NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Or we could be one injury away from him stepping up and winning some games for us.

We dont know.  Lets see how he looks in the preseason before we commit to he sucks or he could be good.  

We know he has sucked in the past.  But he is young and has talent.  Players like that can improve.  If we get through a few preseason games and he hasnt improved, joe will bring in a vet as the backup.

There is 0 reason to keep bashing the kid.  Root for him this preseason and if not he will be replaced.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's not a "kid".  He's a grown adult with a net worth north of $30M.  He'll survive.  

"He will survive".  HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.  Of course he will.  You think he cares what clueless jet fans think about him?

I hope he plays well this preseason and can be our back up.  If not, we move on.  Time will tell.  Till then, keep bashing a young kid in every thread.  Sounds fun.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Given that we're one injury away from him potentially destroying our chances at winning the division, it will remain a topic of conversation for the next year or 2.

If we had added a veteran QB2 into the mix to provide a buffer I wouldn't bother nearly as much in talking about our QB3.  But alas....

Everyone should agree if they were being intellectually honest, even those who still believe in Zach. They have blamed the Jets for "rushing him in too soon" and said he now needs to be completely rebuilt "the right way." That is the Zach optimists' own position.

We all know if Rodgers gets hurt (heaven forbid) and Zach comes in and stinks, his defenders will then complain about not having a vet QB to allow Zach to have a red-shirt "rebuilding" year. They will blame the Jets for "short-circuiting yet another Zach rebuild" and "not giving the kid a chance to succeed." Of course, these are the same folks fighting tooth and nail for their boo to not suffer the indignity of being listed QB3 to sit and learn away from the bright lights and pressure.

Personally, I think they want him at QB2 on the 3% chance he comes in and proves them right on a messageboard.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

"He will survive".  HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.  Of course he will.  You think he cares what clueless jet fans think about him?

I hope he plays well this preseason and can be our back up.  If not, we move on.  Time will tell.  Till then, keep bashing a young kid in every thread.  Sounds fun.

Will do thanks for the permission!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He probably cares as much as clueless jets fans care about other clueless jets fans bashing them online.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

He probably cares as much as clueless jets fans care about other clueless jets fans basing them online.

The strange thing about Joe defending Zach so hard on this one is that the original reason I posted about Zach (and let’s not forget…the other QBs in the roster) was to defend Joe W’s boy MLF.  

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

It's mind blowing how people can watch the same thing and have such polar opposite reactions. 

In my mind, MLF is the best OC the Jets have had since I became an educated sometime around '03. He ran a modern offense for the first time ever here, brought fresh new ideas that centered around making the QB's life easier, and came up with gameplans to attack opponent weaknesses. You can see how well it worked on every QB that took snaps under center other than Zach Wilson while he was here.

To me, objectively looking at the situation means that if 4 QBs are able to have success under an OC while one is not, then the one QB would be the outlier who is causing failure; not the OC. 

This is possibly the dumbest post I have ever read. Literally nothing you said is true. I hope this is 100% sarcasm

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

This is possibly the dumbest post I have ever read. Literally nothing you said is true. I hope this is 100% sarcasm

Thing of it is there is evidence that backs up his point and none that backs up yours.

I don't agree that MLF is the best Jets OC since '03, though a case can be made I suppose.  But in any case, our side provided proof that MLF isn't all that bad.  Where's yours that says he is?  

• Upvote 1

@Jetsfan80
 ...All say hello.
[/quote]

John Elway 4-7
Peyton Manning 3-13
Troy Aikman 0-11
Joe Namath 5-7-1
Joe Montana 2-14
Dan Fouts 0-5-1
Jim Kelly DNP
Terry Bradshaw 4-9

.. what else do besides crappy rookie years do these guys have in common ..hmmmmmmm

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie

21 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Zach was a rookie two years ago ... Losing record is always expected of rookies.

^^^ this was your quote 

I provided 12 instances of QBs since ‘04 that disproved this notion:  Your use of the word “always” was decidedly wrong.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

@Jetsfan80
 ...All say hello.
[/quote]

John Elway 4-7
Peyton Manning 3-13
Troy Aikman 0-11
Joe Namath 5-7-1
Joe Montana 2-14
Dan Fouts 0-5-1
Jim Kelly DNP
Terry Bradshaw 4-9

.. what else do besides crappy rookie years do these guys have in common ..hmmmmmmm

^^^ Not only that but you had to go wayyyyy back to find your own examples in an effort to double down, lol.  

You lost this one.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You are always wrong. Always.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thing of it is there is evidence that backs up his point and none that backs up yours.

I don't agree that MLF is the best Jets OC since '03, though a case can be made I suppose.  But in any case, our side provided proof that MLF isn't all that bad.  Where's yours that says he is?  

1CA24328-FA3F-4EED-A30E-CB6D826A0FA6.gif.d88df9d14462fc00272f3cdb128dd157.gif

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Or we could be one injury away from him stepping up and winning some games for us.

We dont know.  Lets see how he looks in the preseason before we commit to he sucks or he could be good.  

We know he has sucked in the past.  But he is young and has talent.  Players like that can improve.  If we get through a few preseason games and he hasnt improved, joe will bring in a vet as the backup.

There is 0 reason to keep bashing the kid.  Root for him this preseason and if not he will be replaced.

Sneaky. “Wait and see until there are no viable vet QB2s left.” You just want there to be a chance for Zach to prove you right on the Internet — the team be damned.

• Upvote 2

^^^ Not only that but you had to go wayyyyy back to find your own examples in an effort to double down, lol.  
You lost this one.
Not really ... All I did was Google Hall Of Fame Quarterback Rookie Win Loss Record.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Not really ... All I did was Google Hall Of Fame Quarterback Rookie Win Loss Record.

And all I did was look up rookie QB records when you said a losing record is “always” expected, sir.  

And by “wayyyy back” I didn’t mean the effort you put into your list.   I’m saying your most recent examples were from a completely different era of football.  Might as well throw rookie QB data out before the Ty Law rule came into effect when talking about modern rookie QBs.  

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Sneaky. “Wait and see until there are no viable vet QB2s left.” You just want there to be a chance for Zach to prove you right on the Internet — the team be damned.

With Joe W’s logic you could bring in William & Mary’s backup QB as a UDFA and keep him around for years because you “just don’t know” what he’ll become.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

With Joe W’s logic you could bring in William & Mary’s backup QB as a UDFA and keep him around for years because you “just don’t know” what he’ll become.  

"We shouldn't have given up on Geno!" Even putting aside the absurdity of waiting 7 years and multiple contracts for a QB to not be trash, following this method would mean we never would've drafted Geno in the first place because we would still have been "waiting to see" on Sanchez.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Zach Wilson about to ascend mightily this preseason.

Lol. Typically, going into the third year for a top 3 overall pick, the narrative is that this will be the year he takes the next step to becoming elite in the regular season. Here we are hoping that Zach can just ascend all the way to "functional backup in the preseason". 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's going to have to do a lot to crack this legendary all-time best preseason Jets QBs list:

1. Brett Ratliff
  2. Chris Streveler
  3. Browning Nagle
  4. Mike White
  5. Matt Simms

You mudder fluffer. The Strev AND the Salsa King Simms?? Whats wrong with you bro? Reel in the trolling. You're getting obvious.

• Haha 1