JetNation 2023 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

There you go.  I took the combine darling.  Suck it all you production over traits guys.  I guess there might be some size and medical concerns with the pec, but give me a guy who can run.  

I like Kancey as much as the next guy, but there are probably plenty of teams that are not interested in a DT with 29-30" arms.  He was on my list, but I don't see him as some super steal in the late 1st.  I did not like the Mayer pick, but apparently at least one guy - Kelly at the Ringer has him as the 2nd best pass catcher behind JSN and 12th overall.  I don't see it.

Like your pick. Gives a ton of versatility. Great value at this spot. Can't believe he lasted that long.

• Upvote 3

I’m a little behind in my research this year, but as usual love that this mock helps me acclimate to the prospects as I just don’t have life bandwidth for NCAAfootball. 

The Colts are a mess right now.

Obviously happy to grab QB1 in Petty, but the reality I had last night is that they have too many holes to worry about ‘need picks’. I considered a lot of players at #35, but Drew Sanders read like a “QB of the defense” pick. I like that he has DE or OLB versatility and can cover, based on scouting reports. The Colts have a good DL, but behind it is a lot of question marks. If guys come back, then this just bolsters that group, either way Sandrrs is the future nucleus of this D.

• Upvote 4
  • More Ugh 1

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m a little behind in my research this year, but as usual love that this mock helps me acclimate to the prospects as I just don’t have life bandwidth for NCAAfootball. 

The Colts are a mess right now.

Obviously happy to grab QB1 in Petty, but the reality I had last night is that they have too many holes to worry about ‘need picks’. I considered a lot of players at #35, but Drew Sanders read like a “QB of the defense” pick. I like that he has DE or OLB versatility and can cover, based on scouting reports. The Colts have a good DL, but behind it is a lot of question marks. If guys come back, then this just bolsters that group, either way Sandrrs is the future nucleus of this D.

When talent, value and need meet up, it’s great. Colts lost a very good LB to the Giants. This was a no brained. Good job.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Banks pick is great value.  I think it was The Athletic who has him projected as 1st round.  No way he lasts this far in the actual draft.

edit: oops   I meant this as a response to @section314 who selected Banks.

Thank you. I remade my big board near the end of rd 1, and he was in my top 3. Two went off, and when Seattle offered to trade down from 37, and I to move from 44. Knew he wouldn’t last. We actually finalized the trade early this AM. Was nervous that @#27TheDominatormight grab him for the Rams to replace Ramsey. When he was still there, we ran the card up to the computer.?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Banks pick is great value.  I think it was The Athletic who has him projected as 1st round.  No way he lasts this far in the actual draft.

edit: oops   I meant this as a response to @section314 who selected Banks.

I think CB in general is a great value position in this draft.  I think some damn good prospects will be available throughout the draft.

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Lith said:

Probably a bit of an overpay to move up and get my guy, but I have theater tickets with the wife tomorrow and going to be in Chicago and offline most of the day.  This allows me to get one of the guys I had targeted for 45.

Thanks.

What are you going to see? 

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think CB in general is a great value position in this draft.  I think some damn good prospects will be available throughout the draft.

Indeed.  The top end is pretty good for sure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Thank you. I remade my big board near the end of rd 1, and he was in my top 3. Two went off, and when Seattle offered to trade down from 37, and I to move from 44. Knew he wouldn’t last. We actually finalized the trade early this AM. Was nervous that @#27TheDominatormight grab him for the Rams to replace Ramsey. When he was still there, we ran the card up to the computer.?

I thought about him.  Anybody with those kind of traits is intriguing.  Still when your LB/EDGE is faster than the  twitchy CB prospect I know where I will end up most of the time 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

Seahawks not thrilled with who's left on the board at this spot.. missed all my targets for this pick, would be willing to slide back a few picks if anyone has someone they want sitting there.

Maybe it is because I have not spent as much time as I usually do evaluating the class, but this class is just so uninspiring to me.  Was not happy with my options at 15, and I was just thinking if the Packers had acquired the pick from NYJ, I have no idea who I would take.  I just can't get excited about this draft class.

• Upvote 1

Time to be mr unpopular.   It is utterly absurd to have back to back picks and not have them go one after the other in about 5 minutes time at the very most.  With two picks clearly coming up, any trade negotiations should have happened long ago if any one was interested.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Time to be mr unpopular.   It is utterly absurd to have back to back picks and not have them go one after the other in about 5 minutes time at the very most.  With two picks clearly coming up, any trade negotiations should have happened long ago if any one was interested.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers