NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

I must have missed your earlier discussion.

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

(I was using hyperbole for comedic effect, thank you, but if this was a question on Jeopardy I was going to guess Old Miss because of the blue)

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Old Miss

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He deserves a medal for the Adams deal and some of the other trades he has made, he had a spotless record in that regard.  Not any more.

Douglas has been brilliant in a large part of his job but has been far from perfect.

If his moves lead to a Superbowl then regardless of what anyone things about individual moves or how many he won or lost, the man is the best GM we have ever has bar none. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Will be very curious to see how Moore does this year. There's certainly part of me that wishes we'd just kept him given we had a new QB and OC in the building but it's clear that culturally the guy was a problem.

Wouldn't at all be shocked if he had a big year with Watson. Of course, I also wouldn't be shocked if he didn't do much -- the "bad QB" argumen't didn't stop Garrett Wilson from looking like a superstar.

He showed his colors when he got on all 4's and lifted his leg in college. Character can't be hidden forever no matter how many Jesus tweets you post on twitter. He showed his true character then and showed it again here...there is no doubt in my mind when the Ravens, Bengals and Steelers place the Browns squarely in the division basement again the odds are that he shows his character again. 

My father used to always say- You take you wherever you go.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

The fact that he was willing to so quickly pivot from the BYU bust rather than go down with the ship due to ego is an encouraging sign. It's like I tell my people to calm them down when they are being audited -- there is no such thing as a bad audit, but there is such a thing as a bad remediation.

Even HOF GMs missed plenty, but they didn't let those misses paralyze them.

Let’s be honest.  If Rodgers was not available we would be talking Zach Wilson week 1 starter

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

Let’s be honest.  If Rodgers was not available we would be talking Zach Wilson week 1 starter

I don't think so. We'd probably have Carr and if we lost out on him, someone like Wentz/Bridgewater/Ryan.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets signing Rodgers is like when that broke family spends the entire tax refund on a trip to Disney world. when there's a leak in the roof, no savings, cc debt, a car with problems - like a million other better ways to use that money

it's a pure short-term sugar rush play for 2022 so JD can get an extension (avoid getting fired for drafting Zach)  

long term it's a real questionable use of resources

Elijah Moore should be an excellent WR2 in CLE with Amari Cooper on the other side. Jets face CLE this year alot of people chalk that up as a win (on their way to 12-5) but the Jets are going to get everyone's best shot every week. 

Debbie Downer Snl GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets signing Rodgers is like when that broke family spends the entire tax refund on a trip to Disney world. when there's a leak in the roof, no savings, cc debt, a car with problems - like a million other better ways to use that money

it's a pure short-term sugar rush play for 2022 so JD can get an extension (avoid getting fired for drafting Zach)  

Elijah Moore should be an excellent WR2 in CLE with Amari Cooper on the other side. Jets face CLE this year alot of people chalk that up as a win (on their way to 12-5) but the Jets are going to get everyone's best shot every week. 

What is it going to take to get it through that thick head that JD is NOT going to get fired for drafting Zach? Zach is a bust. But it will not get him fired. No matter how much you say it will.  Not the way Woody rolls and besides, he drafted a pair of ROYs.  Let it go. 

Looking ahead, not making playoffs or more with the Rodgers investment just might get him fired.  

Guy couldn't get separation in games, gave up on routes, and when things didn't go right whined so much he had to be benched. Maybe this trade will be great for him - I hope so. But, more likely when he is playing in games he will once again not get separation and therefore the ball - then he will become a malcontent again and blame everyone but himself.

I hope that I am wrong, but rarely do these character issues resolve themselves until a player reaches rock-bottom; he demanded a trade and got one - my guess is that he hasn't learned anything and is just as likely to become a problem if things go wrong.

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

What is it going to take to get it through that thick head that JD is NOT going to get fired for drafting Zach? Zach is a bust. But it will not get him fired. No matter how much you say it will.  Not the way Woody rolls and besides, he drafted a pair of ROYs.  Let it go. 

Looking ahead, not making playoffs or more with the Rodgers investment just might get him fired.  

You’re both right. He’s not getting fired specifically because he drafted Zach but if Rodgers doesn’t work out here (injury, ineffectiveness, etc.), he could get fired for the team sucking which ultimately would be because he whiffed on Wilson.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I wish the Jets kept Moore as well.  But if you think it through, you can understand why JD made the trade.  He knew he had to give up a 2nd for Rodgers.  He judged that it was more important for the Jets to pick up an additional 2nd to draft a center than to keep a WR who he could somewhat replace in free agency.  

I think that is exactly the thought process of bringing in Hardman, whose production is in the ballpark of Moore's. If they both played with the same calibre of QB, their stats might be almost identical.

Moore is going to have a monster season in Cleveland.  Wish it could have worked out here but Joe deemed it unrepairable.

Not taking JSN to replace him was an epic fail.  It was a layup and Joe blew it.

Joe pandered to Rodgers and chose Cobb over JSN.  That will be an all time mistake.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, bitonti said:

i can't believe that anyone takes what you say with any authority.

for the last year you have been going on non stop about your silly idea that JetBlue make Woody draft Zach.   But then you turn around and talk about JD getting fired for drafting Zach.

its comical that a smart guy like you can't even pick up your mixed messages.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i can't believe that anyone takes what you say with any authority.

for the last year you have been going on non stop about your silly idea that JetBlue make Woody draft Zach.   But then you turn around and talk about JD getting fired for drafting Zach.

its comical that a smart guy like you can't even pick up your mixed messages.

I’ve been where bit is. Sometimes we try to find rational reasons for bad outcomes, and ironically this can push ourselves into irrationality. We saw this with Darnold — it can’t just be that he’s a bad NFL QB — it must be his weapons, his coaches, the mono, the vicious NY media, or even our own impatience as Jets fans.

But sometimes the answer is simple although not satisfying: there is no JetBlue conspiracy — the Jets just made yet another colossally stupid decision in a long line of them.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

I’ve been where bit is. Sometimes we try to find rational reasons for bad outcomes, and ironically this can push ourselves into irrationality. We saw this with Darnold — it can’t just be that he’s a bad NFL QB — it must be his weapons, his coaches, the mono, the vicious NY media, or even us impatient fans.

But sometimes the answer is simple although not satisfying: there is no JetBlue conspiracy — the Jets just made yet another colossally stupid decision in a long line of them.

Either there's a conspiracy or jd made the worst draft pick in Jets history on his own 

Pick your poison 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Either there's a conspiracy or jd made the worst draft pick in Jets history on his own 

Pick your poison 

Yep what people don’t see is that your view is actually the optimistic one! I faced the same rage when I said the Jets were a case of one guy holding back a good team and not a case of a crappy team holding back one guy. Was called a Zach hater, troll, fake Jets fan, etc. But actually my view was the rosier one - lot easier to fix 1 guy than literally everything else.

Sidenote: who the hell would fake being a Jets fan??? Sometimes I fake not being a Jets fan at parties.

• Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

Yep what people don’t see is that your view is actually the optimistic one! I faced the same rage when I said this Jets team is a case of one guy holding back a good team and not a case of a crappy team holding back one guy. Was called a Zach hater, troll, fake Jets fan, etc. But actually my view is the rosier one - lot easier to fix 1 guy than literally everything else.

Sidenote: who the hell would fake being a Jets fan??? Sometimes I fake not being a Jets fan at parties.

I don't know if conspiracy is the right word 

It's a fact that there's a decade long multi million dollar marketing relationship between the Jets and jetblue 

It's more like nepotism. Like how they hired Paul Hackett son and gino Marchetti grandson to be coaches. The Lefleur brothers. The league is ripe with these nepotism relationships 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's a fact that there's a decade long multi million dollar marketing relationship between the Jets and jetblue 

It's more like nepotism. Like how they hired Paul Hackett son and gino Marchetti grandson to be coaches. The Lefleur brothers. The league is ripe with these nepotism relationships 

Well, despite not thinking there’s anything to it in this case, I hope you’re right. JD is likely going to be here awhile and I’d prefer that he isn’t this horrific at evaluating QBs.

I don’t watch a ton of college ball or film but Zach just had one of the more powerful bust scents on him in recent years. The facts are there: small school, limited concepts, horrible footwork, outmatched opponents, one year wonder, never looked like a pro prospect with fans in the stands, aversion to playing in structure, seemingly allergic to planting his lead foot and rotating his hips when throwing. But also he just did not give off an alpha dog / “follow me lads, we can do this” big swinging D vibe that an NFL franchise QB needs.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Guy couldn't get separation in games, gave up on routes, and when things didn't go right whined so much he had to be benched. Maybe this trade will be great for him - I hope so. But, more likely when he is playing in games he will once again not get separation and therefore the ball - then he will become a malcontent again and blame everyone but himself.

I hope that I am wrong, but rarely do these character issues resolve themselves until a player reaches rock-bottom; he demanded a trade and got one - my guess is that he hasn't learned anything and is just as likely to become a problem if things go wrong.

I get moore had issues but let's not pretend he didn't get open. All our guys did. We couldn't  get him the ball. Some was on zach sure but he was a bum lil whiner, I think other than mims joe had gotten rid of every single me first guy who has gone public. I think miks got pass cause he told him it was his agent

Moms from my recollection has said only good stuff not anit jets. Like I'm working hard way to be bigger party etc.

34 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Every NFL team... all 32... have huge million dollar marketing relationships with many, many large corporations.  You cherry picked one coroorate relationship in order to fabricate about as weird a "consoiracy theory" as was rigged Dominion voting machiners.   Please come back to Earth. 

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I get moore had issues but let's not pretend he didn't get open. All our guys did. We couldn't  get him the ball. Some was on zach sure but he was a bum lil whiner, I think other than mims joe had gotten rid of every single me first guy who has gone public. I think miks got pass cause he told him it was his agent

Moms from my recollection has said only good stuff not anit jets. Like I'm working hard way to be bigger party etc.

Moore quit on routes.  Inexcusable, notwithstanding his QB was horrific.  He's just a bad character/bad motivation kind of guy.  We got less trading him away than it cost to draft him, but I think they were right as far as locker room disturbance and general bad vibes from his me-first attitude.  Unfortunate and draft capital costly, but trading him away was absolutely the right decision for this team.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Every NFL team... all 32... have huge million dollar marketing relationships with many, many large corporations.  You cherry picked one coroorate relationship in order to fabricate about as weird a "consoiracy theory" as was rigged Dominion voting machiners.   Please come back to Earth. 

like I said it's not conspiracy it's nepotism 

Rex Ryan is the son of Buddy Ryan, etc

Woody already said in interviews that Wilson's Uncle is a friend of the family - these are billionaires who run in the same circles 

If Justin Fields' uncle founded Met Life Insurance, The Jets would have had alot to think about that draft

hey it's either believe that or believe JD is the worst QB scouting GM in the business 

what's it gonna be? 

Lately I tend to believe JD isn't that dumb that he would draft Zach without being ordered to do it 

but then again he's had 5 years to build the offensive line and he can't do that right either 

20-46 that's the quality of GM Joe Douglas

exactly 

see my signature for more