NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

8 minutes ago, pointman said:

Personally, I hate that this thread isn't more about bashing Moore and highlighting his incompetent existence and ugly demeanor. 

He has a strong mental acuity to understand intricate defensive schemes then defeat them. He is a player with a strong will. He fights through adversity and always come to play and plays hard. He played on a team with a horrific defense and a average at best QB but never wavered in his desire to play his hardest. He was a team leader who was admired by his teammates while always encouraging them no matter the situation. He is a player with great character and would be a strong building block for any team looking to start anew. Moore will be a strong, positive voice in the locker room and a leader on the field. He should be the favorite receiver of a new QB with his ability to separate and get open quickly with the ability to make a splash play.

A Look at Jets WR Elijah Moore A dynamic receiver with great character

elijah-moore-jets.gif

• Haha 3

On 7/17/2023 at 7:26 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

"He will survive".  HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.  Of course he will.  You think he cares what clueless jet fans think about him?

I hope he plays well this preseason and can be our back up.  If not, we move on.  Time will tell.  Till then, keep bashing a young kid in every thread.  Sounds fun.

Why do you care what 40 lunatic Jet fans on the internet say about Zach?

Zach is probably somewhere on west coast time right now raw-dogging some MILF. He is living his best life. He doesn’t need any keyboard warriors sticking up for him. He’s good to go.  

Let people have their harmless fun. 

also, if you end up being right, you can always come back and troll everyone then. That’s the way to handle it. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why do you care what 40 lunatic Jet fans on the internet say about Zach?

Zach is probably somewhere on west coast time right now raw-dogging some MILF. He is living his best life. He doesn’t need any keyboard warriors sticking up for him. He’s good to go.  

Let people have their harmless fun. 

also, if you end up being right, you can always come back and troll everyone then. That’s the way to handle it. 

So, am I correct in assuming that "living his best life" does not include becoming a starting caliber NFL QB?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

So, am I correct in assuming that "living his best life" does not include becoming a starting caliber NFL QB?

sure - i mean, the VAST majority of guys don’t become good starting NFL QBs. It’s not the end of the world

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2023 at 2:42 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Thing of it is there is evidence that backs up his point and none that backs up yours.

I don't agree that MLF is the best Jets OC since '03, though a case can be made I suppose.  But in any case, our side provided proof that MLF isn't all that bad.  Where's yours that says he is?  

You did not such thing. All you showed is that the other QBs were less bad over a smaller window heavily skewed by a few games.  I have posted an entire list of reasons MLF is the worst OC we have ever had and I completely stand by that. Not really interested any more in 40 post arguments on a Jets board. 

12 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

You did not such thing. All you showed is that the other QBs were less bad over a smaller window heavily skewed by a few games.  I have posted an entire list of reasons MLF is the worst OC we have ever had and I completely stand by that. Not really interested any more in 40 post arguments on a Jets board. 

It’s telling that a group of journeymen, mostly sh*tty QBs averaged nearly 100 yards more per game than the golden boy # 2 overall pick in the same set of circumstances.

You minimizing that doesn’t make it less salient.  It’s indeed proof positive that a league average or below average QB would have run MLF’s offense just fine and his coaching can’t be pinned for Zach’s failure.

He wasn’t a particularly good OC at all but my evidence is far better than your silly anecdotes or “eye test” in proving he wasn’t dreadful or incompetent, either.  You just refuse to see reason which is typical.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s telling that a group of journeymen, mostly sh*tty QBs averaged nearly 100 yards more per game than the golden boy # 2 overall pick in the same set of circumstances.

You minimizing that doesn’t make it less salient.  It’s indeed proof positive that a league average or below average QB would have run MLF’s offense just fine and his coaching can’t be pinned for Zach’s failure.

He wasn’t a particularly good OC at all but my evidence is far better than your silly anecdotes or “eye test” in proving he wasn’t dreadful or incompetent, either.  You just refuse to see reason which is typical.  

All you are focused on is truly marginal improvement at best from the other QBs and not his approach, personality, coaching ability, structure, play calling or any of that. Believe what you want. I'm out

13 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

All you are focused on is truly marginal improvement at best from the other QBs and not his approach, personality, coaching ability, structure, play calling or any of that. Believe what you want. I'm out

What can I say.  I think numbers overcome lots of biases.  Harder for them to lie.  Especially when you can control for as many variables as possible.  

Kind of weird that you think Josh Johnson (16 teams in 13 years, several non-NFL teams included) performing better in the same offense is meaningless but again, that’s typical.  

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What can I say.  I think numbers overcome lots of biases.  Harder for them to lie.  Especially when you can control for as many variables as possible.  

Kind of weird that you think Josh Johnson (16 teams in 13 years, several non-NFL teams included) performing better in the same offense is meaningless but again, that’s typical.  

He had 317 yards in a game where we were down 42-10 and is the absolute poster child for garbage time. But yeah he was rocking the offense.

30 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

He had 317 yards in a game where we were down 42-10 and is the absolute poster child for garbage time. But yeah he was rocking the offense.

Zach had 22 opportunities to put up big yardage, several of which were a similar “garbage time” scenarios.  He only reached 300+ yards twice in those 22 starts.  Pretty pathetic in todays NFL.  

So of course I’m not moved at all by this argument.  I’d have loved to see Zach produce even in garbage time.  And you wouldn’t be using this excuse if he had. 

Thought you were done btw?

Fishing Reeling In GIF by Yung Bae

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If only there was an entire discipline designed to use numbers to draw conclusions free of bias…

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2023 at 4:42 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Thing of it is there is evidence that backs up his point and none that backs up yours.

I don't agree that MLF is the best Jets OC since '03, though a case can be made I suppose.  But in any case, our side provided proof that MLF isn't all that bad.  Where's yours that says he is?  

Curious who you would take over MLF. Chan is the only guy that comes to mind, but he was also working with vastly superior talent across the offense than MLF had during his tenure here.

I supposed the original Hackett should get a nod considering that he was able to get anything out of noodle arm in '02 and again in '04. 

On 7/17/2023 at 10:31 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

So you don’t know about a guy who has two years on tape of being the 34th best QB in the league, but you do know that there’s a less than 0 chance of a FA who has been linked to the Jets actually signing with the Jets. 

On 7/17/2023 at 11:10 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct

LOL

You have a less than 0 chance of being right about zach wilson, just like you had a less than 0 chance of being right about Dalvin Cook.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Curious who you would take over MLF. Chan is the only guy that comes to mind, but he was also working with vastly superior talent across the offense than MLF had during his tenure here.

I supposed the original Hackett should get a nod considering that he was able to get anything out of noodle arm in '02 and again in '04. 

Yeah I’d probably go Chan over MLF, since he had some success at other stops. 

MLF would probably be my # 2 though.  

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Of OCs, 

Weis

Walton

& Hackett

Everyone else were awful.

The time frame presented was '03 to present.  Weis and Walton are excluded.

So you're going Hackett and everyone else.  Got it.  Well that doesn't exactly scream "MLF WAS WAY SH*TTIER THAN EVERYONE ELSE" now does it.

Do you fail to see why blaming the OC for every young QB's failure here doesn't work?  If that really were true, that the Jets long line of crappy OC's held back QB after QB....then we'd have been seeing those same guys going on to success with competent coaching.

Blaming the OC is such a tired, played out exercise at this point.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The time frame presented was '03 to present.  Weis and Walton are excluded.

So you're going Hackett and everyone else.  Got it.  Well that doesn't exactly scream "MLF WAS WAY SH*TTIER THAN EVERYONE ELSE" now does it.

Do you fail to see why blaming the OC for every young QB's failure here doesn't work?  If that really were true, that the Jets long line of crappy OC's held back QB after QB....then we'd have been seeing those same guys going on to success with competent coaching.

Blaming the OC is such a tired, played out exercise at this point.

The only OC that properly developed a young QB this century for the Jets was Henning/Hackett everyone else failed miserably. Since 2000, the Jets have had only 1 offensive minded HC and that was Adam Gase. Defensive minded HC want conservative OCs, they don't want their QB to put their defense in a bad spot. 

What that screams is that the Jets have done a poor job hiring OCs because of their HC, Gailey was a nice hire. I got the impression he didn't want to be with the Jets and was doing Bowles a favor. I look forward to seeing what this Hackett brings this year.

The GM held the HC and the OC accountable for what transpired last season. JD politely let MiLF go, why because the offense wasn't good. You can think MiLF was a good OC, it doesn't mean he was. Because if he was, he would still have a job here.

Just now, Claymation said:

The only OC that properly developed a young QB this century for the Jets was Henning/Hackett everyone else failed miserably. Since 2000, the Jets have had only 1 offensive minded HC and that was Adam Gase. Defensive minded HC want conservative OCs, they don't want their QB to put their defense in a bad spot. 

What that screams is that the Jets have done a poor job hiring OCs because of their HC, Gailey was a nice hire. I got the impression he didn't want to be with the Jets and was doing Bowles a favor. I look forward to seeing what this Hackett brings this year.

The GM held the HC and the OC accountable for what transpired last season. JD politely let MiLF go, why because the offense wasn't good. You can think MiLF was a good OC, it doesn't mean he was. Because if he was, he would still have a job here.

Saleh still has a job and he has been a bad HC to date.  Doesn't mean he won't become a good HC.  

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

I agree.  That is one reason I wish the Jets had made a bigger push to keep Favre in 2009.  Favre is the perfect gunslinging douchebag to pair up with a top D.  Solid run game, great D, and let that prick fling it around now and then when points are needed.  OTOH, I think Favre was kinda done with us and a big negative because he just wanted to run off to Minnesota.  Still, if we had kept him imagine pairing his 2009 numbers with Rex's D?  4000+ at 68% 33/7?  ****.

Instead of a job with one of the brightest offensive minds in the game? 

• Post of the Week 1

In fairness to the MLF comments.  There is no evidence that Saleh, MLF or Zach Wilson are any good at their jobs at this point.  Saleh was a decent DC and MLF was a decent WR coach.  

Frankly all 3 of them should have been replaced after last year but only MLF and Zach were replaced.  

The rubber on Saleh is going to hit the road in a few weeks.  This should be an interesting and hopefully fun season.  Don't be shocked if it turns into a train wreck.  The NFL is like the tide.  When it goes out the people swimming naked are expossed.

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I agree.  That is one reason I wish the Jets had made a bigger push to keep Favre in 2009.  Favre is the perfect gunslinging douchebag to pair up with a top D.  Solid run game, great D, and let that prick fling it around now and then when points are needed.  OTOH, I think Favre was kinda done with us and a big negative because he just wanted to run off to Minnesota.  Still, if we had kept him imagine pairing his 2009 numbers with Rex's D?  4000+ at 68% 33/7?  ****.

Excellent point. Hell in 08 jets were 8-3 before farve tour his bicep and played rest of yr when he couldn’t throw deep. We went pretty far with sanchez, who was almost as bad a zach Wilson. With  jets get a buy and at least some home field advantage. Which both can be huge deep in playoffs.

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I actually think Rodgers is the perfect QB to pair with a top D because he throws so few interceptions. (He's never thrown more than 13 picks in any season and has thrown fewer than 10 picks 12 out of his 15 seasons as a starting QB). Having a QB who doesn't turn it over and a top defense should mean that we win the turnover battle more often than not. Winning the turnover battle = winning

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I actually think Rodgers is the perfect QB to pair with a top D because he throws so few interceptions. (He's never thrown more than 13 picks in any season and has thrown fewer than 10 picks 12 out of his 15 seasons as a starting QB). Having a QB who doesn't turn it over and a top defense should mean that we win the turnover battle more often than not. Winning the turnover battle = winning

Shhhh!  Shut your mouth you jinx-y SOB!

• Haha 1