this guy is. It's been out for two hours, and nobody else has reported this:

An Aaron Rodgers to the #Jets trade will be happening tomorrow, per sources. Stay tuned. #NFL #Packers

Meh I feel the NFL has took control of the situation and told both parties no deal gets announced till draft we want all the cheap publicity we can get.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2