Zach…….

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

If he does not get fired he gets an extension 

Does jd really deserve a raise for 5 wins per year? 

JD has put together a pretty talented Roster .... We hit a rash of injuries the year before last and severe injuries on the OL at RB that had a big effect on our offense last year that's the nature of the game sometimes. JD is easily the most competent GM we have had here in 40 years maybe ever / He addresses issues year to year as needed and he does it without selling out on the draft and last year he might have had one of the best drafts in the history of the sport. He's not going to have that type of draft every year because no one does ever.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He was the Cards GM in 2022.  Slightly different picture

I was just pointing out that he wasn't fired for drafting Rosen.  Kingsbury had almost nothing to do with drafting Murray.  Kiem hired Kingsbury after he had the first pick.  He was all in on Murray.  He hired Kingsbury who was completely unqualified to be an NFL HC soley to make Murray comfortable.  Keim picked Kingsbury's entire defensive staff.  He picked Steve Wilks entire offensive staff the year before when he drafted Rosen.  I believe they moved up to 10 to do it.

He got canned for a bad contract to Murray.  The owner didn't mind drafting two cheap busts.  It's paying real money for a second tier bust that was his undoing.  It may be one reason Lamar's value has been driven down.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

JD is easily the most competent GM we have had here in 40 years maybe ever 

JD is the best Jets gm at convincing the fans he's great. He's not better than Parcells or even tanny. His w-l record is terrible and the Zach pick might be the worst in team history. 

He's a mediocre gm. Some good, some bad. He's the one signing the injury prone players. He does dumb things too like trading for Joe Flacco, James Robinson and signing Ryan Kalil 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 2

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

JD is the best Jets gm at convincing the fans he's great. He's not better than Parcells or even tanny. His w-l record is terrible and the Zach pick might be the worst in team history. 

He's a mediocre gm. Some good, some bad. He's the one signing the injury prone players. He does dumb things too like trading for Joe Flacco, James Robinson and signing Ryan Kalil 

How exactly does or has JD convinced people he’s a great GM?  Have a great draft? 

Kalil.  When I read that example I automatically check off the dumb argument, dumb post box.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

How exactly does or has JD convinced people he’s a great GM?  Have a great draft? 

Kalil.  When I read that example I automatically check off the dumb argument, dumb post box.

People believe what they want to believe. And Jets fans desperately want to believe JD is awesome 

Why don't we talk about kalil? Joe Douglas gave a guy with a trick neck 8 mil to do nothing. Fun fact they shared an agent at the time. 

Center also remains a huge need. For a former offensive lineman JD has done a terrible job building the line 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

People believe what they want to believe. And Jets fans desperately want to believe JD is awesome 

Why don't we talk about kalil? Joe Douglas gave a guy with a trick neck 8 mil to do nothing. Fun fact they shared an agent at the time. 

Center also remains a huge need. For a former offensive lineman JD has done a terrible job building the line 

You mean we don’t believe you.  
You shouldn’t talk Kalil because your guy, Macc, left the Jets without a C.  Out of desperation, because of your guys negligence, JD was desperate and took a chance on a retired former All Pro who got in shape and wanted to try a comeback.  So get your nonsense right first.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You mean we don’t believe you.  
You shouldn’t talk Kalil because your guy, Macc, left the Jets without a C.  Out of desperation, because of your guys negligence, JD was desperate and took a chance on a retired former All Pro who got in shape and wanted to try a comeback.  So get your nonsense right first.  

The center woes continue, McGovern never lived up to his contract and now he's gone 

and Mac isn't my guy, But JD might be yours 

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The center woes continue, McGovern never lived up to his contract and now he's gone 

and Mac isn't my guy, But JD might be yours 

McGoverns been fine.  The over sell of a C continues.  
I’ve told you JD is my guy.  Numerous times in this thread.  You came back with Macc was better nonsense.  Not me

On 3/9/2023 at 10:07 AM, rangerous said:

How about Rosen or Russell or leaf? Those guys were all toast after one season. But at the same time there are guys like theisman or Gannon or even geno, who took a few seasons to start. Young didn’t too much for Tampa but then had to sit for a while on the niners. And then look at a guy like Doug Williams who was short changed in Tampa but was good enough to lead the redskins to a Super Bowl win.  As for Zach, there’s something Douglas saw in spite of milfy pounding the table for him. He can make some amazing throws and then fail miserably on the gimmes. IMO this takes him needing to learn how to win the game and not take the gimme throws for granted. Every play is important. I don’t think any vet can be expected to be his mentor. The jets need to make sure he gets enough attention from the coaches. Maybe that’s an additional attraction of Rodgers. As I recall sch**ty had little to do with the offense when Favre came on board. And let’s not forget that Zach did qb five of the wins last season. In spite of Zach? Maybe but he was still there.

When he makes a big throw, his mechanics tend to be better.  He can't throw 40 yards unless he gets in the right position.  The "gimmies" he throws across his body, often his body is not facing his target and his footwork is lousy.  Funny thing is the talent is there.  He just can't get the mechanics of quarterbacking right.  Also, he looses focus under pressure, sometimes stops looking downfield and forgets where his options are.

The basic mechanics are troubling.  How did he get to the pros with such terrible mechanics?  How did scouts not pick it up?  Maybe it's because he didn't face much pressure against the weak BYU opponents.  We know he is completely useless under pressure, with a QBR under 20!!!!!!!!!  He was accurate when not pressured.  

Better protection will help a lot.  Still, he will have to learn to process under pressure and stay mechanically sound or, as they do now, teams will sell out on him constantly.  If he can, maybe he can be fixed.  If not, he better invest his contract money well because he is done in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, bitonti said:

1 dam lose from getting Trevor Lawrence. I wouldn’t crown JD gm of the yr for making that pick if we had that opportunity. We could have traded back, really used all those picks to re-build , OL a lot. I give JD credit for trying. But little too risky drafting complete wildcard unproven qb like Zach, just because barley missed out on the big prize 

2 hours ago, Flashlite80 said:

When he makes a big throw, his mechanics tend to be better.  He can't throw 40 yards unless he gets in the right position.  The "gimmies" he throws across his body, often his body is not facing his target and his footwork is lousy.  Funny thing is the talent is there.  He just can't get the mechanics of quarterbacking right.  Also, he looses focus under pressure, sometimes stops looking downfield and forgets where his options are.

The basic mechanics are troubling.  How did he get to the pros with such terrible mechanics?  How did scouts not pick it up?  Maybe it's because he didn't face much pressure against the weak BYU opponents.  We know he is completely useless under pressure, with a QBR under 20!!!!!!!!!  He was accurate when not pressured.  

Better protection will help a lot.  Still, he will have to learn to process under pressure and stay mechanically sound or, as they do now, teams will sell out on him constantly.  If he can, maybe he can be fixed.  If not, he better invest his contract money well because he is done in the NFL.

I don’t buy the mechanics argument that much. As you said how did he get to the pros with bad mechanics. The thing is he’s almost never going to have great mechanics. It’s the way he’s been throwing forever. I think you can only change how a person does things just so much.  But what I also see is a guy who hasn’t learned that a guaranteed 5-7 yards on first or second down is an extremely valuable thing to get. He seems to want more and doesn’t get the risk/reward aspect.

we’ll see pretty soon if he has learned how to play the game.

On 3/10/2023 at 12:39 PM, bitonti said:

JD is the best Jets gm at convincing the fans he's great. He's not better than Parcells or even tanny.

Yes he is.

His w-l record is terrible

It is.  So far. 

Tenure isn't over, and unlike Parcells he has yet to force the greatest Head Coach in NFL history to our arch rivals yet.  Stress yet......

and the Zach pick might be the worst in team history.

Eh, if we rid ourselves of it asap, the harm is minor.  It's not 1974, you can recover from a bad QB pick if you choose to.

And pets not pretend the Parcells Era was riddled with great drafts.  Only 2000, after he quit on us as Coach and was in his final throes as our figurehead GM, was any good realy.

He's a mediocre gm. Some good, some bad.

100% Fair so far.  Very hit or miss.

Parcells was a flat our bad GM tho.  Bad drafts, bad FA decisions (mostly).  Bad contracts.  Bad coach staff decisions.

He saved us, then killed us.  Fat Tuna being Fat Tuna.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes he is.

It is.  So far. 

Tenure isn't over, and unlike Parcells he has yet to force the greatest Head Coach in NFL history to our arch rivals yet.  Stress yet......

Eh, if we rid ourselves of it asap, the harm is minor.  It's not 1974, you can recover from a bad QB pick if you choose to.

And pets not pretend the Parcells Era was riddled with great drafts.  Only 2000, after he quit on us as Coach and was in his final throes as our figurehead GM, was any good realy.

100% Fair so far.  Very hit or miss.

Parcells was a flat our bad GM tho.  Bad drafts, bad FA decisions (mostly).  Bad contracts.  Bad coach staff decisions.

He saved us, then killed us.  Fat Tuna being Fat Tuna.

Fwiw Parcells was great at hiring assistant coaches and acquiring talent like Curtis. He wasn't perfect but a damn sight better than the jd circus 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Fwiw Parcells was great at hiring assistant coaches and acquiring talent like Curtis. He wasn't perfect but a damn sight better than the jd circus 

Typical rose-colored glasses to what in-truth was a single good season and mostly a pile of overhyped "fixed the culture" poop.

Mostly bad player moves and contracts.

Utterly failed to secure Bellichek as replacement, leading to the Pats Dynasty.

Only here for three years, one only of which was a truly great winning season.  It wasn't better because of his screw ups at QB.

His time here was like a bad pop group who scraped out a single hit.  Good for him.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Only here for three years

His time here was like a bad pop group who scraped out a single hit.  Good for him.

JD has been here for 4 years and they haven't had a winning season 

Parcells was a whisker away from the super bowl. Tanny/Rex got two afc cg 

JD has great press clippings and an almost unexplainable following among the fans but the team actual results are below mediocre 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

JD has been here for 4 years and they haven't had a winning season 

Parcells was a whisker away from the super bowl. Tanny/Rex got two afc cg 

......the team actual results are below mediocre 

Yes, all true.

Doesn't change anything I've said. 

Parcells was a total sh*t GM.

Zach and Becton were speculative, two of the worst pics in team history. 

15 minutes ago, Vader said:

Zach and Becton were speculative, two of the worst pics in team history. 

Gholston, Dee Milner ,  hackenberg , Kyle Brady..Calvin prior, Kyle Wilson , darron Lee, coples. All were worse than Becton. Who still has time to turn it around, and really had a very good rookie yr. Sam darnold and mark sanchez pretty bad too. Factoring in we also had to give up quality draft picks to move up to get those bums. Zack Wilson though will likely be the jets worst pick in franchise history. Top 3 in NFL history.

25 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Probably. But there is a MUCH greater chance Aaron rodgers is still playing in NFL in 3 years than zach Wilson. 

Can pretty much guarantee you are wrong with this one.  Though I hope you are right and Rodgers is still with the Jets.  But it’s likely that Rodgers is retired and Zach is a backup somewhere.